Pacific Rim 15 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
egrimens
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:37 pm

wottagunn wrote:50% refund for a print with (mostly) edge damage isn’t too bad. Just take the refund and use that money to frame it with a mat. Or just trim the damage away and be done with it.
If you bought this to flip you went wrong in the first place.
Yeah I was perfectly fine with 50% off, would I prefer a reprint, sure, but all of the damage can frame out so its not a huge deal. Hopefully they do some packaging research before they do their next sale.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:38 pm

egrimens wrote:Hopefully they do some packaging research before they do their next sale.
If there is a next sale.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Luminous wrote:
wottagunn wrote:50% refund for a print with (mostly) edge damage isn’t too bad. Just take the refund and use that money to frame it with a mat. Or just trim the damage away and be done with it.
If you bought this to flip you went wrong in the first place.
So if someone is unwilling to accept a damaged product it's implied they purchased this print simply to flip? Did I understand this correctly? Because otherwise I have no idea why this would be brought up.
no, I said "if".
Nicktrunks
New User

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:08 pm

Hey all - long time lurker and big fan of Taylor's work (as well as Pacific Rim).

I ordered the print as well and was devastated when I saw this thread. I didn't even open the tube: I was too terrified to see how bad it was. Tonight I opened the tube in preparation to take photos of the damage and was shocked to see that my print was completely unscathed. Okay, there's an eighth of an inch toward the top right that looks as though it has been pressed slightly, but other than that it's a flawless print. I have never been so careful putting a print back into a tube before...

I'm not here to brag or anything but was wondering if I was the only person who had the print arrive in near mint condition?
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:39 pm

Nicktrunks wrote:Hey all - long time lurker and big fan of Taylor's work (as well as Pacific Rim).

I ordered the print as well and was devastated when I saw this thread. I didn't even open the tube: I was too terrified to see how bad it was. Tonight I opened the tube in preparation to take photos of the damage and was shocked to see that my print was completely unscathed. Okay, there's an eighth of an inch toward the top right that looks as though it has been pressed slightly, but other than that it's a flawless print. I have never been so careful putting a print back into a tube before...

I'm not here to brag or anything but was wondering if I was the only person who had the print arrive in near mint condition?
The first I've heard of. I'll trade you my two damaged copies for your one good copy.
THC x 3
blingaling
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:51 pm

I accepted the half refund but was given a full refund. Couldn't really ask for more than that. At this point I would order from legendary again, I doubt they would repeat this little fiasco.
ImageImageImageImage
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:08 pm

blingaling wrote:I accepted the half refund but was given a full refund. Couldn't really ask for more than that. At this point I would order from legendary again, I doubt they would repeat this little fiasco.
Still waitin..
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:43 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:
blingaling wrote:I accepted the half refund but was given a full refund. Couldn't really ask for more than that. At this point I would order from legendary again, I doubt they would repeat this little fiasco.
Still waitin..
mee too
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:38 am

Pineapple007 wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:
Still waitin..
mee too
Accepted half refund, nothing quite yet
ADAMCOCKERTON
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Hello all,

I’d like to update you all on the progress of the monitoring the distribution issues at Legendary.

We’ve been waiting for the figures in from the damaged tubes from the distribution centre, which we’ve now received. We’ve compared them against the figures from our own customer service and it’s much more than we initially thought.  A third of the prints were damaged in transit, which is clearly not acceptable.

Legendary has decided to reprint a percentage of the full print run to replace this at our expense. We think this is the best way to go to make sure that you have the print you ordered.

We are suggesting the following:
We will give all customers the chance to send the pictures of the damaged prints in to customer service by Friday 9th October. This is the deadline. We assume that everyone will have received their print by this date and had time to contact us if they’re not happy. If you’ve written in already we have your details.

We will be running a reprint of the poster with D&L once we have those final figures and final instructions will then follow via email and posted to this feed.

We are currently having conversations with a new experienced distributer so we can be assured of a professional delivery.

For customers who still want a refund/partial refund this does not apply, but please respond to the email on the 9th stating this.

Hope this decision works for everyone. Please let me know if there’s anything else to cover off before we get this rolling.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the distribution.
Adam
ScootsMcGee
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:04 pm

ADAMCOCKERTON wrote:Hello all,

I’d like to update you all on the progress of the monitoring the distribution issues at Legendary.

We’ve been waiting for the figures in from the damaged tubes from the distribution centre, which we’ve now received. We’ve compared them against the figures from our own customer service and it’s much more than we initially thought.  A third of the prints were damaged in transit, which is clearly not acceptable.

Legendary has decided to reprint a percentage of the full print run to replace this at our expense. We think this is the best way to go to make sure that you have the print you ordered.

We are suggesting the following:
We will give all customers the chance to send the pictures of the damaged prints in to customer service by Friday 9th October. This is the deadline. We assume that everyone will have received their print by this date and had time to contact us if they’re not happy. If you’ve written in already we have your details.

We will be running a reprint of the poster with D&L once we have those final figures and final instructions will then follow via email and posted to this feed.

We are currently having conversations with a new experienced distributer so we can be assured of a professional delivery.

For customers who still want a refund/partial refund this does not apply, but please respond to the email on the 9th stating this.

Hope this decision works for everyone. Please let me know if there’s anything else to cover off before we get this rolling.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the distribution.
Adam

WOOT. How will this work for those of us who already accepted one of the two offers because we thought we had no other choice?
I'll trade you mine if you trade me yours.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:10 pm

#disgonbegood
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ADAMCOCKERTON
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:19 pm

You'll be contacted via email from the store. I don't think any refunds have been processed yet.
At the point of offering the last set of refunds we only had 13 complaints, now we can see the full picture we can appreciate that we need to offer this as a solution as well.
ScootsMcGee
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Cool, thanks Adam.
I'll trade you mine if you trade me yours.
elroy404
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Are we going to send back our damaged prints and receive the same number? Also is Ken going to fix his misspelled name on the reprints?