Dr. Strange 08 Danger

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
thegig
Art Expert

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm still seein' the poo! :lol: You're missin' out brah!
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:52 pm

there you go
guryter
Art Expert

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:06 pm

morecoffee wrote:My poster arrived yesterday in perfect condition. It looks great.
Care was taken in its packaging.
It was shipped inside of a tube that seemed to equal the diameter of a telephone pole.
After I removed the poster I used the tube to drive some nails into a wall at home.
I re-taped one end this morning and used it as a travel mug during my work commute. My coffee stayed hot for the full 45 minute drive.
That=truth.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:21 pm

HA!
pj101ca
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:10 am

Mine arived in canada tonight. banged up as hell thanks to a piss poor packing job.
the kraft paper they rolled it in was about half the size of the poster. edge damaged up and down both sides of the poster.
It was rolled inside out, so the the poster was basically on the outside protecting the kraft paper.

F'ucking amateur hour at Gallery1988
thegig
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:18 am

pj101ca wrote:Mine arived in canada tonight. banged up as hell thanks to a piss poor packing job.
the kraft paper they rolled it in was about half the size of the poster. edge damaged up and down both sides of the poster.
It was rolled inside out, so the the poster was basically on the outside protecting the kraft paper.

F'ucking amateur hour at Gallery1988
f'uckin right.
ill
Art Expert

Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:59 am

They must have had different people packing these things... Mine was well protected and arrived in perfect condition, though it was rolled with the print side out.
Stingers
Art Expert

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:07 am

Mine arrived in the U.K with damage , same deal as the others mentioned . Kraft paper looks like it was literally ripped by hand and is too smal to cover the print . Solid tube but way too big for the print / lack of kraft inside to stay secure .

It's a shame as I love the print .
Not gonna complain too much as glad to have one , but gonna need to think about framing hard to cover the damage .
pj101ca
Art Expert

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:33 am

Stingers wrote:Mine arrived in the U.K with damage , same deal as the others mentioned . Kraft paper looks like it was literally ripped by hand and is too smal to cover the print . Solid tube but way too big for the print / lack of kraft inside to stay secure .

Not gonna complain too much as glad to have one , but gonna need to think about framing hard to cover the damage .
Get in touch with Gallery1988. They'll replace it
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:54 pm

pj101ca wrote:
Stingers wrote:Mine arrived in the U.K with damage , same deal as the others mentioned . Kraft paper looks like it was literally ripped by hand and is too smal to cover the print . Solid tube but way too big for the print / lack of kraft inside to stay secure .

Agreed. Got my replacement the other day. Perfect and better care in wrapping. By the way, I find prints rolled print side out flatten quicker.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:23 pm

Did someone really snag a mint copy of this below the original price?? Something's wrong with the auction if not, what a steal, if not, big time underrated by the collectors..

My opinion : this deserves to be reviewed a little more adequatly. So FYI :

This print is BIG. Dr. Strange appartment looks FAT & BIG. Details are rendered line by line by line with an attention to details and perspective that totally rules.

So what are the results of something that big with every line of it being precisely drawn by DD...??

Oh well, of course a print that is succesfully very atmospheric and realistic in terms of a fantastic/out of this world's mood (in the comic book spirit), which was btw DD's biggest challenge accepting this task to have a take at the legendary Stan Lee gigantic's vision... but even then, it's more than that. The print lives. It's alive. Seriously. Put this on your wall and there'll be something living on it forever. I may have to feed it.

The spirit of the comic book seems to be timeless. And I'm not a fan. But this makes me understand I guess. Just like Slater Neil Young totally took me into Cortez the killer at the first listen.

Timeless work. Genius on paper by DD. Very impressive...

DD's unrolling experience final result : blowed the expectations...
thegig
Art Expert

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:25 pm

tranito wrote:Did someone really snag a mint copy of this below the original price?? Something's wrong with the auction if not, what a steal, if not, big time underrated by the collectors..

My opinion : this deserves to be reviewed a little more adequatly.
We all miss 'em, sometimes.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:33 pm

thegig wrote:
tranito wrote:Did someone really snag a mint copy of this below the original price?? Something's wrong with the auction if not, what a steal, if not, big time underrated by the collectors..

My opinion : this deserves to be reviewed a little more adequatly.
We all miss 'em, sometimes.
..and that makes someone happy. A good way of spreading love in the community this time of year.. :)
Stingers
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:17 am

pj101ca wrote:

Thanks i'll do that .
jenga
Art Expert

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:22 am

Stingers wrote:
pj101ca wrote:

Thanks i'll do that .
Mine arrived exactly the same.. rolled in a scrap of paper and bounced around the tube. I would send it back in a smaller tube and include a photocopy of your postage receipt so they can refund you on that.