Vote! 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Imatruck
Art Expert

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:18 pm

pewter14 wrote:
hawks10 wrote: i'm not too worried about getting refunded as I don't see how they would be able to tell which customer I am vs. the ebay seller...
as pointed out earlier in this thread ... hopefully you are having the item shipped to somewhere other than Darien, IL ... or else I'm thinking OG is going to figure out really quickly the link between you and the e-bay sale.

just sayin' ... I could care less either way.
you could not care less

common mistake, just here to help.
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:12 pm

mikepettit wrote:i understand this is a forum and we all have free speach, but wtf do you guys care how one person handles their business...

do your thing hawks, let the people waste thier time discussing your ebay transactions and the money you are going to make for your time and effort.
I'm adding to the conversation cause people like hawks have already put me into problematic situations in the past for the way they handle their business... If the transaction works smoothly there is no problem, but they should warn whoever is bidding for it that they don't have it and inform them that things could go sour..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
jmacd
Art Expert

Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:30 am

Catarax wrote:
mikepettit wrote:i understand this is a forum and we all have free speach, but wtf do you guys care how one person handles their business...

do your thing hawks, let the people waste thier time discussing your ebay transactions and the money you are going to make for your time and effort.
I'm adding to the conversation cause people like hawks have already put me into problematic situations in the past for the way they handle their business... If the transaction works smoothly there is no problem, but they should warn whoever is bidding for it that they don't have it and inform them that things could go sour..
my 2 cents...i would be kinda pissed if i paid for something on ebay & then had to wait because the seller has to wait until a possible 2nd or 3rd print arrives because of damage. then wait again for it to be sent to me. i have to wait long enough for stuff to come through canada customs as it is. just be upfront with buyer, no print in hand....

and i got shut out again after trying for 2 hours at work...i'm gonna get fired trying for fairey prints.... :shock:
TheRedOne
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:01 am

I subscribe to the whole "let the flippers do what they want, it's not my concern" theory, but let's get one thing straight: his time and effort consisted of some keystrokes and clicking. Not quite equivalent to the time and effort put in by the artist of the piece (though I wonder how active Fairey is in this process anymore).
EB Team

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:15 am

is anyone else surprised this is over $150 on eBay already?
fribhey
Art Expert

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:25 am

hranek wrote:is anyone else surprised this is over $150 on eBay already?
not at all. his normal new releases go for about $100 - $150 in the first couple of weeks after being released.

it's a 24"x36" SCREENPRINT (not offset). that's twice the size as his normal prints which is rare for him to do a screenprint that size. the design is also his old style using the color blue which he hasn't done in a very very long time.... add that to the random release and the problems of last week and you have much more demand

i think this will easily go over $200
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:26 am

Yup. Obey's nothing but big business at this point. For both the artist and the consumer.
ryan_1969

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:28 am

why the fux do care about other people caring? do you see the irony here? :lol:
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:29 am

TheRedOne wrote:

I subscribe to the whole "let the flippers do what they want, it's not my concern" theory, but let's get one thing straight: his time and effort consisted of some keystrokes and clicking. Not quite equivalent to the time and effort put in by the artist of the piece (though I wonder how active Fairey is in this process anymore).
I can't believe he's even that involved anymore. I assume he spends most of his time swimming in his money bin. Can't blame him.
spoxbrain
Art Expert

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:39 am

Imatruck wrote:
pewter14 wrote:
hawks10 wrote: i'm not too worried about getting refunded as I don't see how they would be able to tell which customer I am vs. the ebay seller...
just sayin' ... I could care less either way.
you could not care less

common mistake, just here to help.
The caring Continuum :lol:
pjposters3
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:41 am

I care about all of you.

Just throwing it out there.
hawks10
Art Expert

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:22 am

One went for $179 on buy it now...

Very suprised to see the other going for over $200 so quickly...
hawks10
Art Expert

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:58 am

another just ended with buy it now for $200...it was listed for all of 30 seconds before someone snatched it...
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:00 pm

i wouldnt trade my toe nail clippings for this monstrosity of a print.
hawks10
Art Expert

Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:02 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:i wouldnt trade my toe nail clippings for this monstrosity of a print.
what would you trade them for? check my collection