Deadpool 16 Liefeld

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Jamilton
Art Expert

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:44 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:I think this poster is rad as fudge.
I dig it too. I loved Liefeld as a kid buying comics when he hit the scene. I thought the goofy proportions made his books fun to look at.

Also..

Gbanek
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Solar wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:Liefeld is such a hack, I've got no respect for the guy. His art hasn't changed since he was 15. How could be drawing for so long, yet when you get asked to draw your own character, you still draw him like it was 1992? No progress, ever.
This poster looks nothing like 1992 Liefeld.
Seriously, the man must be blind. Where are the disproportionate body parts, the ridiculous bulging muscles, the over-sexualization? This poster is...restrained?
PunPryde
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:12 pm

+1 ... first successful mondo in awhile. :clap:
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:19 pm

+1 on the reg

liefeld's best work ever? maybe, very un-liefeldish
Marciano315
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Love the variant colors, actually managed to get one! First Mondo poster of the year for me.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:30 pm

schmoff wrote:+1 on the reg

liefeld's best illustration of a photo ever? maybe, very un-liefeldish
Fixed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Packatrix
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:00 pm

FrankBooth wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
nomdeguerre wrote:Is it uncommon for artists to use reference pics? They're still illustrating, not tracing right?
Not uncommon, many do it. It's no big deal.

Personally, if he's known for exaggerated features as a trademark or style, I'd prefer to see that, a bit like Rich Kelly.
Style yes

PunPryde
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Wow, Deadpool doing way better than expected at the box office! Already crossed $260 mil worldwide, impressive for a $58 mil budget and a R-rated movie. Killing it!
sprayandpray
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:30 pm

how's the movie? sad i missed out on this but hopefully the movie is good.
chavo
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:24 pm

Gbanek wrote:
Solar wrote:
fantasticninja wrote:Liefeld is such a hack, I've got no respect for the guy. His art hasn't changed since he was 15. How could be drawing for so long, yet when you get asked to draw your own character, you still draw him like it was 1992? No progress, ever.
Seriously, the man must be blind. Where are the disproportionate body parts, the ridiculous bulging muscles, the over-sexualization? This poster is...restrained?
Kinda funny..

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/ ... d-drawings
I would argue that but I am a lazy, lazy man.- Maden
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:34 pm

sprayandpray wrote:how's the movie? sad i missed out on this but hopefully the movie is good.
The movie is drymountin great! Very fun movie!

If you have kids, do not take them to see it. I can't stress that enough.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
fantasticninja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:21 am

Gbanek wrote:
Solar wrote:
I'm not talking about proportions. I'm talking about actual skill in drawing. The dude draws worse than most high schoolers. Plus he had to trace the picture, and still drew it like crap. He hasn't progressed in 20+ years.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:29 am

Whoa, wait..... so you're sayin you could do better? Because i'd like to see it if so.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:34 am

Is this worth 1k yet?

PS I can do better.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:29 am

UrsusMorris wrote:Whoa, wait..... so you're sayin you could do better? Because i'd like to see it if so.
This is why your argument is dumb, Ursus.

"Hey Chef, this souffle tastes like fudge."
"You don't like it, I'd like to see you cook a better one!"
"I can't, that's why I paid you."

If someone's a pro at something they're supposed to be good at it. Liefeld is bad at drawing, and shouldn't be paid for it. And me or you or him or her don't have to be better to be able to recognize that.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.