Delicate Balance 15 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:02 am

TGT.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
punch
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:19 am

I just hope Sheps print donates to my personal paypal charity.
PDC
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:26 am

davidpesek wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Why on earth should he make less money on a release because he is giving some to charity?

he isn't giving any to charity... he raised prices so that the % going to charity doesn't effect his usual take from a print drop. net-net, he ends up on top the margin on 50 extra prints
How do you know he isn't raising the price in order to donate more to charity than just the amount he is adding to the price of the prints?
Dubflakes
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:36 am

davidpesek wrote:
Kramerica wrote:No, you just make a poor argument about why he is a hypocrite. Criticizing someone for being greedy while admitting to flipping their prints is pretty classic though. Kudos for trying to pull that off.
I never claimed to not be greedy, I am. But at least I don't try to portray myself otherwise.
Unless you know the exact percentage going to charity (I'll answer this for you)(You don't) you are talking out of your ass.
Would you call him a hypocrite if he was charging $45 and giving 5% to charity? How about if he raised his prices to $60 and gave 50% to charity?

You're just pointlessly speculating and throwing feces. I'm not going to say he's good or bad, but I sure as fudge wouldn't just make numbers up in my head to smear someone's name.
Last edited by Dubflakes on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:36 am

Pretty hard to argue that one of the today's most recognized artists who typically sells his work for under 50 bucks when he could easily sell out at double that is greedy.
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:56 am

The proper wording for charity sales - "all profits go to...." - not a portion

Fairey stuff has seemed to lose all eye appeal since he lost his one artist. He is doing a lot of recycling lately.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:13 am

Weird how a noob knows EVERYTHING about Shep's finances.... Jackass.
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:46 am

Who gives a fudge?
If that is all people have to say about the piece in the "art comments" section, well fudge...

I am still on the fence about it personally. If I am around at the drop, I will probably grab one.

EDIT:
turnJBup wrote:Weird how a noob knows EVERYTHING about Shep's finances.... Jackass.
or an alt :lol:
Also, a noob here does not mean a noob
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:54 am

This idiot just pm'ed me... :lol:

You have already ruined this thread with your bs.
Post your nonsense here unless you want to lose your account. :wink:
davidpesek
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:59 am

turnJBup wrote:This idiot just pm'ed me... :lol:

fine, didn't want to create more unnecessary posts here but if you want me to call you out here that's fine. just because I just found this forum earlier in the year does not make me a noob. don't make foolish assumptions. I've been collecting for years.

God forbid I have negative words towards the almighty Fairey. didn't know everyone would be so butthurt about it
taylorph
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:40 am

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
unbroken1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:29 am

davidpesek wrote: don't make foolish assumptions.
this part made me chuckle
maden
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:38 am

Marlon Brando sure comes off like a bitch in this thread.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:14 am

unbroken1 wrote:
davidpesek wrote: don't make foolish assumptions.
this part made me chuckle
Yep.
davidpesek wrote:

fine, didn't want to create more unnecessary posts here but if you want me to call you out here that's fine. just because I just found this forum earlier in the year does not make me a noob. don't make foolish assumptions. I've been collecting for years.

God forbid I have negative words towards the almighty Fairey. didn't know everyone would be so butthurt about it

choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 am

davidpesek wrote:

Yeah but you don't have a valid point. You are saying his greedy but you are really just salty because he is successful. Week in week out you can get an 18 x 24 silkscreen by one of the most recognizable artists today that is generally gobbled up at 2x what he asks immediately. Meanwhile unestablished artists asking much and not selling their prints as fundraisers.