The Lord Of The Rings: Good 15 Jaccob

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:36 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Since when does Nic Cage play Aragorn?
NOT THE BEES!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:40 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
jeffreyjonesbsme wrote:I know you all don't care for these posters.
But show a little class or is that to much to expect on Expressobeans?
And yes... the artist is reading these comments too.
He should know that everyone is unhappy. Could there be more tact shown? Sure but it sounds like he was kind of an asshole to you guys so who cares.

Also when you submit something that looks it belongs in a highlights book, you should expect all the criticism you receive.
drymount you for insulting the good name of Highlights by associating it with this garbage.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:51 pm

:lol: :lol:

I actually thought that after I hit submit. Sorry :oops:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 pm

jeffreyjonesbsme wrote: But show a little class or is that to much to expect on Expressobeans?
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
TheGreatGazoo
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:22 pm

This is a comment section on the Internet. Come on now. At least we're not commenting "Gay" and "Go kill yourself."
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:24 pm

TheGreatGazoo wrote:
This is a comment section on the Internet. Come on now. At least we're not commenting "Gay" and "Go kill yourself."
Oh, go gay yourself, gazoo.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
TheGreatGazoo
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Last edited by TheGreatGazoo on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:26 pm

I went back and forth for a long time on whether I should comment or not and in the end my decision was based on the countless friends I've made here and not wanting them to go through the same. I tried to state I have no complaints as how it was run and I've honored the commitment.
ISO an avatar
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:28 pm

TheGreatGazoo wrote:

Indeed.

I guess sometimes, some members, just need to...remember where they are...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Oof.

I can't tell what the hell happened. Did he mail it in? Or does he just suck at likenesses. Composition is so flat it is comical. WTF is that random ditch over to the side? I don't know whether to cringe or laugh. The evil on wasn't this bad...

Really sorry for the commissioners cause this is pretty rough. Looks like a shitty kids coloring book (albeit properly colored). Sounds like the artist should stick to what he's good at. Bet he wishes he could take this one back...
lsmith55
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Kramerica wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
He should know that everyone is unhappy. Could there be more tact shown? Sure but it sounds like he was kind of an asshole to you guys so who cares.

Also when you submit something that looks it belongs in a highlights book, you should expect all the criticism you receive.
drymount you for insulting the good name of Highlights by associating it with this garbage.
Goofus and Gallant FTW.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
jal9000
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:12 pm

OMG this LotR private commission is amazing! I want to silk screen the image to my bed sheet so I can wrap myself in comedy gold every night!!!
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:21 pm

jools wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Also has there ever been a commission that has probably prevented future commissions with an artist? Can't imagine people are beating down his door after this. :shock:
Woulda thought this mighta done it, but hey AOTW, so what do i know :hanging:

And this is another commission that will rise to the top to be another AOTW winner!!
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Everyone gets so butthurt about AOTW. Y'all spent 0$ on this, you shouldn't be butthurt at all. I can only hope that it doesn't go to AOTW and dribbles into obscurity.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:35 pm

jal9000 wrote:OMG this LotR private commission is amazing! I want to silk screen the image to my bed sheet so I can wrap myself in comedy gold every night!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.