Heat 15 Domaradzki

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
Hellboy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 705
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:30 pm

One of my favorite films of all time. The print is nice but I'm not a fan of the diamond shaping all over it. I actually prefer the unused concept as well but would need some tweaking before I'd hang it.
User avatar
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:14 am
Location: Bay Area, CA

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:55 pm

It's been a looooong time coming (the art was finished back around April I believe), but it's finally at the home stretch, and well worth the wait. Can't wait to get mine.

Also, I'm glad we went with the landscape one. That vertical concept is neat, but ultimately too messy for me. Really love the parallel diamonds and reflections that ended up in the final.
Image
User avatar
SnakeEyes75
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:13 am

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:33 am

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:Still should have gone with this concept:
Image

I'll never understand how the lack of creativity in groupthink wins out over the artist's clear favorite concept.
Yes, I like the on they went with - but this is another level - would he have fleshed out the detail more if they chose this concept?
User avatar
3son
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:30 am
Location: Älvsyssel

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:03 am

I agree with some of the folks here that the concept piece would have been the better choice, though it still came out great! Congrats everyone.
User avatar
matowest
Art Expert
Posts: 4876
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 am

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:18 am

SnakeEyes75 wrote: would he have fleshed out the detail more if they chose this concept?
Almost certainly.
User avatar
dweebofthedead
Art Expert
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:25 am

matowest wrote: :clap: :clap:
AaronBKoontz wrote:love. Love. LOVE.
User avatar
Dario33
Art Expert
Posts: 2077
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: MSP

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:31 am

Great movie. I remember going to the theater to see it when it came out in 1995. For those curious, it was initially envisioned to be a TV show by Mann and there was a unsuccessful TV movie (LA Takedown). Different actors, smaller budget, but similar plot points. A curiosity if nothing else.

I try to watch Heat every couple years - it does stand the test of time.

But I digress, this poster is pretty damn good. Lucky to those that choose to get in on this commission.
User avatar
wmd
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: los angeles

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:37 pm

HERT. One of my ferves!!

:clap:

I keeed.
User avatar
WhirlWindBoy
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:36 pm

SnakeEyes75 wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:Still should have gone with this concept:
Image

I'll never understand how the lack of creativity in groupthink wins out over the artist's clear favorite concept.
Yes, I like the on they went with - but this is another level - would he have fleshed out the detail more if they chose this concept?
No, we we're told that that was the piece or the other one. It's easy to say the other concept would have been better if it had a couple of more key scenes in it, or some of the negative space used up, but that wasn't the case.
gigme
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Am I the only one disappointed that the closing scene where Al is holding De niro's hand as he dies is not part of this storyboard layout?
User avatar
luderico
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:42 am
Location: Germany

Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:52 am

Really dig the unused concept. But in the upper right corner, the Pacino double/face somthing thing looks weird. So i tried my luck.

Image

Created with paint ;).
LastKing
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:26 am
Location: nyc.

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Dario33 wrote:Great movie. I remember going to the theater to see it when it came out in 1995. For those curious, it was initially envisioned to be a TV show by Mann and there was a unsuccessful TV movie (LA Takedown). Different actors, smaller budget, but similar plot points. A curiosity if nothing else.

I try to watch Heat every couple years - it does stand the test of time.

But I digress, this poster is pretty damn good. Lucky to those that choose to get in on this commission.
How do people get into these (apologies if this is a really green question)?! I'm trying to search but not coming up with a lot...
Post Reply