The Gilded Age 15 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
tourist504
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:54 pm

I just bought this and was very surprised to see they were still available. Am I a stupid man? Is there something about this release I don't know that is keeping folks from wanting to buy it? Is it not totally amazing and beautiful and HUGE and awesome?

Talk to me, Horkey fans!
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:57 pm

tourist504 wrote:I just bought this and was very surprised to see they were still available. Am I a stupid man? Is there something about this release I don't know that is keeping folks from wanting to buy it? Is it not totally amazing and beautiful and HUGE and awesome?

Talk to me, Horkey fans!
It's a great piece! The fact that it's for an event, may discourage some folks who care about only getting prints for events they attend themselves. But that never mattered to me when it comes to Aaron's work. The art is definitely on point.
So it goes...
tourist504
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:11 pm

mfaith wrote:
tourist504 wrote:I just bought this and was very surprised to see they were still available. Am I a stupid man? Is there something about this release I don't know that is keeping folks from wanting to buy it? Is it not totally amazing and beautiful and HUGE and awesome?

Talk to me, Horkey fans!
It's a great piece! The fact that it's for an event, may discourage some folks who care about only getting prints for events they attend themselves. But that never mattered to me when it comes to Aaron's work. The art is definitely on point.
I feel the same way. Still available, too. I'm baffled.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Stoked. Rolled home post-happy hour after a drymounting long, soulless week of work and promptly grabbed the Horkey & Andrews. As far as The Gilded Age and the whole show poster, I dig the design and you know Ben killed the print job, so I can't wait!

:dance:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
1000steps
Art Expert

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:08 am

Yep. When Aaron and Ben work together, good things always happen.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
geezer
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:56 am

Any idea when the show posters will ship?
hainshead
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:38 pm

mfaith wrote:

Talk to me, Horkey fans!
As usual I am waaaayyyyy late to a print drop and yet, it is still available. I am fine with folks not being so hot on show posters. It's the only way I can score a Horkey these days. :wink:
automator
Nobody

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:00 pm

New image The Gilded Age 15 Horkey

automator
Nobody

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:00 pm

New image The Gilded Age 15 Horkey - Detail

Flaymz
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:16 pm

Yep. Very nice print. Hard to see 10 colors, even in person.
I'm *clearly* not experienced enough.
Dat beatle doe.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:11 pm

I just noticed something new while looking at the variant. (I'm guessing it's probably the same on the regular. ) The wings have a totally different look depending on the angle. If it's catching the light, they look solid and shiny. From a different angle, they're more translucent and you see the text behind. It's a really interesting effect! What sorcery is this? :shock:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
yetibchill
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 08, 2016 1:21 pm

humboldt county sorcery