Pacific Rim 15 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
howdyall
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:05 am

Codeblue wrote: Image
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:11 am

Codeblue wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:FYI to Legendary: if tape was used on the outside of the craft paper to ensure that the print stayed rolled (and not slide out of the craft paper and hit the ends of the tube) and there was a buffer (crumpled paper, bubblewrap, etc.) between the edge of the print and the ends of the tube, the damage would not have occurred.

+1 Exchange Request
No buffer. Kraft cut to the length of the tube. Don't listen to this nub.
Well, assuming they want to reuse the craft paper (which was shorter than the tube) and tube, a buffer would be the easiest route. :P
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:44 am

ADAMCOCKERTON wrote:I just want to jump in here and say how sorry I am that the first release for the LAS has landed this way. I spent a huge amount of my spare time to get this right and it's extremely unfortunate that the packaging has been such a problem.

Over the last few days I have been liaising with the shop in LA to get a full picture of quantities and refunds being requested. I imagine that once we have these details in full we will be able to get our options together that resolves it for everyone. We’re chasing the fulfilment company for answers so we can pin-point what went wrong and are looking at ways we can resolve the issues for everyone who has complained. Clearly this can't happen again.

Please respond to this link: http://shop.legendary.com/pages/contact. To date we have 1 refund requested on the shop. I suggest we rally round on this thread which will help us build a full picture of the damage keep the photos coming in. We have an extremely limited run of APs, less that 10. Please put in this link whether this would be an option.

Once again, I apologise for the damaged goods. I’ll post again on this thread before tomorrow evening when I’ll update you with options to get this sorted on an individual basis.

Many thanks
Adam
I sent a request for exchange a few days ago.

The print I received has no GID inks either, so I'm a bit confused as it says it does on several sites, but looks as if it was taken down on legendary website. Can you fill us in on this? Even ken Taylor tweeted it had metallic and glow in the dark inks
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:04 am

Yikes.
ADAMCOCKERTON
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:00 am

The print I received has no GID inks either, so I'm a bit confused as it says it does on several sites, but looks as if it was taken down on legendary website. Can you fill us in on this? Even ken Taylor tweeted it had metallic and glow in the dark inks
Ken and I were talking about GID inks at one point. We decided not to go ahead with it because it was a trade off with letting those metallics stay punchy or dulling them down with the GID overprint. We chose metallic. Ken may have tweeted it from the original spec but together we decided not to go that route. I don't recall it going up on the Legendary site and it's not something we have marketed here as far as I'm aware.
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:26 am

ADAMCOCKERTON wrote:
Ken and I were talking about GID inks at one point. We decided not to go ahead with it because it was a trade off with letting those metallics stay punchy or dulling them down with the GID overprint. We chose metallic. Ken may have tweeted it from the original spec but together we decided not to go that route. I don't recall it going up on the Legendary site and it's not something we have marketed here as far as I'm aware.
That's weird. It even show on this site... wherever they got their info from

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... r.html?m=1
Image Image
thedylanator
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:04 am

yeah I remember seeing the info about the GID in a few different places as well.

Also got mine in and it was damaged just like the others. Filled out the Exchange Form as well.
ADAMCOCKERTON
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Just to update everyone.
The third party distributer is collating the list of everyone who has contacted them overnight. I've posted the link in a couple of places so we should know before the weekend how best to proceed with everyones complaints.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:30 pm

How did we pay for this, can't seem to find it in my PP log?
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:46 pm

PLUSH wrote:How did we pay for this, can't seem to find it in my PP log?
I think with a debit/credit card. I don't think Paypal was an option. If i remember correctly anyway...
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:24 pm

ADAMCOCKERTON wrote:Just to update everyone.
The third party distributer is collating the list of everyone who has contacted them overnight. I've posted the link in a couple of places so we should know before the weekend how best to proceed with everyones complaints.
Thanks Adam for the update. Please keep us poated. I really love this one so hope re printing them is an option. Such a cool poster and would also give mr. YAYLOR a chance to fix his name lol
Image Image
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Just received mine north of the border, same bad shipping. Its not as bad as some others showed here tough. Still Id like to have a mint print when I order a new print.
Exchange request sent.

Its a shame cause the print really look good.
treynutzz
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:12 pm

Tube looked good when it came.
Thought i was ahead of the pack.
Is this tube damage or something that happened before being tubed up.
I did notice my kraft paper has the same damage.
IMG_1407.jpg
irishlastname
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:37 pm

Mine arrived damaged also, I just emailed the company using the link Adam posted. Hopefully something can be done, this is pretty disappointing. I kind of expected it though from a company that doesn't normally handle these kinds of prints. If I remember correctly the same thing happened a few years ago when Sideshow Collectibles sold the variant sets of the Martin Ansin Tron set for Mondo.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:41 pm

treynutzz wrote:Tube looked good when it came.
Thought i was ahead of the pack.
Is this tube damage or something that happened before being tubed up.
I did notice my kraft paper has the same damage.
IMG_1407.jpg
That would be from shipping, because the kraft is the same length of the print givin it no cushion.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.