Avengers: Age of Ultron 15 Ansin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:55 pm

mattkardish wrote:just doesn't seem like the same dude who did Taxi Driver, Phantom of the Opera, Bride of Frankenstein just to name a few.
This is also a superhero movie.... Not a cinematic masterpiece. :P
Brian2013
Art Expert

Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Gaging by the pictures of the variant people have posted, the regular should look fantastic. Also anyone comparing this to Batman... Hello.. Batman is the central character.. Avengers.. the Avengers are the central characters.. You can't put IronMan in the middle and put all the other characters behind him and say.. Oh that looks better.. Give me a break.
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
dasponyboy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:27 pm

No but you could put the main characters in the front and Ultron and other things muted in the background...hello. There's Batman, Robin, the Batmobile and 3 people they just the beat down on all in foreground colors....how many main Avengers are there??? I'm not saying have the same exact layout as Batman but there are ways to have all that fudge on there and it not look cluttered but it's a moot point because you think Batman looks cluttered as well.
Brian2013
Art Expert

Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Or Ansin could do exactly what he did and have Ultron covering the right side of the print and the Avengers in fighting positions on the left. From all the pictures people are posting of this print, the jpeg does not do it justice. Definitely looking forward to seeing the regular in person and check out how the different color tones pull the characters out of the image to give them definition.
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
Merco
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:04 pm

Brian2013 wrote:Or Ansin could do exactly what he did and have Ultron covering the right side of the print and the Avengers in fighting positions on the left. From all the pictures people are posting of this print, the jpeg does not do it justice. Definitely looking forward to seeing the regular in person and check out how the different color tones pull the characters out of the image to give them definition.
:clap:
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Brian2013 wrote:Or Ansin could do exactly what he did and have Ultron covering the right side of the print and the Avengers in fighting positions on the left. From all the pictures people are posting of this print, the jpeg does not do it justice. Definitely looking forward to seeing the regular in person and check out how the different color tones pull the characters out of the image to give them definition.
It looks great. I personally think the reg will look even better as I'm more of a silver than gold type of guy, not to mention the other color added to the print overall for the reasons you mentioned. If you like comic book movies, there's absolutely no reason to not like the print itself. Ansin killed it on the individual character details.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
It looks great. I personally think the reg will look even better as I'm more of a silver than gold type of guy, not to mention the other color added to the print overall for the reasons you mentioned. If you like comic book movies, there's absolutely no reason to not like the print itself. Ansin killed it on the individual character details.
I'm with you. I think the reg looks much nicer.
rfalk32
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:52 pm

I think we all honestly know this is an average avengers print it just so happens to be released by Mondo and an artist people know. IF this was in the GreyMatter marvel line it would still be for sale weeks later.
matowest
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:55 pm

rfalk32 wrote:I think we all honestly know this is an average avengers print it just so happens to be released by Mondo and an artist people know. IF this was in the GreyMatter marvel line it would still be for sale weeks later.
Not with Ansin's name attached.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 pm

rfalk32 wrote:I think we all honestly know this is an average avengers print it just so happens to be released by Mondo and an artist people know.
Did you reread this before you even posted it?
rfalk32
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
rfalk32 wrote:I think we all honestly know this is an average avengers print it just so happens to be released by Mondo and an artist people know.
Yes.
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:36 pm

Vance Kelly's might be only print better but both have giant Ultron and that's all I care about
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:40 pm

matowest wrote:
rfalk32 wrote:I think we all honestly know this is an average avengers print it just so happens to be released by Mondo and an artist people know. IF this was in the GreyMatter marvel line it would still be for sale weeks later.
Not with Ansin's name attached.
Yep. Never forget that one of the best Stout posters out there, Let The Right One In, isn't Mondo...or Ken Taylor's Pacific Rim sold out during SDCC and that was from Legendary Pictures directly.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:41 pm

rfalk32 wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
Yes.
Out loud? Sometimes that makes a difference.
rfalk32
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
rfalk32 wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
Yes.
Out loud? Sometimes that makes a difference.
Yes. Who doesn't read all their EB Forum posts out loud...but next time I will run it by you to make sure its ok.