PCL-014 Hendrix Stuttgart 69 Kieser

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
cushway
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Only have aminute here...I was trying to post ajpg. of a rough comp for Art of the Dead...and failed. Tried again.....and failed. They should make not a computer book 'for Idiots', but a computer built 'for Idiots'...like myself.
The Stittgart image I published twice; one and alitho the other as a 30 color continous tone! silkscreen. Both are signed and numbered. The silk-screen was printed by Arellanes---the best.
Phil
collector59
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 pm

cushway wrote:Only have aminute here...I was trying to post ajpg. of a rough comp for Art of the Dead...and failed. Tried again.....and failed. They should make not a computer book 'for Idiots', but a computer built 'for Idiots'...like myself.
The Stittgart image I published twice; one and alitho the other as a 30 color continous tone! silkscreen. Both are signed and numbered. The silk-screen was printed by Arellanes---the best.
Phil
Does anyone know the different sizes for the lithograph and the silkscreen published by Cushway? Also any idea of values?
madamburnside
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:32 pm

ArtRock published 3 official printings of this Stuttgart poster. PCL014 is larger, and it is signed in pen by Kieser. PCL218 is smaller than PCL014 and is unsigned. The silkscreen poster is listed under an AOR and it is by far the most beautiful of all the prints. It is a continuous tone silkscreen poster that took many days to print. The ink is so thick that you can still smell the paint from more than 20 years ago. Also, the red "snake" coming out of Hendrix's head looks like it is dripping wet.

I have no idea why PCL014 sold for 2K. That price seems utterly outrageous to me because as far as I know, you can still buy them from the gallery for $250. The print quality is nowhere near as nice as the silkscreen poster printed on French Rag paper.
Flimby

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:39 pm

thanks for the info! is the listing correct as it is now or does it need changing?
as i said i have the huge one which i know is a boot, i am unsure about the others
1973riley
New User

Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:35 am

just turned a significant birthday and my family gifted this to me. it's the screen print AOR version. i'm the happiest old fart on my block