Delicate Balance 15 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:28 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Delicate Balance 15 Fairey

davidpesek
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:28 pm

charity print? better raise prices. God forbid he cuts his own profits.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Love it. :clap:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
mindtrick33
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:06 pm

davidpesek wrote:charity print? better raise prices. God forbid he cuts his own profits.

I agree, always thought it was lame that we are actually donating to the charity.

Where is my tax write off!
Good luck on future drops
lazk
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 pm

mindtrick33 wrote:
davidpesek wrote:charity print? better raise prices. God forbid he cuts his own profits.

I agree, always thought it was lame that we are actually donating to the charity.

keyword - "portions"
T.K.C.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Coincidence or not, the timing of this release is poor. This release should have been shelved.
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
davidpesek
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:19 pm

lazk wrote:
mindtrick33 wrote:

keyword - "portions"

portions meaning: "hey y'all pay extra and I'll still make the same. I pretend to be anti-greed, anti-Capitalism, yet I'm the epitome of it."

I have nothing wrong with making money, but this guy is the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:31 pm

the critiques of those doing something charitable always make me laugh. i would make sure that my "charity karma" meter was overflowing with immeasurable kindness before I started talking fudge about someone else's goodwill.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
davidpesek
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:37 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:the critiques of those doing something charitable always make me laugh. i would make sure that my "charity karma" meter was overflowing with immeasurable kindness before I started talking fudge about someone else's goodwill.

Ha, "doing something charitable" "goodwill"

I donate to charity. Shep raises prices and pretends he is.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:42 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:the critiques of those doing something charitable always make me laugh. i would make sure that my "charity karma" meter was overflowing with immeasurable kindness before I started talking fudge about someone else's goodwill.
Seriously. Ignorant cynicism. I put those comments alongside comments by people who complain about others flipping charity prints. As long as the print sold out from source, flipping it has ZERO effect on how much was given to the charity.

And I supposed I understand the feeling that this release and the installation in Paris maybe should have been delayed or changed. But the rhetoric we all hear from the powers is that we just have to keep on living our lives. Climate change is still a very real, if not immediate, threat to our world. It's lame that U2 postponed their concert; it would have been lame if Shep postponed/changed that installation or this print release. drymount the terrorists.
davidpesek
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:45 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Seriously. Ignorant cynicism. I put those comments alongside comments by people who complain about others flipping charity prints. As long as the print sold out from source, flipping it has ZERO effect on how much was given to the charity.

And I supposed I understand the feeling that this release and the installation in Paris maybe should have been delayed or changed. But the rhetoric we all hear from the powers is that we just have to keep on living our lives. Climate change is still a very real, if not immediate, threat to our world. It's lame that U2 postponed their concert; it would have been lame if Shep postponed/changed that installation or this print release. drymount the terrorists.

I have no complaints about flipping, I plan to flip it myself. and I have no issues with the timing.
My complaint is his hypocrisy. Always pushing out anti-greed posters yet has to raise prices so his bankroll isn't affected.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Why on earth should he make less money on a release because he is giving some to charity?
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:09 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Why on earth should he make less money on a release because he is giving some to charity?

Because, what is "HE" really giving then? Nothing, but other's money, which is noble within itself, but we don't know if 'HE" is really giving anything.
hakson
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:11 pm

Mehhh pass. I'll donate separately.
Dumb people makes life interesting
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:47 pm

PLUSH wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Why on earth should he make less money on a release because he is giving some to charity?

Because, what is "HE" really giving then? Nothing, but other's money, which is noble within itself, but we don't know if 'HE" is really giving anything.
do you criticize the Red Cross or the United Way or Habitat for organizing an action and directing other's money? what are "THEY" really giving?

if it weren't for his efforts, much of the money donated would most likely not have been donated in the first place, because let's face it, humans are greedy and people are much more willing to give when they get something out of it. so instead of taking cheap shots behind a computer screen, hopefully you have put your money where your mouth is and already donated to a good cause.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!