The Lord Of The Rings: Good 15 Jaccob

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jools
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:29 pm

listerfeend wrote:AOTW :clap:

congrats jerks
and Frodo wept
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:09 pm

This print deserved art of the week for providing a thread that really delivered entertainment.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:27 pm

should be renamed to the razzy
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
jools
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Sorry I spelt fredo wrong
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:45 pm

jjttdw wrote:This print deserved art of the week for providing a thread that really delivered entertainment.
Have you been to the Oddcity thread lately? Bringing the luls! Think were in talks of a commemorative print for Roman so we can get that passed as AOTW as well! To be shipper in 2023 though...
jeffreyjonesbsme
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:24 pm

johanjaccob wrote:
kall wrote:
matowest wrote:
FinalKickstand wrote:I was one of the first to bash so it should be said the artist is going out of his way to make it right with the group. He's definitely stepping up. Kicking in with his share towards those who want a refund and a free 18 x 24 LOTR print in his style for those staying in.
Um...isn't this kinda the problem, tho?
It'll be an entirely new design I believe.
This exactly what I wrote in the group:

Hello,
I have read carefully all the comments on the EB thread (even the longest one ;-) )
I realize now that most of you liked my first sketch, and I feel very sad about that. On my side, I had really understood that lots of modifications were highly desirable, and that seeing a lot of characters on the poster was extremely important for you. So, when I started working on the GOOD poster, just after I came back from my band's tour, I directly inked with colors (without a new detailled sketch), in order to save time... and to be able to easily change the composition if needed. I had few negative comments about the composition, but I realize now it may partially have been because you thought I couldn't change the composition of an inked project.

... All this time, there were so much misanderstandings :-/

Here is the solution I suggest:

Most of you don't like the GOOD poster. It seems, most of the criticism is about likeness and colors.
Before I explained my side of the story, Jeffrey offered a partial refund (only the printing and the shipping cost). 7 members chose that option.
I don't wish to work on the line work of the GOOD poster anymore. I have already done the trapping, and I really don't feel like spending time on this poster. I feel that I've done the best I can do to solve the likeness problem. But colors can be modified.

Here's what I offer:

For people who voted to keep their posters, I will re-work the colors of the GOOD poster. I think if I choose colors that fit my style, I hope you will be happier with the results. I have never done a 10 color poster before and honestly think I can achieve a better look with 8 colors.
Printing 8 colors will cost less too.

I also am offering to completely draw a new 24*36 1-or-2 colors LOTR single poster and use my fee to pay for its printing.
I feel frustrated not to have been able to draw my own LOTR poster.
So in September, I will draw this poster without any suggestions from anyone, using with my own artistic style.
The set printing and the new poster printing will occur at the same time. Jeffrey will mail the new poster with your sets ordered. You will receive one new poster for each standard set ordered.

I also suggest that a portion of my fee be added to the 7 who requested partial refunds, making their refund larger.
Anyone who voted for a partial refund may change their mind. If you still wish for a partial refund, there are fixed costs in the whole process, so you can't expect a significant refund with this option. This is why I'm offering a portion of my fee to increase your refund (nonetheless, it will not be 100% refund).
Once the numbers have all been worked out, Jeffrey will facilitate any refunds.
The colors have been changed and have been uploaded to EB. They are awaiting approval.
Standard:
Most of what you read on the internet is not true....signed Abraham Lincoln
jeffreyjonesbsme
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Variant:
Most of what you read on the internet is not true....signed Abraham Lincoln
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:25 pm

iso like a posterkiller now!!!
fredo
Art God

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:28 pm

jools wrote:Sorry I spelt fredo wrong
Zing!

ps Jumanji is misspelled on the variant.
just a foil for me today, thanks
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:54 pm

ajmmck wrote:
jjttdw wrote:This print deserved art of the week for providing a thread that really delivered entertainment.
Have you been to the Oddcity thread lately? Bringing the luls! Think were in talks of a commemorative print for Roman so we can get that passed as AOTW as well! To be shipper in 2023 though...
Ok, someone has to point me to where the fun really starts in odd city. Ii read a few posts and it has real promise but i need to know where the real anger starts and i am too lazy to read from back to front.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:58 pm

This is a goddamn genius post wrote:Naming something an adjective automatically makes it take on the characteristics of that adjective.
That's what she said
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:02 pm

jjttdw wrote:
ajmmck wrote:
Ok, someone has to point me to where the fun really starts in odd city. Ii read a few posts and it has real promise but i need to know where the real anger starts and i am too lazy to read from back to front.
Yes someone please link us
I had a quick look and it seems like the anger has been going for 30 or so pages!
MoviePosterEmpire

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:16 pm

The color change makes all the difference. :hanging:
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:26 pm

All black inks on black paper might work...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
kyler4444
Art Expert

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:27 pm

rubberneck wrote:All black inks on black paper might work...

Always a comedian
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image