Siren 15 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 127819
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:06 am

New image Siren 15 Sperry - Black
Edition of 2

Image
rubiconac
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:19 am

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:37 pm

I bet this this print goes for 3k plus. Love the black
User avatar
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 473
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: Oakland, CA

Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Yes. The black really enriches this print.
jtravisa
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:29 am

Agreed, black is killer, I think the background is given more emphases or is bolder as well. Definitely a nice print, and a step up from the original and the first set of variants. Already Past $3k, might make a run at $5K. Very cool but at $3K (or even $2k) there might be some other Sperry's I'd pursue instead. Given the success of this one I hope Chuck roles out a Blue Linen and maybe a couple of other variants (Maybe Gold Foil, Parchment, something of that ilk), and hopefully more than two =)... Obviously it's great that the money goes to a good cause (and good on Chuck for putting his work to good causes) but I'll go to my grave thinking if I was going after this thing I wouldn't tip my hand by bidding so damn early. Why show your competition (and I mean real competition, not the pretenders) how badly you want the thing so early? Oh well, not in my neighborhood anyway, should be interesting. Short of the Gold Dylan this might set a new record for a Sperry... Pretty awesome though, year after year Chuck just keeps dropping really gorgeous stuff. What a body of work.
User avatar
cchang
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 am

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:09 am

jtravisa wrote:Agreed, black is killer, I think the background is given more emphases or is bolder as well. Definitely a nice print, and a step up from the original and the first set of variants. Already Past $3k, might make a run at $5K. Very cool but at $3K (or even $2k) there might be some other Sperry's I'd pursue instead. Given the success of this one I hope Chuck roles out a Blue Linen and maybe a couple of other variants (Maybe Gold Foil, Parchment, something of that ilk), and hopefully more than two =)... Obviously it's great that the money goes to a good cause (and good on Chuck for putting his work to good causes) but I'll go to my grave thinking if I was going after this thing I wouldn't tip my hand by bidding so damn early. Why show your competition (and I mean real competition, not the pretenders) how badly you want the thing so early? Oh well, not in my neighborhood anyway, should be interesting. Short of the Gold Dylan this might set a new record for a Sperry... Pretty awesome though, year after year Chuck just keeps dropping really gorgeous stuff. What a body of work.
I'd be way surprised if this past his Dylan. I think that is a cut above, but cannot agree with you more on your take with the black. For a print that was not universally drooled upon, the black version is surely a sleeper pick of 2015.
User avatar
cchang
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 am

Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:57 pm

cchang wrote:
jtravisa wrote:Agreed, black is killer, I think the background is given more emphases or is bolder as well. Definitely a nice print, and a step up from the original and the first set of variants. Already Past $3k, might make a run at $5K. Very cool but at $3K (or even $2k) there might be some other Sperry's I'd pursue instead. Given the success of this one I hope Chuck roles out a Blue Linen and maybe a couple of other variants (Maybe Gold Foil, Parchment, something of that ilk), and hopefully more than two =)... Obviously it's great that the money goes to a good cause (and good on Chuck for putting his work to good causes) but I'll go to my grave thinking if I was going after this thing I wouldn't tip my hand by bidding so damn early. Why show your competition (and I mean real competition, not the pretenders) how badly you want the thing so early? Oh well, not in my neighborhood anyway, should be interesting. Short of the Gold Dylan this might set a new record for a Sperry... Pretty awesome though, year after year Chuck just keeps dropping really gorgeous stuff. What a body of work.
I'd be way surprised if this past his Dylan. I think that is a cut above, but cannot agree with you more on your take with the black. For a print that was not universally drooled upon, the black version is surely a sleeper pick of 2015.
I take that back. It's at 5K now. What do I know?!?
jtravisa
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:30 am

Yeah, I was blown away, I saw the $5k too... It looked like a third person got involved. At that point I was thinking the skys the limit and money isn't going to be an object... It's weird though because now the bid is back to $1,600. I wonder if Chuck's print broke Ebay! =)
jtravisa
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Unfortunately, it looks like some jokers jumped in with fake bids and then retracted. Likely trying to F' with someone in particular they knew would pay anything for it. Now the pricing is all screwed up and you don't even know if you're bidding against real bidders that even want the print at that level. Even still, you can see some of the bidders have zero or very low feedback. I get that people are trying to screw with the guy, but it is a charity auction, PangeaSeed doesn't deserve to get caught in the crossfire... Cool print hope we see some other variants.
User avatar
cchang
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 am

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:17 pm

jtravisa wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like some jokers jumped in with fake bids and then retracted. Likely trying to F' with someone in particular they knew would pay anything for it. Now the pricing is all screwed up and you don't even know if you're bidding against real bidders that even want the print at that level. Even still, you can see some of the bidders have zero or very low feedback. I get that people are trying to screw with the guy, but it is a charity auction, PangeaSeed doesn't deserve to get caught in the crossfire... Cool print hope we see some other variants.
Ah, so I'm back to actually knowing something.. :-) (doubt it though)

On a more serious note, that is unfortunate. Nobody needs fake bids while trying to do a charitable thing. I got my confirmation that my regular shipped and am very excited to see this in person.
User avatar
bombaguy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:39 am

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:54 pm

sometimes I wish the variety would've been a regular run. especially on this. This has to be the most beautiful of any variant I have ever seen imo.
Jacobsdad
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:40 pm

There's a Mirror foil sale in the Reg. How does that get fixed?
MooseThompson
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:07 pm

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Jacobsdad wrote:There's a Mirror foil sale in the Reg. How does that get fixed?
Wondering the same thing. Throwing the numbers way off.
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 9826
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:21 pm

I moved it, thanks for pointing that out. in the future you can post stuff like this in the corrections thread to ensure we see it - http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 8&t=108718
automator
Nobody
Posts: 127819
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:20 pm

New image Color Test


Image
Post Reply