Grateful Dead Chicago 15 Masthay

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128405
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:26 am

New image Grateful Dead Chicago 15 Masthay - Night 1


Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128405
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 am

New image Grateful Dead Chicago 15 Masthay - Night 2


Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128405
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 am

New image Grateful Dead Chicago 15 Masthay - Night 3


Image
User avatar
shibbyaholic
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:28 am

Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:30 pm

These Prints are Stellar.... GD did a great job tapping some incredible artists to capture the feelings of these final shows. Well done AJ!
Image Image Image
happyguy
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:00 am

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:22 pm

chalkdust wrote:sorry Emek and Spusta, these are the best..
I can't believe people are saying this. It's a nice print but the Emek and Spusta are so much nicer in person. These just seem a little generic to me. Maybe I'm crazy.
HARRYHOOD213
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Spusta is a cheap litho, the image is sick, but a litho? The Emek was nice, but kinda busy. These prints to be scream "GD50 CHICAGO!"
User avatar
peacedog
Art Expert
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Great job, AJ! These are awesome! :clap:
User avatar
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 pm
Location: Gilbert, AZ

Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:43 pm

:clap: There are just awesome. Seeing some ebay listings for these blow up right now.
User avatar
Dalek
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:11 pm

IWish wrote:I looked all over, yesterday, for a pic of these...couldn't find one. These are great! I especially like the one on the right w/skeletons. 8) I'm gonna' guess that these won't be available online, anywhere, right?
I think he's going to do a small online release with some variants of each, more details to come soon from AJ.
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Dalek wrote:
IWish wrote:I looked all over, yesterday, for a pic of these...couldn't find one. These are great! I especially like the one on the right w/skeletons. 8) I'm gonna' guess that these won't be available online, anywhere, right?
I think he's going to do a small online release with some variants of each, more details to come soon from AJ.
,

Bet you're right on the drop, be a really nice score. As tightly as they control their merch, I doubt GDM will allow variants. Hope that's true but haven't seen any mention of it by any of the other dozen or so artists.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
User avatar
Dalek
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:19 pm

FroDawg wrote:
Dalek wrote:
IWish wrote:I looked all over, yesterday, for a pic of these...couldn't find one. These are great! I especially like the one on the right w/skeletons. 8) I'm gonna' guess that these won't be available online, anywhere, right?
I think he's going to do a small online release with some variants of each, more details to come soon from AJ.
,

Bet you're right on the drop, be a really nice score. As tightly as they control their merch, I doubt GDM will allow variants. Hope that's true but haven't seen any mention of it by any of the other dozen or so artists.
I took that from AJs facebook page, re: variants
applehead
Art Expert
Posts: 2199
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:41 am

happyguy wrote:
chalkdust wrote:sorry Emek and Spusta, these are the best..
I can't believe people are saying this. It's a nice print but the Emek and Spusta are so much nicer in person. These just seem a little generic to me. Maybe I'm crazy.
weither a newb comment or your smoking crack. litho better bro? come on. hand cut block print beats both screen and litho
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:14 pm

Dalek wrote:
FroDawg wrote:
Dalek wrote:
IWish wrote:I looked all over, yesterday, for a pic of these...couldn't find one. These are great! I especially like the one on the right w/skeletons. 8) I'm gonna' guess that these won't be available online, anywhere, right?
I think he's going to do a small online release with some variants of each, more details to come soon from AJ.
,

Bet you're right on the drop, be a really nice score. As tightly as they control their merch, I doubt GDM will allow variants. Hope that's true but haven't seen any mention of it by any of the other dozen or so artists.
I took that from AJs facebook page, re: variants
HOPE springs eternal within our community and I HOPE (x10) that is true: from AJ's page and I missed this when I looked last night--A very limited sparkle foil artist edition will be available following the show. Stay tuned for more info

Thanks for the clarification Dalek. :clap:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
User avatar
padelimike
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 am

Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:28 am

What has two thumbs and is not the least bit surprised at the level of AWESOME in these prints?
Image




only one I wanted
unfortunately I was too engrossed in "doing the thing at some shows" to be able to procure one
User avatar
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Hartford, CT
Contact:

Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Well this should be fun...
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
Post Reply