Avengers: Age of Ultron 15 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:39 pm

This poster: the nexus of maximum anti-hype and butthurt. Which I understand, I think.

I'm a fan of the movie as I love the origin of the Vision, and the Vision as a character. Makes my inner 10-year-old Avengers comics nerd heart flutter. And I'm a fan of the print keeping the Vision at the center, and depicting Thor in a cool pose.

Whether it's worth hundreds over retail to own, I dunno, few things are. Perhaps a gallery will try to tweak the Mondo model for Captain America Civil War, and sell a $5K OG, release a run of 2 or 3 hundred super-variant-20-color screenprints, and publish the regular as a $20 open litho available at Walmart and Target.

Whatever Tyler Stout tries to do, some subset of collectors is going to be unhappy.
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
steelbooklover
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Really disappointed I missed out, thought tomorrow was oct 1 for some reason. Ultimately not too worried about it. I have the manev print from HCG for this one and I honestly think it's the better piece. Most of stouts work is a bit busy for my taste. If I ever tried to pick up something of his aftermarket it would GotG or the first avengers.
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:07 pm

Congrats to those who got one, & plan on keeping it :clap:
Common sense, is not that common
Count
Art Expert

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:06 pm

For those who missed and are ISO, keep calm and wait for the lotto. If Tyler has the same deal as he did with Mondo, there should be more flooding the market in the near future.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:34 pm

Count wrote:For those who missed and are ISO, keep calm and wait for the lotto. If Tyler has the same deal as he did with Mondo, there should be more flooding the market in the near future.

What's this e-mail lotto? Can anyone just sign up? Sorry for the noobness. This hobby is damn hard to crack. I never needed a drymounting Twitter account to keep up with any other collectible hobbies I've had. Trying to score art is probably the most work I've ever put into a collection. Three months in and I'm burning out already. fudge's intense man.

And why does sh*t=fudge? Are there really ten year olds on here trying to get Stouts on a drop?
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
Count wrote:For those who missed and are ISO, keep calm and wait for the lotto. If Tyler has the same deal as he did with Mondo, there should be more flooding the market in the near future.

What's this e-mail lotto? Can anyone just sign up? Sorry for the noobness. This hobby is damn hard to crack. I never needed a drymounting Twitter account to keep up with any other collectible hobbies I've had. Trying to score art is probably the most work I've ever put into a collection. Three months in and I'm burning out already. fudge's intense man.

And why does sh*t=fudge? Are there really ten year olds on here trying to get Stouts on a drop?
Mentality-wise, yes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:00 am

Actually I take back that bit about more effort for collecting art. Steelbooks. That industry is a mess. Three versions of two editions of four Hong Kong exclusives and whatnot. Ain't nobody got time for that. I'll get my steel from Best Buy yessir. Oh wait, do I want the Vision or the Ultron version...

Anybody remember early 90s comics? Not if you're sane you don't.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:04 am

Can't we just hope that everyone that got one and sold it will die of Ebola?
?
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:15 am

PLUSH wrote:
Can't we just hope that everyone that got one and sold it will die of Ebola?
?
<Hijack!> Nope. Unless he's a bot, he just got lucky and I didn't. So what if we wanted it for different reasons, it didn't matter when we both hit refresh. Now, if he wants to sell it to some unlucky dude (me), well then. How else am I gonna get it? I love flippers. I'll pay $100 and skip the hassle. If I don't have the patience, the luck, or the money, then I don't have the fudge.

Case in point: I really hated this drop. So intensely, I thought, I must reaaaaally want this print. But guess what? Turns out, I only wanted it if it could be had for $60. I don't want it at $250. But I might want Stout's next. Especially if it's Goonies. I'm not asking for a PB, but I hope it flips :pint:
mattkardish
Art Expert

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:54 am

my motto: drymount lotto, i'll get the seven digits from ya mother for a dollar tomorrow!

edit: I didn't score one
VoodooD2
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Daggermouth wrote:
VoodooD2 wrote:Yeah this'll be Drive all over again. Maybe a slight boost since it has a picture of Robert Downey on it but otherwise these should be affordable in the near future.
Really Robert Downey jr?
I was implying Marvel. Basically its an Iron Man jerkoff bonus=Extra hype points.
VoodooD2
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:25 pm

tenaciousjack wrote:This will be a somewhat sought after print due to the fact it's Marvel and Stout. Iron Man 2 was crap, but the reg print still commands around $300.
Stay patient until Tyler does his lotto.
That print had half the run and is an earlier Mondo Release.
DonnieDDowntown
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:11 pm

what's the lottery and how do I sign up for it
Nothing
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:45 pm

DonnieDDowntown wrote:what's the lottery and how do I sign up for it
They should be selling tickets at the gas station down the street.
DonnieDDowntown
Art Enthusiast

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Nothing wrote:
DonnieDDowntown wrote:what's the lottery and how do I sign up for it
They should be selling tickets at the gas station down the street.

awesomeness is your girl still selling them :pint: