Natural Springs 15 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 125043
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:51 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Natural Springs 15 Fairey

Image
DreadNattyman
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:42 am

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:56 pm

want :drool:
mafurman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:51 pm

There is no way Shep did that hand by himself.
jk9203
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:11 am

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:28 pm

I've always wanted a Mila Kunis Obey print.
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12674
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:44 pm

mafurman wrote:There is no way Shep did that hand by himself.
jjbehren wrote:Whose hand is that holding the flower? It sure doesn't look like her's.
ImageImageImageImageImage
mafurman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 671
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:57 am

jjbehren wrote:
mafurman wrote:There is no way Shep did that hand by himself.
jjbehren wrote:Whose hand is that holding the flower? It sure doesn't look like her's.

I think he was so focused on trying to draw a realistic looking hand (and ultimately pleased with it) that he forgot to connect it to the body.
applehead
Art Expert
Posts: 2092
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:00 am

I don't see anything wrong with the hand, arm it's folded out of frame
User avatar
davidpesek
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:43 am

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:56 am

applehead wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the hand, arm it's folded out of frame
people hate on Fairey for no reason...like they're doing so much better
User avatar
jjbehren
Flipper
Posts: 12674
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:00 am

Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:10 pm

applehead wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the hand, arm it's folded out of frame
She looks like she's turning towards her left, looking over her right shoulder. But her left hand is somehow coming up from out of the frame from some appendage that's to the right of her body. Go to a mirror and try to do what she's doing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
davidpesek
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:43 am

Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:30 pm

jjbehren wrote:
applehead wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the hand, arm it's folded out of frame
She looks like she's turning towards her left, looking over her right shoulder. But her left hand is somehow coming up from out of the frame from some appendage that's to the right of her body. Go to a mirror and try to do what she's doing.

"turning towards her left, looking over her right shoulder" what?

she's looking to her right, over her right shoulder, and the left hand is in the shot. stop pretending there's anything wrong with the hand

I swear people make up these illusions in their head just because everyone else does. Shepard's hands look fine.
kushmeja
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 694
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:23 pm

davidpesek wrote:
jjbehren wrote:
applehead wrote:I don't see anything wrong with the hand, arm it's folded out of frame
She looks like she's turning towards her left, looking over her right shoulder. But her left hand is somehow coming up from out of the frame from some appendage that's to the right of her body. Go to a mirror and try to do what she's doing.

"turning towards her left, looking over her right shoulder" what?

she's looking to her right, over her right shoulder, and the left hand is in the shot. stop pretending there's anything wrong with the hand

I swear people make up these illusions in their head just because everyone else does. Shepard's hands look fine.
I have to agree. Hand looks fine to me. It's not a typical pose, but it looks accurate.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8162
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:27 pm

Hand looks fine, it's just that nothing he has done in a long time interests me. But good for him that he cranks out boat loads of prints all year and they get snatched up. I would do the same thing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 pm

IMO the best image he has released all year. That's not saying alot because its been pretty lackluster, but still, I really do like this image. Looks more in line with his classic/older images.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
User avatar
mrB7LACK
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: the interweb

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:46 pm

lsmith55 wrote:IMO the best image he has released all year. That's not saying alot because its been pretty lackluster, but still, I really do like this image. Looks more in line with his classic/older images.
Perfectly said.
User avatar
babbtke
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:49 am

Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:58 pm

mrB7LACK wrote:
lsmith55 wrote:IMO the best image he has released all year. That's not saying alot because its been pretty lackluster, but still, I really do like this image. Looks more in line with his classic/older images.
Perfectly said.
Agree, strong image with a brilliant background. Way to go Shep :clap: :clap: :clap:
Post Reply