Grateful Dead Chicago 15 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:13 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:at first glance i didn't like this. but the more and more i look at it, I'm liking it. Hoping for an emek drop.

I agree. Really didn't like this for some reason at first. But as time has gone on, it's grown on me.
ImageT.K.C.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:15 pm

@chrome's post. damn. that's kinda what i figured. oh well.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Jmtmoney2
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:38 pm

Just saw this piece in person. People were waiting at 6am this morning according to staff.
They only sold one of these and sold it as is framed.
They had one as well of the standard version.

Of course both sold long before I got there.
I asked if there would be more available and they said no but I will still stop back again.
fredo
Art God

Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:40 pm

sidewaysscott wrote: I'm liking it.
(I knew) you would!
just a foil for me today, thanks
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:17 am

Jmtmoney2 wrote:Just saw this piece in person. People were waiting at 6am this morning according to staff.

I asked if there would be more available and they said no but I will still stop back again.
Couple of things to correct:

- A "proof" of the regular edition was sold framed.
- Around 25 AP regs on pearl paper were sold unframed to the people in line.
- A Test Print Foil edition was sold framed.
- People lined up before 6am. Many didn't know how to get in the mall while it was closed.
Last edited by ClaytonHopper on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:20 am

electrachrome wrote:
sidewaysscott wrote:at first glance i didn't like this. but the more and more i look at it, I'm liking it. Hoping for an emek drop.
no artist drop on the VIP prints
Munk One did it. With that said, I don't think EMEK will.
Jmtmoney2
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:56 am

ClaytonHopper wrote:
Jmtmoney2 wrote:Just saw this piece in person. People were waiting at 6am this morning according to staff.

- People lined up before 6am. Many didn't know how to get in the mall while it was closed.
Hope you got one of these.
Any idea what time people started lining up?
Or what the cost was for the unframed AE? Were these sold before 5?
Bummed to have missed it and to be close enough to see but not touch. Though I could not have waited multiple days in line. Hate to think that the unframed AE may have been available when I was there but two different people working told me they had one proof framed and one foil framed and they were both sold without mentioning anything about unframed AE.
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:08 am

Jmtmoney2 wrote:
ClaytonHopper wrote:

Hope you got one of these.
Any idea what time people started lining up?
Or what the cost was for the unframed AE? Were these sold before 5?
Bummed to have missed it and to be close enough to see but not touch. Though I could not have waited multiple days in line. Hate to think that the unframed AE may have been available when I was there but two different people working told me they had one proof framed and one foil framed and they were both sold without mentioning anything about unframed AE.
Some people tried to camp out at midnight but didn't end up staying. Think I over heard one of them saying they got locked out and couldn't get back in. Someone else said security made them leave.(your not allowed to camp out in the mall) Anyways, I know the line was again started at around 5am or so by a diehard primus fan. Was only at 4-5 people long when they handed out numbers for the first time at around 9am.

Cost of the AE unframed was $200. The stack was behind the employees at the front desk, pretty hard to miss if you were talking to employees there. The prints were sold to the first 20 some odd people who had numbers from earlier in the day.

If you didn't get there till later, igood chance that the AEs were sold out by the time you got there. I'm not sure on the exact time they sold the last one for the night.
opence
Art Expert

Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:02 am

Harry Dunn wrote:OK gang, you know the rules, no humping, no licking, no sniffing hineys.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:49 am

ClaytonHopper wrote:- People lined up before 6am. Many didn't know how to get in the mall while it was closed.
zip line to the roof and through the ventilation ducts?
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:57 am

electrachrome wrote:
ClaytonHopper wrote:- People lined up before 6am. Many didn't know how to get in the mall while it was closed.
zip line to the roof and through the ventilation ducts?
That's one way. Other is the service entrance for employees and delivers that is always unlocked ;)
rayg216
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:51 pm

I heard the show editions aren't hand signed. Can someone who has one confirm this?
"But that's the great thing about art. Everyone can have their own opinion about why it sucks" - Homer Simpson
tiedyedmind
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:29 pm

electrachrome wrote:
no artist drop on the VIP prints
Drop coming: https://www.emekstudios.com/new_release.html

UPDATE,
This poster will be sold through a LOTTERY STYLE sale.
To participate, Email us your answer to the following question:

“How many hours total did Emek spend drawing this poster?”
DireWolfCichlids
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:57 pm

So, the people that hit the number win the chance, and then go down the list from there? or a true lottery and just picking the time for fun?

how many are there of these to be had?

Some guy on Ebay claims he already has 1 of 150 of them?
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:16 pm

DireWolfCichlids wrote:So, the people that hit the number win the chance, and then go down the list from there? or a true lottery and just picking the time for fun?

how many are there of these to be had?

Some guy on Ebay claims he already has 1 of 150 of them?
Estimated delivery of date of Aug 4 - 7 on that auction. Hmm
I'm not someone else.