Foundation 15 Geddes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
golobulus
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:47 pm

jcbudny wrote:Anyone know if there is a specific symbolism at work here? Life after death? I'm not typically a fan of skulls in my artwork, but this piece intrigues me. Not sure I've seen a skull in any of Jeremy's work before.
I was wondering the same thing. Looks like he's dropping the skull and reaching for the plant... don't get it yet. No skulls on my walls either.
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:49 pm

golobulus wrote:
jcbudny wrote:Anyone know if there is a specific symbolism at work here? Life after death? I'm not typically a fan of skulls in my artwork, but this piece intrigues me. Not sure I've seen a skull in any of Jeremy's work before.
I was wondering the same thing. Looks like he's dropping the skull and reaching for the plant... don't get it yet. No skulls on my walls either.
Could be the skull representing dark/depression/death toughts which he is letting go to grasp more bright ideas and embrace life ?
golobulus
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:20 pm

IronBott wrote:
golobulus wrote:
Could be the skull representing dark/depression/death toughts which he is letting go to grasp more bright ideas and embrace life ?
oh ya, that makes sense
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:31 am

Nice to see someone on eBay already trying to flip a timed print, that hasn't even happened yet. /sarcasm
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:39 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Nice to see someone on eBay already trying to flip a timed print, that hasn't even happened yet. /sarcasm
Probably just confident in his bot
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
idlerover
New User

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 am

RambosRemodeler wrote: Probably just confident in his bot
Lol! :clap:

It would take seriously terrible bot to fail :D
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:23 pm

golobulus wrote:
Wife and I looked at this one last time last night to try and decide if we wanted to purchase, we both decided the skull kills it for us. Take that out and this would be on the wall next to Ascent in a heartbeat. I just don't have one iota of "gothic" in me, skulls are blah.

Jeremy, how about a non skull variant lol?
THC x 3
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:37 pm

jcbudny wrote:
golobulus wrote:
Wife and I looked at this one last time last night to try and decide if we wanted to purchase, we both decided the skull kills it for us. Take that out and this would be on the wall next to Ascent in a heartbeat. I just don't have one iota of "gothic" in me, skulls are blah.

Alas, poor Yorick.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:40 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Nice to see someone on eBay already trying to flip a timed print, that hasn't even happened yet. /sarcasm
Douchebags gonna be douchey
mattkardish
Art Expert

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:50 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:
jcbudny wrote:
golobulus wrote:

Alas, poor Yorick.
3 kills with the oddball melee in a halo ranked match...
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Skulls have always played an important role in artistic imagery. They remind us that life is short but that some parts of us endure on long after we pass. Not sure it has anything to do with being "goth."
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 pm

+1
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Hasn't been released yet has it?
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:39 pm

downforcemedia wrote:Hasn't been released yet has it?
Yes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 am

rubberneck wrote:
downforcemedia wrote:Hasn't been released yet has it?
Yes.