Crimson Peak 15 Danger

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
aky90be
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Homerun...
"...youre not actually looking at Schulz-Neudamm's tones and lines, youre looking at a jpg of those tones and lines run through a photoshop filter to make them simpler for a simpler printing method. so... superior? ..."

DD -2013
User avatar
BrandonJ
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:01 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:34 am

Daniel went crazy on this one. Love his movie title placement. :clap:
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7122
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Perfect in every way. This is the Mondo I love.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25727
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:05 pm

Blue reg is gorgeous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7122
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:07 pm

It is but really curious about seeing red in person. Red also feels more like the film, from the trailer anyway.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23211
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:16 pm

They're both gorgeous, I'm just one of those guys who sees a poster with the word "Crimson" prominently on it and psychologically it makes me expect red. Don't imagine the blue is in any way inferior, without the title I'd prefer it, but seeing it say "crimson" and not be crimson does a weird thing to the monkeys in my noggin'.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
User avatar
OwliciousMcGill
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:02 am
Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina

Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:29 pm

These turned out great! I like the regular better but the red is still beautiful. Great Job Daniel.
McGill
User avatar
CaptNemo
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:39 am
Location: Texas

Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Toll due bad dream come true
I lie dead gone under red sky
https://play.spotify.com/album/2VNui22dikp6XEMdK8j8Xs
mcnail wrote: "We are just trying to make and sell posters. Cheers"
tstout wrote: "in general though, you're not missing out.... on life. its all around you. in the wind. in the woods. we're sharing it together. i'm right behind you."
User avatar
Odess
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:44 pm

Cant we get some HQ images of this please? Not sure if anyone is capable right now, but...!
User avatar
littleredcap
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am
Location: USA

Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Image

Image
Last edited by littleredcap on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1000steps
Art Expert
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:17 pm

just stared at that for about five minutes

:jawdropper:
Welcome to the sleaze pit
User avatar
fourthstooge
Art Expert
Posts: 1645
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:16 am

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:45 pm

I love black and white work and was fortunate to see one of Daniel's original scratch boards. Has he posted an image of the scratch board from this one anywhere? It's completely amazing and I would imagine that scratch board is jaw dropping.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
User avatar
Jamilton
Art Expert
Posts: 1343
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:50 pm

fourthstooge wrote:I love black and white work and was fortunate to see one of Daniel's original scratch boards. Has he posted an image of the scratch board from this one anywhere? It's completely amazing and I would imagine that scratch board is jaw dropping.
It's in his thread. It's amazing.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=5190
User avatar
fourthstooge
Art Expert
Posts: 1645
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:16 am

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Jamilton wrote:
fourthstooge wrote:I love black and white work and was fortunate to see one of Daniel's original scratch boards. Has he posted an image of the scratch board from this one anywhere? It's completely amazing and I would imagine that scratch board is jaw dropping.
It's in his thread. It's amazing.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=5190
Completely amazing...thanks for the link!
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
User avatar
DeadpooI
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:33 am

Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:00 am

jkw3000 wrote:They're both gorgeous, I'm just one of those guys who sees a poster with the word "Crimson" prominently on it and psychologically it makes me expect red. Don't imagine the blue is in any way inferior, without the title I'd prefer it, but seeing it say "crimson" and not be crimson does a weird thing to the monkeys in my noggin'.
My exact thoughts. I was so excited to buy the Red variant at Comic con, but they lied and only had the blue. I still bought 2 copies. It's even more awesome in person.
Post Reply