Star Wars 15 Gabz

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:10 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:SOOO much better with extended sabers.
hax0n
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:13 pm

hax0n wrote:
Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:I don't have a problem with Gabz revisiting iconic images from posters past. I'm glad I got one poster to represent all 3 films and I'm glad the characters are in some of their best poses. It's pulpy, sure, but so is Star Wars. Love that yellow, too.
The point that many are missing here is this: if this poster was advertised/described as an homage and redux of infamous SW art put together as a singular homage, then great...I still wouldn't buy it personally but wouldn't say anything about folks purchasing and enjoying it. But they list this as a 'Gabz' poster, which is complete bullchit.
spiper64 wrote:What ever happened to enjoying a cool poster and not nit picking it for reasons just because you can.
Crazy, to critique art on an art forum, isn't it? And you thought it was just an online soapbox to talk about your spot in line...
spiper64 wrote: Right that's why it sold out in a second. It's the top 5 Star Wars screenprints ever. I am not even a Gabz fan but they are great. Leave it to the keyboard brigade to crap on things they don't like. They can't just keep it to themselves but rather spit vile things out and since they are the keepers of the art world. Have fun typing away as I admire me newly bought print.
Selling out = good?
Top 5 SW prints ever?
It's vile to push against this print?
Lols...enjoy your hack job.

-The Keyboard Brigade
buckbeak
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:41 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
buckbeak wrote:Image
Having the lightsabers cut off on the finished print kind of kills it for me. Even if he made Vader or Luke a bit smaller or away from that border to include them would've been better. I read that he just didn't like it, but does anyone know why he didn't like it.
His direct response to why on FB:

"Everything was intended. Lightsabres overlapping the border would make the composition rendered around triangle in the middle way too obvious in my opinion."
Thanks for the explanation. I think it still makes the composition triangled with or without the overlapping, but with it overlapped it feels more complete. o well -_-
Gandhi
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Critiquing is different than bitching about/shitting on a piece of art.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:45 pm

pjsteelerfan wrote:
hax0n wrote:
Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Gandhi wrote:Critiquing is different than bitching about/shitting on a piece of art.
No one is doing that. I provided a few of several source materials he 'pulled' from, which is about as critiquing as it gets.
Batbabe

Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:57 pm

So awesome one. Wish I had luck with the variant edition. But the time ed. rocks as well.
Thrillin
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:04 pm

1. Wonka wins. Argument over.
2. Top 5 SW prints ever? :lol: you day drunk?
3. The most important question : How many did George Lucas buy?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
elSalvador
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:28 pm

obvious illuminati triangle is obvious

can't fool me gabz

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
snowrs
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:31 pm

spiper64 wrote:
hax0n wrote:it's a piece of fudge and nobody likes this print cause its bad :lol:
Right that's why it sold out in a second. It's the top 5 Star Wars screenprints ever. I am not even a Gabz fan but they are great. Leave it to the keyboard brigade to crap on things they don't like. They can't just keep it to themselves but rather spit vile things out and since they are the keepers of the art world. Have fun typing away as I admire me newly bought print.

Ya so about this, not even close.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:35 pm

elSalvador wrote:obvious illuminati triangle is obvious

can't fool me gabz

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
:notworthy:
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
phips
Art Expert

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:14 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
Gandhi wrote:Critiquing is different than bitching about/shitting on a piece of art.
No one is doing that. I provided a few of several source materials he 'pulled' from, which is about as critiquing as it gets.
How do you know Lucasfilms didnt ask him to use past images? Not saying they did or didnt. Even if they didnt i dgaf.
Hardly anything is original anymore so whatever.
halfwasted
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Maybe they can still extend the sabers???

Try to blue extender pill???