South Park: The Avengers 16 The Dark Inker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jeffreyjonesbsme
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:20 pm

xangelx wrote:
finneganm wrote:I bet the one on EBay goes for 8-900 bucks.
Doubt it. Mostly because it has a $175 buy it now. Same seller also has a stack of the other South Park commish for $40, literally a stack. Must have!
Ha Ha
I took that picture.
The only "stack" is a very small one in my flat file.
Most of what you read on the internet is not true....signed Abraham Lincoln
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Sorry, meant 8-9 bucks.
That's what she said
Creation88
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:50 pm

why?

i haven't seen south park in a while did they do an Avenger spoof? is this just to spoof the poster?
Nothing
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:02 pm

It's funny because it rips off someone's art while using ambiguous characters from South Park that reference nothing from the show while having no connection whatsoever to the subject.

This is a funny print indeed.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:14 pm

アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:17 pm

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
shredkeenan
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:54 pm

I don't have a philosophical problem with this poster. That said, it's just not a very well done parody. In my opinion, the main reason the characters don't look right is the eyes. The rotation of the ovals that make the eyeballs, and the pupil sizes are off for most of the characters. Also, the eyes should not be outlined in black. The artist even did the eye outline on his last South Park print, which I don't understand at all since the faces are printed in flesh-tone so there's no need to use a black line to define the eye. They would have had to get a bit more creative here since most of the faces are white, but it could be done. The eye shape and pupil size are such trivial, easy things to get right - unless it was done wrong intentionally for some reason, I have a hard time taking the artist seriously.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:01 pm

I've seen every ep of South Park, some multiple times, and I can't pick most of the characters on this poster. Are there four Cartmans?
not trying to slag it off, just honestly confused.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:09 pm

The joke is definitely stretched thin. But whatevs, so long as the people who bought in are happy.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:39 pm

MJGallicchio wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:
secondratehero wrote:Always a big fan of South park, but I think this would've made more sense if it was a parody of stouts avengers using the coon and friends characters. I dunno just my thoughts.
this.... would have made it 10000 times better, well that, and better renderings.
+1 on this^ sub.
some dreams may happen...or at least a variation of it.
selassielion
Art Expert

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:30 pm

shredkeenan wrote:I don't have a philosophical problem with this poster. That said, it's just not a very well done parody. In my opinion, the main reason the characters don't look right is the eyes. The rotation of the ovals that make the eyeballs, and the pupil sizes are off for most of the characters. Also, the eyes should not be outlined in black. The artist even did the eye outline on his last South Park print, which I don't understand at all since the faces are printed in flesh-tone so there's no need to use a black line to define the eye. They would have had to get a bit more creative here since most of the faces are white, but it could be done. The eye shape and pupil size are such trivial, easy things to get right - unless it was done wrong intentionally for some reason, I have a hard time taking the artist seriously.
This. All this. Really poor renderings of a pretty simple cartoon.
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
legallyvile
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:39 am

The Title Treatment should have been "The Offenders"
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:09 am

legallyvile wrote:The Title Treatment should have been "The Offenders"
legallyvile
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:14 am

cotis wrote:
legallyvile wrote:The Title Treatment should have been "The Offenders"
And this isn't because I was offended by the poster or art but rather because South Park is known to be offensive...at least that's what the word on the street it.

It just seems to me to have a parody it needs to be a full on parody including title.

To keep the same title, would be like Mel Brooks calling Space Balls: Star Wars.
PepsiPerfect
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:52 pm

What was the run size for this?