Reefer Madness 15 Pittides

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:42 pm

So, I take it that the lottery is over and done?
pittidesart
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:44 pm

Haha yes, all wrapped up.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
canuck
Art Freak

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:49 pm

I've gone weeks before I even opened/saw tubes cuz not home or what not. Hopefully no damaged tubes out there still chilling.
davidpesek
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:13 am

pittidesart wrote:First off, I want to thank all of you for input and concerns. Just to let you all know, there are no more available and there never will be. As a fellow collector myself I get Everything you all are saying. Trust me. Now I had 25 APs which sold and I had held back 8 unnumbered copies in case of any damage in shipping of those aps. Before I got rid of those blanks, i realized i had those printer proofs so I let those out. Once I tracked at least 20 aps and saw delivered, I decided to release the blanks.That was what the lottery was for. Those copies. I understand it looked like drop after drop and a afterthought, but it wasnt. I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance at every copy available as soon as possible. And don't worry about new art, I got 4 posters coming for the remaining of the year, 2 of which are second and final in this series. And you won't have to worry about this again. Everything will drop at once next time. Lesson learned. Again thanks for everything and Hope you guys enjoy what's coming.

thank you for clearing that up. I look forward to the new ones you'll be putting out and again, great work on this one
gsyade
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:14 am

pittidesart wrote:First off, I want to thank all of you for input and concerns. Just to let you all know, there are no more available and there never will be. As a fellow collector myself I get Everything you all are saying. Trust me. Now I had 25 APs which sold and I had held back 8 unnumbered copies in case of any damage in shipping of those aps. Before I got rid of those blanks, i realized i had those printer proofs so I let those out. Once I tracked at least 20 aps and saw delivered, I decided to release the blanks.That was what the lottery was for. Those copies. I understand it looked like drop after drop and a afterthought, but it wasnt. I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance at every copy available as soon as possible. And don't worry about new art, I got 4 posters coming for the remaining of the year, 2 of which are second and final in this series. And you won't have to worry about this again. Everything will drop at once next time. Lesson learned. Again thanks for everything and Hope you guys enjoy what's coming.
Awesome Response - Awesome Print

Keep up the good work :pint:
maroozer
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:39 am

So...why is it that if it's an edition of 60, there are 25 APs? That's almost half the edition size.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 am

Buckhammer
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:45 am

yeah, why should a artist get paid for a job well done. :roll:
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:46 am

maroozer wrote:So...why is it that if it's an edition of 60, there are 25 APs? That's almost half the edition size.
Maximize profits.

Anyone who doesn't think this is a cash grab is naive. It was set at 100, not 135, not 135 and an art print, not 135 and an art print/damaged prints/leftovers and a wood edition.

STOP.

Build a market, let this be the sought after print and the other prints you make be the ones that people buy to compensate for NOT HAVING a reefer madness.

I won't lie, I was after this one but after everything that's gone on, I don't want to be Doyle'd.
Same fudge, different drop.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:49 am

Buckhammer wrote:yeah, why should a artist get paid for a job well done. :roll:
Take the D out of your mouth. It's gonna be ok, he got paid exactly what he was told he was going to be, and probably more now that all versions are gone.

Tim, If anything why didn't you feel a variant on Hemp Paper would've been sufficient? That would've been "reprint" worthy or just acted like it was planned all along and released it?
Same fudge, different drop.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 am

luls
pittidesart
Art Expert

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:55 am

Gonzo you wont have to worry about that, trust me on that. I never have done that before and I aint going to start now. Plenty of great art coming down the pipeline. I dont know where this wood edition rumor came from, but that wasnt even a thought to me at least. There is close to 100 screenprints in circulation. I honestly wouldnt call that oversaturating the market. Thats it and all there will ever be.

Honestly I looked into a hemp variant but wasn't happy with the paper selection.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
KNEEL13
EB Team

Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:26 am

Beautiful print, Timothy. I really liked the paper choice too.

I wouldn't listen to the whiners.

elduderino619
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:20 am

pittidesart wrote:Gonzo you wont have to worry about that, trust me on that. I never have done that before and I aint going to start now. Plenty of great art coming down the pipeline. I dont know where this wood edition rumor came from, but that wasnt even a thought to me at least. There is close to 100 screenprints in circulation. I honestly wouldnt call that oversaturating the market. Thats it and all there will ever be.

Honestly I looked into a hemp variant but wasn't happy with the paper selection.
There might have been an issue during checkout, when I bought reefer madness there was a charge for a wood variant shipping cost. Maybe I wasn't the only one that noticed that charge. I posted something in the forum a while back and lordhelmet from gray matter pm'd me and cleared it up and sent the refund. I also bought other prints at the same time so that wood variant cost could have been any of those.
yankees5483
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:55 pm

elduderino619 wrote:
pittidesart wrote:Gonzo you wont have to worry about that, trust me on that. I never have done that before and I aint going to start now. Plenty of great art coming down the pipeline. I dont know where this wood edition rumor came from, but that wasnt even a thought to me at least. There is close to 100 screenprints in circulation. I honestly wouldnt call that oversaturating the market. Thats it and all there will ever be.

There might have been an issue during checkout, when I bought reefer madness there was a charge for a wood variant shipping cost. Maybe I wasn't the only one that noticed that charge. I posted something in the forum a while back and lordhelmet from gray matter pm'd me and cleared it up and sent the refund. I also bought other prints at the same time so that wood variant cost could have been any of those.
You got charged the wood shipping rate because you bought a set and 2 other posters, so 4 total. The limit is 3, so anything above that gets charged for the higher shipping. Hope that clears it up for you.