Protect Yourself 07 Orr

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:19 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Protect Yourself 07 Orr

iratasan
Flipper

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:21 pm

:rolling:

allright, before you start flaming:

his new vanilla girl print is amazing, but this print to me is pure :poo: .

actually a very talented guy, anybody visit his homepage.

i just looked at the tobey illustration and nearly wet myself, that guy is brilliant.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:24 pm

iratasan wrote::rolling:

i just looked at the tobey illustration and nearly wet myself, that guy is brilliant.
does he give you head, or why is your nose so far up his asshole?
iratasan
Flipper

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:31 pm

pjtaper wrote:

no worries, you give better head, but he is much cuter and has a better taste in music. :wink:
pjtaper
Art Freak

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 pm

iratasan wrote:
pjtaper wrote:

no worries, you give better head, but he is much cuter and has a better taste in music. :wink:
Sounds like you may have found the one... Did he have that Slater wood you loved so much so you snuck into his bedroom to get it?
Thank you and goodnight!
iratasan
Flipper

Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:34 pm

pjtaper wrote:
iratasan wrote:
pjtaper wrote:

Sounds like you may have found the one... Did he have that Slater wood you loved so much so you snuck into his bedroom to get it?
Thank you and goodnight!
slater? naaaaaah. no slater for me. i just sold my slater minsitry. he does fine stuff, but it's really not my cup of tea.
Sticks and stones bitches! Sticks and stones!!!
Imagine if we were all in a room and instead of typing, we were talking all this fudge to each other...
you know that i can kill grown men with my bare hands, don't you? :wink:
baxterpop
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:07 pm

probably why you (and others) might think it is poo is cause its super simple and its part of something bigger, I have put these up around the places I have lived with sayings and other designs attached to them where I have lived in IN, OH, and TX over the past few years. Quite a few local people know what its about but I can understand why someone might not like it as it is or understand it as it is pretty graphic and simple. The people who have purchased them have been very happy though.

Do you think the first few people who saw the Obey Giant icon thought wow that is amazing? Im not at all comparing myself to the brilliant shepard fairey but seriously think about it...

-Baxter
marcusgold
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:47 pm

I had the opportunity to meet Baxter after having learned he lived here in Austin. Always cool to meet local people in the scene. Emailed the guy up and asked if he wanted to hit up a show. Super cool guy and mad talented.

The "Protect Yourself" piece looks dope when framed. Will be picking up the "Vanilla Girl", as well. No fudge, have had nothing but compliments on the PY image.
db23
Art Expert

Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:04 pm

I love this guy's work so far. Great image on this one and vanilla girl is schweet! Keep it up man.
marcusgold
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:11 am

Seems the Vanilla Girl sold out in like a day. Saw one go for double original cost on the bay earlier this evening. Hear Elvis is next up!
iratasan
Flipper

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:28 am

baxterpop wrote:

probably why you (and others) might think it is poo is cause its super simple and its part of something bigger, I have put these up around the places I have lived with sayings and other designs attached to them where I have lived in IN, OH, and TX over the past few years. Quite a few local people know what its about but I can understand why someone might not like it as it is or understand it as it is pretty graphic and simple. The people who have purchased them have been very happy though.

Do you think the first few people who saw the Obey Giant icon thought wow that is amazing? Im not at all comparing myself to the brilliant shepard fairey but seriously think about it...

-Baxter
hey baxter,

first of all i want to thank you for the personal answer. i think it's cool that you participate in this board.

i have no problem with simple things and i don't have a problem with small things that are part of a big picture, not literally speaking. if that print is meant as some kind of inside joke then i respect that. on the other hand i would appreciate it if you'd respect my opinion that to me it is an ugly print. i am sure that the people who bought it are happy with it. it would be a weird thing if they'd bought it if they don't like the motif in the first place.
you are a very talented artist and your vanilla girl print is totally genious to me, but i should not therefor feel forced to like all of your works, or should i?

as you mentioned obey i have to say that i have the same attitude toward fairy's prints. most of them i totally disagree with while others i like a lot. when we want to comparison i think that your "vanilla girl" beats the fudge outta a lot prints that fairy did in the last months. on the other hand there are some fairy's that i'd prefer over some of your prints.

again, you are talented artist and i did not have in any way the intention of criticising your art in general. i just don't like this particular print. can't help it mate.

looking forward to seeing more from you. :D
baxterpop
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:44 pm

iratasan wrote: hey baxter,

first of all i want to thank you for the personal answer. i think it's cool that you participate in this board.

i have no problem with simple things and i don't have a problem with small things that are part of a big picture, not literally speaking. if that print is meant as some kind of inside joke then i respect that. on the other hand i would appreciate it if you'd respect my opinion that to me it is an ugly print. i am sure that the people who bought it are happy with it. it would be a weird thing if they'd bought it if they don't like the motif in the first place.
you are a very talented artist and your vanilla girl print is totally genious to me, but i should not therefor feel forced to like all of your works, or should i?

as you mentioned obey i have to say that i have the same attitude toward fairy's prints. most of them i totally disagree with while others i like a lot. when we want to comparison i think that your "vanilla girl" beats the fudge outta a lot prints that fairy did in the last months. on the other hand there are some fairy's that i'd prefer over some of your prints.

again, you are talented artist and i did not have in any way the intention of criticising your art in general. i just don't like this particular print. can't help it mate.

looking forward to seeing more from you. :D
no problem man, I didnt mean to disrespect your opinion at all, just wanted to let everyone know what it was about. I totally understand it if you dont like ALL my stuff cause I dont like ALL of the artists stuff that I collect. I did this illustration and the vanilla girl in 2003 so there is definitely a lot of room to grow as I continue to push myself.

Protect Yourself is all about defining the things the effect you, hurt you, enable you, etc. I have a lot of ideas floating around dealing with the masks. Here is one I am just finishing up:

Last edited by baxterpop on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djpubbs
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:19 am

was daniel danger your model for this?
iratasan wrote:a wise man once said "you know that you have a problem when you start hanging pictures at door knob height."
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:22 am

Protect yourself from the criminal incompetence at Wootini???

E
automator
Nobody

Sat May 15, 2021 10:45 am

New image Protect Yourself 07 Orr