Adrift 15 Jean

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:54 pm

need to resist.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:Now we just gotta figure out who's gonna loan us money to frame this behemoth...
Haha, right? That's going to be a healthy framing bill.
So it goes...
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:00 pm

Hey, if Faith picks one up, I had better follow suit. ;)

A bit surprised that I got hit with sales tax. Come to find that James incorporated in California but runs his studio in Colorado. Go figure. So my total was $227.61 after tax and shipping.

This will be worth every penny.
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:02 pm

downforcemedia wrote:Hey, if Faith picks one up, I had better follow suit. ;)

A bit surprised that I got hit with sales tax. Come to find that James incorporated in California but runs his studio in Colorado. Go figure. So my total was $227.61 after tax and shipping.

:cheers:
So it goes...
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:47 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:Good choice! So glad this became a print. Now we just gotta figure out who's gonna loan us money to frame this behemoth...
Thumb tacks tho
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 am

Cragars wrote:
Diabolos80 wrote:Good choice! So glad this became a print. Now we just gotta figure out who's gonna loan us money to frame this behemoth...
Thumb tacks tho
That was my idea for that huge MBW cop car! Nobody bit though.
LadyGanglia
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:56 am

Cragars wrote:
Thumb tacks tho

Nahhh... staples, backwards :pint:
jodeci78
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:44 am

bluestskies wrote:I've been googling, but can't quite figure out what pigment based inks do differently than regular dye based inks as it seems the differences are minimal so just curious.
Pigment based inks have better fade resistance vs dye based inks due to the nature of the colourant. Pigment based inks are inks where the colourant is a solid mineral that was mined out of the ground, and ground up into a fine powder. Basically you're putting tiny minerals on top of the paper and they don't really go anywhere. Dye based inks are chemicals that slowly react,break-down and will fade over time.

Cheap inks use less colourants in the actual ink. That's why your instruction manual for your printer that says "always use GENUINE Canon inks." Because the cheaper refills are junk and the ink will fade in months. Same goes for the paste-type printing ink or acrylic/oil inks used in original artwork. The more expensive inks contain more pigments in their ink recipe, along with the other additives, solvents and vehicles.

I think the printer that Pressure Printing is using incorporates a wax type of inking system. Meaning the inks are solid blocks of coloured wax (in CMYK) which are then melted into a liquid as needed and then it gets sprayed onto the substrate just like a dye-based inkjet printer. OR the answer could be more simple in that high-end large format printers (Epson; HP) offer a more expensive ink set that offers an ink recipe using pigments vs standard at-home dyes.

I've seen giant barrels of ink being used on a 60" Epson printer. Yeah it prints 60" wide and almost infinity length on a variety of materials and they just used oil drums worth of ink.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:11 am

This looks amazing. Quite hard to resist
carljwiii
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:33 am

Couldnt resist. +1
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
pvecchi
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:46 am

downforcemedia wrote:Hey, if Faith picks one up, I had better follow suit. ;)

Pressure Printing is in Colorado
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:03 pm

^ That's what I should have said. ;)
Lies are a funny thing. They slip through your fingertips because they never happened to you. Time wounds all the heals as we fade out of view
downforcemedia
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Guesses on the final print run?
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:09 pm

downforcemedia wrote:Guesses on the final print run?
felocin
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:26 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:need to resist.