Foundation 15 Geddes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:57 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Foundation 15 Geddes

automator
Nobody

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:58 pm

New image Foundation 15 Geddes

automator
Nobody

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:59 pm

automator
Nobody

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:00 pm

Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Question: does Mr. Geddes usually sign in the image or in the border? I've noticed that there's a bit of both on his past giclees, right? I'd like mine signed in the image so I can frame out the border. Also, accepting suggestions for framing ideas. I don't think black or white is gonna cut it.
technique
Art Expert

Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:Question: does Mr. Geddes usually sign in the image or in the border? I've noticed that there's a bit of both on his past giclees, right? I'd like mine signed in the image so I can frame out the border. Also, accepting suggestions for framing ideas. I don't think black or white is gonna cut it.
If you pay with paypal in the note field you can specify if you want it signed in image area or border. I would assume you can just email
jez@jeremygeddesart and tell them how you want it as well.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:44 pm

Hey jrsheppa, I notice you already have this in your ISO. Are you really pessimistic about missing a timed release? :P
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
felocin
Art Expert

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:02 am

technique wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:Question: does Mr. Geddes usually sign in the image or in the border? I've noticed that there's a bit of both on his past giclees, right? I'd like mine signed in the image so I can frame out the border. Also, accepting suggestions for framing ideas. I don't think black or white is gonna cut it.
If you pay with paypal in the note field you can specify if you want it signed in image area or border. I would assume you can just email
Ive had him sign the image several times and prefer it that way but may skip it this time and just mat over the signature. The image is very... soft for lack of a better description and the dark signature in the image may throw the whole thing off for me. But then again is only pencil...
MengFong93
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:58 pm

This might be my first astronaut.
jkw3000 wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:What happened to this print? Everyone is selling it.
bikewrecked wrote:Everyone realized they didn't want to hang a poster of Javier Bardem in a bowlcut on their wall.
Newbie collector in Training.
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:59 pm

MengFong93 wrote:This might be my first cosmonaut.
Fixed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:07 pm

Anyone know if there is a specific symbolism at work here? Life after death? I'm not typically a fan of skulls in my artwork, but this piece intrigues me. Not sure I've seen a skull in any of Jeremy's work before.
THC x 3
felocin
Art Expert

Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:27 pm

jcbudny wrote:Anyone know if there is a specific symbolism at work here? Life after death? I'm not typically a fan of skulls in my artwork, but this piece intrigues me. Not sure I've seen a skull in any of Jeremy's work before.
Touch my Ginko, and I will end you.
MengFong93
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:41 am

rubberneck wrote:
MengFong93 wrote:This might be my first cosmonaut.
Fixed
Thanks, I had astronauts in my mind because cosmonaut is the Russian equivalent...
jkw3000 wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:What happened to this print? Everyone is selling it.
bikewrecked wrote:Everyone realized they didn't want to hang a poster of Javier Bardem in a bowlcut on their wall.
Newbie collector in Training.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:48 pm

technique wrote:If you pay with paypal in the note field you can specify if you want it signed in image area or border. I would assume you can just email
felocin wrote:Ive had him sign the image several times and prefer it that way but may skip it this time and just mat over the signature. The image is very... soft for lack of a better description and the dark signature in the image may throw the whole thing off for me. But then again is only pencil...
Thanks for the advice guys. If you mat over a pencil sig, will it rub lead off the print over time?
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:51 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
technique wrote:If you pay with paypal in the note field you can specify if you want it signed in image area or border. I would assume you can just email
felocin wrote:Ive had him sign the image several times and prefer it that way but may skip it this time and just mat over the signature. The image is very... soft for lack of a better description and the dark signature in the image may throw the whole thing off for me. But then again is only pencil...
Thanks for the advice guys. If you mat over a pencil sig, will it rub lead off the print over time?
Not if you have a good framer, they will use spacers, so that the mat does not actually come in contact with the print.