Reefer Madness 15 Pittides

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Thanks for the pics.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Hemp variant would be dope.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:25 am

No body can out-Doyle Doyle.
- Tim Doyle
nymets711
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:45 pm

I was pretty happy I scored one on the AP. As stated previously there s a 100 screenprinted out there. I understand getting excited with the high demand. Sure the ap run was set up before with grey matter. Sounds to me a lot of sour attitude about not scoring. If you don't like how he runs his business don't support him. He apologized for how it all went down why don't you give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Rant over
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:04 am

I think when most of the negativity is coming from a guy with more posters in his flip pile than the entire print run ( and more than most folk have in their entire collection *slightly jealous*), who didn't score the poster himself, we don't need to take it too seriously. I've not really got any issues with artists making money off their work if they are being open and transparent about it, it just came across a bit odd with more turning up then some more here and a little more there etc.

ISO Hemp Var with green devil
recycler
Art Expert

Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:32 am

alexfugazi wrote:No body can out-Doyle Doyle.
- Tim Doyle
You are right and as you see real artists don't want to.

Now, carry on reprinting your old classics.
Greatplainsman
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:19 am

I just can't celebrate this movie. Nice art, but what this movie did to society can never be undone...
canuck
Art Freak

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Greatplainsman wrote:I just can't celebrate this movie. Nice art, but what this movie did to society can never be undone...
I have a feeling this poster is far from 'celebrating' the movie.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:44 pm

canuck wrote:
Greatplainsman wrote:I just can't celebrate this movie. Nice art, but what this movie did to society can never be undone...
Yup. More social commentary than anything. Can't wait to see what's next in this series
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:44 pm

canuck wrote:
Yup. More social commentary than anything. Can't wait to see what's next in this series
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:19 pm

recycler wrote:
alexfugazi wrote:No body can out-Doyle Doyle.
- Tim Doyle
You are right and as you see real artists don't want to.

Now, carry on reprinting your old classics.
I'm actually reprinting a lot of new classics, too. The demand is pretty high. Just not here. That's okay.
Speaking of 'pretty high' this is an excellent poster. Pittides did a great job on this, it's been great seeing his style develop over the years.

According to you, I guess I'm not a 'real artist', so I'll slink back to my studio and print more of my art for the people that buy it. Wait- isn't that being a real working artist? Were you trying to be funny?
Man you kids, I'll never understand your hip ironic internet lingo.
1000steps
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 pm

less irony and more ironing, as I like to tell the hipsters
Welcome to the sleaze pit
canuck
Art Freak

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Let's keep the doyle boasting to 1 thread please. Thanks.
pittidesart
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks Tim. Appreciate the kind words.
Buckhammer wrote:Yup. More social commentary than anything. Can't wait to see what's next in this series
Grey Matter will be releasing some more information regarding this series within the next week or two. I really hope you guys like the direction I decided to take with these.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:38 am

I still can't believe I slept on this drymounting print. I was recovering from my ravenous beginner's appetite, you know, buying a whole lot of fudge all at once because this is the coolest fudge since my last collection started. What a fool I was. I have posters I can't wait to sell forward. Not a judgment on the art or subject, but more a desire to mature a portfolio through more measured choices. I have stuff I wouldn't buy twice and I don't have a Reefer Madness. I love weed, I love satire, and I love beautiful girls. This print and I belong together. I saw it, I fell in love with it, but my wallet had me on a guilt trip and I didn't commit. And now. And now, they're all gone.

P.S. I also love cocaine sometimes, and beautiful girls again. Cocaine Fiends is the perfect sequel, congratulations Tim. I'm anxious to see what's next.