Phish Riviera Maya 16 Landland

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:07 pm

admiller wrote:Some people just taking posters and walking when CC machines were not working right on some swipes.
They were just stealing prints? O_O That's pretty drymounted up :hanging:
So it goes...
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Ever been to a Phish show Michael? You get to see some drymounted up fudge.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:23 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:Ever been to a Phish show Michael? You get to see some drymounted up fudge.
I haven't. Just watching from the sidelines. I'm a big fan of Landland's stuff though, so i dig the piece.
Last edited by mfaith on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So it goes...
Jmtmoney2
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:40 pm

Most ugly print "line" I have ever been a part of. Was embarassing. Complete opposite of msg print queue.
Extremely physical.
Two very small tables covered with credit card machines both with wet surfaces.
No flat surface anywhere to roll prints.
Once someone pushed their way to the front after sweating through all their clothing pressed against every other person around them for more than an hour they all turned around to see people charging from all sides. No exit/no room.
People were folding prints under arms, holding above head and banging against merch tent roof frame and tent lights, other people,etc. everyone male and female pretty much drenched in sweat. Very few people had tubes.
Witnessed at least 50 prints get severely damaged while waiting to get to front.
Went to extreme right side of booth after paying for print, jumped over small barrier and unfurled my craft paper on top of a flat box and merch guy laid my print on top. Covered with a piece of glassine paper and quickly rolled into ice tube and jumped back over and placing tube cover in place. Then there was pretty significant rain during portions of the show.
Seems unlikely that a lot of these made it home in good shape. Hope I am wrong it is a nice print.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Cloud 9 wins again
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
Chief706
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:07 am

bryndavies wrote:Was gonna say. I'm shocked that these have been recorded this high. This print is aight, and it's no $300-$400 print. Not today, not in 5-10 years.

not in a month, either.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:41 am

admiller wrote:This is not a $300 plus print. Not even a $125+ print IMO. I like Landland and the cenotes image is relevant to a great weekend but these prices... :shock:

poster line was a sh*tshow. Some people just taking posters and walking when CC machines were not working right on some swipes. No enforced "1 per person" or anything. Sold out very quickly upon doors Fri. Lots of kids with multiple tubes walking back to their rooms to drop 'em off before the show.
Poster mosh pit!!
free for all !!

Its not the poster bringing the moolah
its the trip memory

If one spends a year + worth of touring cash
what's another 400 :D :hanging:
soupysound
EB Team

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:36 am

those ebay sales are laughable.

ISO: PB. if anyone that didn't make MX would like to help with the landland drop today, i'd greatly appreciate. as others have stated, sold out 1st night and was complete mess. usually they space out the drop over each night. not sure why they didn't this time.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:54 am

ErocAfellar wrote:Cloud 9 wins again
They ran it super smooth the last two years at the MMJ Mexico trip. Had the poster sale indoors at the merch area with like 5 or 6 tables across. Granted, there were a few thousand more for Phish but you would have thought they know the deal by now. That sucks.
Frog
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:26 am

While the poster isn't spectacular I think the fact that so many got damaged, so many people had a blast down there and spent a crap ton to do it will keep the value of this poster up. There wasn't much other commemorative stuff down there that could be displayed that I know of.
soupysound
EB Team

Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:28 am

Frog wrote:While the poster isn't spectacular I think the fact that so many got damaged, so many people had a blast down there and spent a crap ton to do it will keep the value of this poster up.
it's being exaggerated the amount that were damaged. the vast majority were taken back to their rooms as they had several hours before showtime. the other resort shuttles were too late arriving so the only people that had an opportunity to get one were at the barcelo.

.... and as far as "keeping the value up"...... you mean the fake ebay sales? riiiiiiiigggghhhhttt.
Frog
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:04 pm

I guess only time will tell. It just appears that with the limited FS/FT listings and the ebay listing that these are mostly in hands of people who want to keep them. Those that missed out might be willing to pay a premium.
lujborg
Art Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:07 pm

mfaith wrote:
ErocAfellar wrote:Ever been to a Phish show Michael? You get to see some drymounted up fudge.
I haven't. Just watching from the sidelines. I'm a big fan of Landland's stuff though, so i dig the piece.

ISO PB
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
kushmeja
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
admiller wrote:This is not a $300 plus print. Not even a $125+ print IMO. I like Landland and the cenotes image is relevant to a great weekend but these prices... :shock:

poster line was a sh*tshow. Some people just taking posters and walking when CC machines were not working right on some swipes. No enforced "1 per person" or anything. Sold out very quickly upon doors Fri. Lots of kids with multiple tubes walking back to their rooms to drop 'em off before the show.
Poster mosh pit!!
free for all !!

Its not the poster bringing the moolah
its the trip memory

If one spends a year + worth of touring cash
what's another 400 :D :hanging:
I'd have to agree with this, and think the sales are legit. I've personally sold many prints that I thought were worth far less than what the person paid for them. There's a lot of spoiled rich kids at Phish shows, especially one like this where you have to drop a few grand just to go. Lots of people have more money than brains, and given the lower than usual print run combined with the damage and rich kids, I don't see those prices as being that unrealistic. Not saying that I think it's worth anywhere near those prices and I'd definitely never spend more than 1/4 of that on a Phish poster for a newer show, but other people often just don't care about their money.

You guys underestimate the stupidity of some people
lujborg
Art Expert

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:14 pm

thanks a lot for posting the link early. so glad I joined that facebook group :roll:
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)