Peace Bomber 08 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Catarax
Art Expert

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:50 pm

I doubt I'd still be a fan at that point... Actually, I'd be a fan.. I just wouldn't buy them anymore...
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
Bobby-B
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:09 pm

I still think that the majority of people that used the back door to purchase the prints couldn't even log onto the site to see if they were up for sale or not. And with his regular Tuesday at 12:00pm drop time it was the only way to have a fighting chance to load them in a Zen Cart and purchase them. People just assumed they went on sale and got drymounted by the site crashing. It's crazy to think that OG has not pondered this thought of why people did it this way in the first place. That's evident with the banning of "true fans".

It's funny how a shitload of other different prints were bought using this back door method before the peace bomber.

Sorry just my thoughts.

I wonder if anybody tried the back door again on Thursday and bought prints and were not caught!
starkiller
EB Team

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:13 pm

added a new image for set of 3 (red-black, black, gold). When/If the rumored Metropark Red edition comes out, we will add back the image that showed all 4 prints.
Catarax
Art Expert

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:49 pm

sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
whyhoo
Art Expert

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:17 am

Bobby-B wrote:I still think that the majority of people that used the back door to purchase the prints couldn't even log onto the site to see if they were up for sale or not. And with his regular Tuesday at 12:00pm drop time it was the only way to have a fighting chance to load them in a Zen Cart and purchase them. People just assumed they went on sale and got drymounted by the site crashing. It's crazy to think that OG has not pondered this thought of why people did it this way in the first place. That's evident with the banning of "true fans".

It's funny how a shitload of other different prints were bought using this back door method before the peace bomber.

Sorry just my thoughts.

I wonder if anybody tried the back door again on Thursday and bought prints and were not caught!
the "back door" is a perfectly valid way to buy prints. there's NOTHING WRONG with knowing the purchase flow and pushing your self through it to make a purchase on the site. it only became a problem when someone realized you could do it to buy a print that had not officially gone on sale. i contend every print in 07 could have been bought the same way. it's just that no one did it. or else they would have know about this bug already.

p.s. when i bought these prints on thursday, i used the same method that i have for the last year - the same one that caused all the ruckus tuesday... except that in previous situations, the print had actually gone up for sale already. as soon as you hear the word "it's up" you start pounding on that add to cart link. you don't need to see the product. you don't need to see your cart. all you need to see is paypal and that screen at OG with the elusive "confirm this order button". then the email shows up and you're all set.
Bobby-B
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:11 am

whyhoo wrote:
Bobby-B wrote:I still think that the majority of people that used the back door to purchase the prints couldn't even log onto the site to see if they were up for sale or not. And with his regular Tuesday at 12:00pm drop time it was the only way to have a fighting chance to load them in a Zen Cart and purchase them. People just assumed they went on sale and got drymounted by the site crashing. It's crazy to think that OG has not pondered this thought of why people did it this way in the first place. That's evident with the banning of "true fans".

Sorry just my thoughts.

the "back door" is a perfectly valid way to buy prints. there's NOTHING WRONG with knowing the purchase flow and pushing your self through it to make a purchase on the site. it only became a problem when someone realized you could do it to buy a print that had not officially gone on sale. i contend every print in 07 could have been bought the same way. it's just that no one did it. or else they would have know about this bug already.

p.s. when i bought these prints on thursday, i used the same method that i have for the last year - the same one that caused all the ruckus tuesday... except that in previous situations, the print had actually gone up for sale already. as soon as you hear the word "it's up" you start pounding on that add to cart link. you don't need to see the product. you don't need to see your cart. all you need to see is paypal and that screen at OG with the elusive "confirm this order button". then the email shows up and you're all set.
That's what I thought. I was also thinking it would be pretty hard to tell exactly how you entered the site to purchase the prints. Do you think some IT guy could figure it out or not? It's really funny that you used the method in check to acquire them.

Cheers
Scratch
Art Expert

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:39 am

some of you people might like some of the art on this site.

http://www.justseeds.com/
Imatruck
Art Expert

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:46 am

93 pages......seriously??
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:14 am

Imatruck wrote:93 pages......seriously??
Are you surprised by this?
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
db23
Art Expert

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:47 pm

shipping notifications sent today. i know this even though i was disqualified from purchasing.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Bobby-B wrote:
did somebody call me?

i purchased the same way on thursday. just used someone elses paypal. obey would have no idea whether you actually clicked the add to cart button, or if you typed in the link, the link that is activated by clicking on the button.

the only reason they figured it out from the tuesday is because that button was NEVER put on the item page. so obviously anyone and everyone that purchased one, had to have manually typed the link in, or copy pasted from one of the forums.

i mean i guess there might be some sort of way to check if your IP had looked or loaded other pages, namely the item page which contains the add to cart button. but do you really think they would check that fudge? i mean how much crap would you have to search through, say there was around 800 prints sold of these three editions, then add to the fact that 2000+ people probably attempted to get them. yea theyre not going to check that.
niconude
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:19 am

smarkoff wrote:shipping notifications sent today. i know this even though i was disqualified from purchasing.
Anyone received the notification? I got nothing so far....
I will swallow poison
untill I grow immune
my2hands
Art Expert

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:26 am

niconude wrote:
smarkoff wrote:shipping notifications sent today. i know this even though i was disqualified from purchasing.
Anyone received the notification? I got nothing so far....
nothing yet...
lukin321
Art Expert

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:40 am

I got my shipping notification last night. Should be here on Friday via UPS!
EB Team

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:05 am

not that the collection counter is scientific, but it's interesting to note that the black print is 31, the black-red is 29, and the gold is 5.

what's the deal with the gold? did nobody want it...or are they just not being added to EB collections? i guess we'll find out later this week when they're in folks hands if gold was a short print.