Coalition II 15 Peterson

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:41 pm

turnJBup wrote:Mods, email came today.
Timed edition ended up with an edition of 706.
Ya do buy giclees. Don't need to lie to kick it.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:27 pm

And I don't really like the Chili Peppers.
LearCat
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:46 pm

kmdc wrote:Anyone know anything about when these will ship? I know with it being a timed release the run ended up being ~700ish prints, so I expect it to take some time and all. Just curious if anyone remembers hearing anything about when we should be expecting this to arrive. Thanks.
I got my print in on Monday, all framed up and looking pretty on the wall now.
666ways2love
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:03 pm

dodgers77
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:36 pm

That's fantastic ! Love the color combination !! :drool: :notworthy: :clap:
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:25 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:27 pm
And I don't really like the Chili Peppers.
Funny cause I don’t mind RHCP, but I have no clue what this print has to do with them, lol.

Gonna put this one in a frame, me thinking.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:01 pm

I think this image was involved with an album packaging in some way. Google says I am correct:

https://www.ohanamag.com/releases/rhcp- ... bum-cover/
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:47 pm

^ Ha. Cool. I didn't know.

Went to the store yesterday to order the frame and glass (about 20 minutes before it closes). I had an idea and even a particular frame in mind. So I browsed around a bit and then the saw the frame I wanted was on clearance (75% off!). Goody I thought, what a dumb luck! Told the clerk I wanted to get that frame and conservation glass for the 30x16 print. She told me the price, which was excellent. I thought there was something else I wanted to put into the same frame as well, but couldn’t remember what it was. Started browsing my “list”. Since it was now about 5 minutes left before they close, I told her I’d just come back today once I get the measurements for the other frame.

So today I headed there around 11 am. The frame I wanted was now sold out and so was my second choice, lol. What the drymount! Oh well. Started browsing around. The other clerk asked if I have the image of the print, so I opened it in the database and showed it to her. She suggested a couple of (hideous) options she thought would fit. Long story short, I chose another frame and said I wanted to get one for a 36x17.5 print. Paid, thanks and bye, we’ll call you when it is ready to be picked up. Later in the day, by some miracle out of the blue, it hit me: what the drymount did I order size wise? I was driving now, looked for the invoice, but couldn’t find it, even though I know exactly where I put it - it’s gone (for good it seems, still can’t find it). I was also in this place where there is hardly any reception. Called the store, talked to the clerk, but the call dropped. She called me back a few minutes later, but the call dropped again. Finally, in the “normal” connected world, I called back and told her I had a feeling I drymounted up and ordered the wrong size and she confirmed I ordered 36x17.5. So I told her it has to be x16, not 17.5. Ok, all changed and good. Crisis averted. Wait a second, did she say 36? drymount me. Called back again and finally changed it to the actual 30x16. She probably thinks I am a drymounting idiot now. Oh well, lol. I guess I opened the OG in the database when I was showing her the image and for whatever reason that size stuck behind in my mind? I had to go back a few times later to check that I ordered the right size because it was a drymounting mess in my head after all this confusion, lol.

I guess I’ll post some pics once I get her done.
666ways2love
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:59 pm

KipPotapych wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:47 pm
^ Ha. Cool. I didn't know.

Went to the store yesterday to order the frame and glass (about 20 minutes before it closes). I had an idea and even a particular frame in mind. So I browsed around a bit and then the saw the frame I wanted was on clearance (75% off!). Goody I thought, what a dumb luck! Told the clerk I wanted to get that frame and conservation glass for the 30x16 print. She told me the price, which was excellent. I thought there was something else I wanted to put into the same frame as well, but couldn’t remember what it was. Started browsing my “list”. Since it was now about 5 minutes left before they close, I told her I’d just come back today once I get the measurements for the other frame.

So today I headed there around 11 am. The frame I wanted was now sold out and so was my second choice, lol. What the drymount! Oh well. Started browsing around. The other clerk asked if I have the image of the print, so I opened it in the database and showed it to her. She suggested a couple of (hideous) options she thought would fit. Long story short, I chose another frame and said I wanted to get one for a 36x17.5 print. Paid, thanks and bye, we’ll call you when it is ready to be picked up. Later in the day, by some miracle out of the blue, it hit me: what the drymount did I order size wise? I was driving now, looked for the invoice, but couldn’t find it, even though I know exactly where I put it - it’s gone (for good it seems, still can’t find it). I was also in this place where there is hardly any reception. Called the store, talked to the clerk, but the call dropped. She called me back a few minutes later, but the call dropped again. Finally, in the “normal” connected world, I called back and told her I had a feeling I drymounted up and ordered the wrong size and she confirmed I ordered 36x17.5. So I told her it has to be x16, not 17.5. Ok, all changed and good. Crisis averted. Wait a second, did she say 36? drymount me. Called back again and finally changed it to the actual 30x16. She probably thinks I am a drymounting idiot now. Oh well, lol. I guess I opened the OG in the database when I was showing her the image and for whatever reason that size stuck behind in my mind? I had to go back a few times later to check that I ordered the right size because it was a drymounting mess in my head after all this confusion, lol.

I guess I’ll post some pics once I get her done.
Not sure where you went, but if I was a frame shop owner (and sometimes I wish I was so I could frame all my stuff) I would NEVER trust a customer with providing their own measurements. Guarantees people will get it wrong, materials ordered and assembled and then the shop has it eat the cost when it's 1/4" off.
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:48 pm

^ Never got it wrong yet, haha. They usually ask for the artwork to measure, but I never brought one in yet. Why would I? I have a list with stuff I want to eventually (maybe) “custom” frame with all the measurements that I took myself. Also, the frame/glass is already paid for (you pay when you order, though I am expecting to be refunded a few bucks when I pick it up). So if it is a drymount up, like it would be here, that’d be on me, not them (unless they drymount it up, but unlikely), which I would think is expected; it is by me anyway.
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 26, 2023 2:44 am

Picked up the frame a few days ago. Had a chance to look at it today and threw the print in for a “fit”.

I am generally not a fan of “complicated” framing and mats, but I imagined it a bit differently in my head how this would look like and think a mat or two may not hurt.

Thoughts? Mat(s) color(s), if any? fudge frame, should have chosen something else (frame is on point, imo, but mat(s) is a bit of a tough choice given the colors)?
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:31 am

So, art experts and gods and otherwise, I know it is rocket science, but…?
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:12 pm

I world try blue or gray in various shades from the image. Maybe the yellow from the bollards to match the frame itself