Bend Embrace 15 D*Face

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13971
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Doesn't seem like that would be caused by screen printing unless the screens were too small. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the process can weigh in though, I am certainly not an expert.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
bootstrut
Art Expert
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Kramerica wrote:Doesn't seem like that would be caused by screen printing unless the screens were too small. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the process can weigh in though, I am certainly not an expert.
I bet they used screens smaller than the paper size. The bottom edge doesn't have these marks probably because that's the only edge they trimmed.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25831
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:57 pm

bootstrut wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Doesn't seem like that would be caused by screen printing unless the screens were too small. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the process can weigh in though, I am certainly not an expert.
I bet they used screens smaller than the paper size. The bottom edge doesn't have these marks probably because that's the only edge they trimmed.
I think you're onto something. :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
bootstrut
Art Expert
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Here's a pic from ebay with the same marks:

Image
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22112
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:59 pm

can you see the number on the kraft despite the blurred number? :P
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
Jasper73
Art Expert
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:01 pm
Location: Preston England

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:04 pm

HippyChick wrote:No indentations on mine.

I had some waves on the left and right sides but a couple of days flattening seems to have done the trick. I think they might have been because of the kraft paper that was folded over on the sides inside the packaging.
Glad hear that. I read your thread on UAA. You seemed to on your own with that problem over there. :lol:
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53562
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:31 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:can you see the number on the kraft despite the blurred number? :P
Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8495
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:06 pm

bootstrut wrote:Here's a pic from ebay with the same marks:

Image

That looks as if a white background was printed through the screen. That doesn't look like a 'too small screen.'
User avatar
wottagunn
Art Expert
Posts: 5500
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Near Melbourne

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:12 pm

I don't know what it is, but it looks pretty terrible.
Very noticeable in that photo.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22112
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:14 pm

yeah that would bother me.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
bootstrut
Art Expert
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:27 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:That looks as if a white background was printed through the screen. That doesn't look like a 'too small screen.'
Go back a page and check out the photos I posted. Definitely no printed white background. The paper color/texture is consistent across the print.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53562
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:28 pm

#amateurhour
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13971
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:42 pm

wottagunn wrote:I don't know what it is, but it looks pretty terrible.
Very noticeable in that photo.
Yup.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
dafunk
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:58 pm

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:51 pm

wottagunn wrote:I don't know what it is, but it looks pretty terrible.
Very noticeable in that photo.
User avatar
qp9
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:16 am

just tell yourself they're standing in a doorway, or you're looking through one.
Post Reply