Pearl Jam New York 15 Ames

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:11 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
DickButt wrote:
We still feel, based on the overwhelming demand for the poster, that $250 is fair price for the Gold Poster, and will not be issuing discounts.
We estimate the print run to be less than three hundred, and maybe much less depending on cancellations.
Do they not understand that the "overwhelming demand" was directly caused by their "only a handful available" marketing? Put a gold variant, edition of 300, at $250/each in the shop and watch how fast it sells. It was a fair price for the product offered, not the product it ended up being.
Why? If its just going to hang framed on your wall who cares?
Price matters if you want to sell it on ebay though :lol: :wink: amiright?
Yea this is totally about eBay and not at all about logic.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:15 pm

DickButt wrote:
Yea this is totally about eBay and not at all about logic.
I think its about PJ sticking it to the flippers and the flippers being butt hurt.
But that's just me....
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Aaaaa drymount. PM fail.... I sent it direct rather than posting!

Good ol' CodeBluelightspecial up to the same ol song and dance....

Keeping it childish for 11 years and 40,000 posts of garbage. Great job. You should be so proud with all you add to the site!!!

If you post please keep it down to one word like usual. That way you can't talk about fudge you have no drymounting clue about.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:53 pm

TGT.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Dear Mr. Klausen....

Please come in here and just post....

Oof

I believe we have found one of the few individuals who bought your over priced South America print!

Only reason ol Blue could be so butt hurt over this ordeal....
fredo
Art God

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:09 pm

The people doth protest too much.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Luls. We already covered that, but you've proven ya can't even properly use the site tools so it's not surprising that you're having trouble reading as well. I'm sure Mr. Klausen would love to retread this territory though. For the record, I've never owned that poster, nor would I ever want to. Stone had it right the first time by rejecting it.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Pdalowsky
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:00 pm

The Internet is always full of 'the big I am' who is desperate for attention. I see nothing new in this thread.

Nice to see BK pop this delightful poster back into his box, and spank his arse on the way back in. Still rather than back up on realizing he'd bitten off more than he could chew and spewed nothing but antagonistic bullshit he continues with the smart ass snidey remarks. That has all the hallmarks of classy.

Having dealt with Brad many times over the years - I only have extremely positive things to say about him. He's grounded, principalled, great morals and ethics and above all an extremely courteous and friendly guy to do business with. He is clearly very proud of his art and loves to create these pieces ... Which makes this moronic attack on his integrity pretty hard to swallow.

But getting it back to topic - the Ames episode is extremely bizarre. To state a handful initially then purposefully change it to 'limited' during the sale, withhold numbers on only this edition, claim immediately after to have accidentally sold too many ( but the other sales went down without glitch) making no mention of the editing of the description whilst it was up, to then remove from the site completely and a few days later to talk in % of orders rather than simply confirm a print run is just plain odd. I don't understand the secret, at least confirm the number and the number they intended and hence the amount the foundation will receive ... Let people have the facts and let them decide in view of that if they want to let go of $250....

The other thing being - $250 for a poster right off the bat? I'm all for artists benefitting rather then flippers but this new 'let's gorge' mentality is plainly an issue of greed at this stage and one that is pretty sad to see. The ones that lose out are the genuine fans who now pay exorbitant prices for a piece that is just a variant of a standard run who actually want it for themselves. In a way they are penalized for the actions of the flipping (seemingly ) majority

However with the cancellations being mentioned on every site this print may well end up as a handful !!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Bizarre? Odd? The word you're looking for is shady. It seems like these PJ superfans who are coming out of the wood work refuse to believe that anything related to their beloved could be shady.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:21 pm

Codeblue wrote:Bizarre? Odd? The word you're looking for is shady. It seems like these PJ superfans who are coming out of the wood work refuse to believe that anything related to their beloved could be shady.
I'm as big of a fan as they come, but Ames has always charged an arm and a leg for what are mostly lame posters. It's amazing that a company that can create some of the most iconic PJ prints can also just mail it in 85% of the time. They have some of the worst gig prints I've ever seen. Idk much about Ames being shady, but 10c it's pretty obvious they are in some aspects even though it's run way better than any other fan club I am in.

But yeah... Some PJ fans are batshit. I guess every band has their crazies.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:27 pm

DickButt wrote:
dropdoctor wrote:these pearl jam posters are always annoying anyways. who wants a screenprint with no edition size on it? oh wait. pearl jam fans do!
Yea silly us for wanting a poster for a show we went to as a souvenir. When it comes to concerts, I really don't give a fudge about edition size. I want it as a reminder of the show I attended.
This. Idc if there are 5k of them.... If it's nice it's going on my wall. And nobody cares about a sig either unless you are reselling.
Browntrout
EB Team

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:53 pm

63schoeffling wrote:
DickButt wrote:
dropdoctor wrote:these pearl jam posters are always annoying anyways. who wants a screenprint with no edition size on it? oh wait. pearl jam fans do!
Yea silly us for wanting a poster for a show we went to as a souvenir. When it comes to concerts, I really don't give a fudge about edition size. I want it as a reminder of the show I attended.
This. Idc if there are 5k of them.... If it's nice it's going on my wall. And nobody cares about a sig either unless you are reselling.
I just got off the phone with Volcom where the show editions were sold. He estimated they sold roughly 100 Transformers posters each day. So that would put the show edition at 400.
DickButt
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:23 pm

Browntrout wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
DickButt wrote:
I just got off the phone with Volcom where the show editions were sold. He estimated they sold roughly 100 Transformers posters each day. So that would put the show edition at 400.
The edition is probably close to 400 but their claims of 100/day is not true at all. Tuesday they sold 50. Wednesday and Thursday they had roughly 100 each day. Friday was less than 100 and Saturday they had 48.
morecoffee
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Loud noises!!!!
HopeThatUChoke
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:23 pm

So did anyone take them up on the refund offer?