Reefer Madness 15 Pittides

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:21 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:
turnJBup wrote:Art prints of movie posters.
Lame.
:roll: :hanging:
He's not wrong. That is really lame.
Having not got one and not wanting to feed the flippars I am happy with it, especially if it is different size and text etc
pittidesart
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:29 am

After speaking with my screenprinter last night, There is no way this will be able to print smaller and keep the art quality due to the tremendous amount of small stippling and details. I had a idea last week regarding this "project" and after that phone call I began formulating and fleshing out that idea. It is personal, fun, and a first for me at least. So this is all I can say for now, the art version will NOT be a screenprint, it will be included with AT LEAST 3 other prints and will not come until 2016.

Good luck to all those who have entered the lottery so far and still are entering. The response has been HUGE to say the least. Just passed the triple digit mark.
Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
dtnt99
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:24 am

wood version please :)... sign me up.

cheers! :pint:
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:02 am

Frankly, I'm over this whole print. I liked the original but missed it on drop. And then there were 25APs. Then 8 PPs. Now a stack of unnumbered prints. Now talk of a whack art print edition that will be different yet the same.
Sounding like someone has taken a class from Tim Doyle.
Why not just release a Variant version of the same print? Just use different paper. Seems to be a norm these days. Either way, I'm over it.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:04 am

doyle'd ?
pittidesart
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:07 am

dutchflowers wrote:Frankly, I'm over this whole print. I liked the original but missed it on drop. And then there were 25APs. Then 8 PPs. Now a stack of unnumbered prints. Now talk of a whack art print edition that will be different yet the same.
Why not just release a Variant version of the same print? Just use different paper. Seems to be a norm these days. Either way, I'm over it.
it will be part of a 2016 giclee portifolio collection and 8 x 10. Has no bearing on the screenprint at all.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 am

pittidesart wrote:
dutchflowers wrote:Frankly, I'm over this whole print. I liked the original but missed it on drop. And then there were 25APs. Then 8 PPs. Now a stack of unnumbered prints. Now talk of a whack art print edition that will be different yet the same.
it will be part of a 2016 giclee portifolio collection and 8 x 10. Has no bearing on the screenprint at all.
yeah if it isnt a screenprint as stated, then I dont see a problem. Laurent did it with JAWS and The Birds.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:39 am

Buckhammer wrote:
pittidesart wrote:
yeah if it isnt a screenprint as stated, then I dont see a problem. Laurent did it with JAWS and The Birds.
Lol.

You're cashing in on your one big print. STOP. Move along and try to make something else decent again, don't just rely on your one that got attention.

I like it, but like Dutch, I'm over it in all aspects.

You're going to kill your market before you even get one established.
Same fudge, different drop.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:55 am

100 or so total prints is hardly taking advantage of 1 piece of art.

I don't see anything wrong with making an art print with it either. Plenty of artists are doing now.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Gonzo just summed it up nicely... Let it go.
Be in demand and relevant, not a rehash guy.
It's a movie poster that works perfectly.

Why reprint without the script for a few bucks just so people can look at the art print and say, " Man this would have been a killer Reefer Madness poster. "
johndv
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Pick the lottery winners yet, Tim?
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:11 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:100 or so total prints is hardly taking advantage of 1 piece of art.
I agree.
whiterabbit40
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:04 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:
pittidesart wrote:
Lol.

You're cashing in on your one big print. STOP. Move along and try to make something else decent again, don't just rely on your one that got attention.

I like it, but like Dutch, I'm over it in all aspects.

You're going to kill your market before you even get one established.
Guy makes a pretty good point
davidpesek
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:47 pm

the # released doesn't really bother me, it's just that it seems like a lot of afterthoughts

"hey this did well, let's release a few more, and a few more, and a few more..."

I still love the print, looks awesome in person. I just feel robbed of the exclusivity of owning one when more and more keep coming
pittidesart
Art Expert

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:28 pm

First off, I want to thank all of you for input and concerns. Just to let you all know, there are no more available and there never will be. As a fellow collector myself I get Everything you all are saying. Trust me. Now I had 25 APs which sold and I had held back 8 unnumbered copies in case of any damage in shipping of those aps. Before I got rid of those blanks, i realized i had those printer proofs so I let those out. Once I tracked at least 20 aps and saw delivered, I decided to release the blanks.That was what the lottery was for. Those copies. I understand it looked like drop after drop and a afterthought, but it wasnt. I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance at every copy available as soon as possible. And don't worry about new art, I got 4 posters coming for the remaining of the year, 2 of which are second and final in this series. And you won't have to worry about this again. Everything will drop at once next time. Lesson learned. Again thanks for everything and Hope you guys enjoy what's coming.