Goonies 15 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:45 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:
GiantBoyDective wrote:EBers gonna think a screening print will be turned into a open edition*

Sarcasm meter broken?

noo it's working just fineeeeeee
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
nutter97
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:00 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
spunkmonkey wrote:
I feel like Stout was pressured by all the cry babies who miss the drops and bitch and moan until they ruin it for everyone else who knows how to use a computer.
How exactly would a timed release, or an open edition for that matter, "ruin" it for you? Makes no sense unless you only care about resale value.
Oh good, this conversation again.
It never stops
yes I do care about resale values, I like when stuff trends and goes up in value, it makes me happy. I love that I got my Moss Star Wars set for $150. I rarely flip because I rarely buy anything that I don't like and wouldn't frame. But being a collector part of the game is getting in as early as possible. Its helpful in finding trades and selling stuff to buy other pieces. But very rarely do I buy something because I have dollar signs in my eyes, i buy it because i like the artist and the content says something to me,

And besides,the whole idea behind this website is tracking resale values. If they eliminated the sales tracking part of this site, most of those bonehead flippers would be clueless.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Meh, don't care on a personal purchase level but if Mondo's gonna put out another timed edition of anything, I can actually see this being it. But whatevs, will find out soon enough right...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:21 pm

They should random midnight drop this fudge just like the old days. Watch these nub Mondos really lose their fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
TheSub
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi, I am wondering if there has been any articles or discussions on this artist's use of heads in tight spaces. To me it is very reminiscent of Jablonowski (1700-1800 era German painter) who would stricly only paint heads and partial necks. Unlike Jablonowski this artist seems to paint other things, like torsos as well, but the similiarities are still striking, Jablonowski was also known to paint local performers without their permission! Funny little fact :P

In a letter Jablonowski wrote to a local paper in 1815, he described the use of his heads in tight spaces to be a metaphor for orgies, which is why Jablonowski was known for refusing to paint family portraits and group portraits of people he was close with for, "fear it would be a violation and a trespass in the eyes of the Lord" - I was wondering if perhaps this artist takes inspiration from him?

Any die hard fans know?
irishlastname
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:05 pm

TheSub wrote:Hi, I am wondering if there has been any articles or discussions on this artist's use of heads in tight spaces. To me it is very reminiscent of Jablonowski (1700-1800 era German painter) who would stricly only paint heads and partial necks. Unlike Jablonowski this artist seems to paint other things, like torsos as well, but the similiarities are still striking, Jablonowski was also known to paint local performers without their permission! Funny little fact :P

In a letter Jablonowski wrote to a local paper in 1815, he described the use of his heads in tight spaces to be a metaphor for orgies, which is why Jablonowski was known for refusing to paint family portraits and group portraits of people he was close with for, "fear it would be a violation and a trespass in the eyes of the Lord" - I was wondering if perhaps this artist takes inspiration from him?

Any die hard fans know?
I watch Die Hard at least a few times a year but I can't really help you here.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:34 pm

I'll never look at a stout the same again. Orgies?? Now we know why there's an octopus in the Goonies poster. Pffft.
uknowit
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:47 pm

cool print......loved this movie growing up....sloth love chunk
blingaling
Art Expert

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:51 pm

irishlastname wrote: I watch Die Hard at least a few times a year but I can't really help you here.
I like that part where John Diehard says "yippie-yay-yo motherhumper"
ImageImageImageImage
kcn0
Art Expert

Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:21 pm

Sell, sell, sell!

At least 3x more will hit the market in the next couple weeks.... Simple supply and demand people!! Sell now, buy a 1st edition later.

honestly, I really wish I owned this print
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
Daggermouth
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:15 pm

I really hope mondo drops this soon so we can quit talking about all this timed edition crap and let the but hurt begin.
dss111
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Is there anywhere else to get this beside the inevitable Mondo drop? Like NYCC?

Need this one in my life.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:33 pm

dss111 wrote:Is there anywhere else to get this beside the inevitable Mondo drop? Like NYCC?
eBay
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
mattkardish
Art Expert

Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:38 pm

if they wanna be ballers, they'll do a timed drop.
applehead
Art Expert

Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:45 pm

mattkardish wrote:if they wanna be ballers, they'll do a timed drop.
72 hours over thanksgiving weekend guestimates? i dont think it will come close to the olly moss batman timed edition, but who really knows. all pure speculation at this point. i'm looking forward to whatever they decide