Grateful Dead Santa Clara 15 Beckett

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:43 am

From my orders, they completely changed how they are packaging prints. My first order was as most people described, no wide kraft paper, just some shoved in the end, but I did order shirts and the tube was in a box. My final order was delivered and packaged similar to how Jay Ryan does it, wide kraft paper and the rolled print/kraft taped to the end of the tube. two thumbs up for the change. got really lucky that my first 2 orders came mint, but i also ordered shirts, pins, and other stuff.

When I first saw the jpeg for this Beckett print, I thought, interesting but didnt think I have to have this. When I started seeing detailed pics, my interest really started to peak. Then I heard Ben L from BoNA printed it and I had to have it. Not sure what he meant by the comment about his grandfathers ashes (maybe they're mixed in the ink? dont mean to offend but that would be pretty epic for Ben imo.) Now I have it in person and it is an absolute masterpiece, and well deserved of AoTW. STarting to think about framing ideas. Dont want to get to wild and distract from the print, so I might go with something basic like white outer mat and blue and/or red/crimson inner mats.

Would love to see how people framed this one. Please post pics if you framed it.
gordo55
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:38 am

applehead wrote:Then I heard Ben L from BoNA printed it and I had to have it. Not sure what he meant by the comment about his grandfathers ashes (maybe they're mixed in the ink? dont mean to offend but that would be pretty epic for Ben imo.)
Methinks it was gold dust his grandfather left him. Also used in Detritus, I believe.

edit: ...gold powder...
Last edited by gordo55 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THC
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:01 am

gordo55 wrote:
applehead wrote:Then I heard Ben L from BoNA printed it and I had to have it. Not sure what he meant by the comment about his grandfathers ashes (maybe they're mixed in the ink? dont mean to offend but that would be pretty epic for Ben imo.)
Methinks it was gold dust his grandfather left him. Also used in Detritus, I believe.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 1#p3051781
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Charlie23 wrote:The postman brought mine today, well packaged and survived the journey to the UK but contents not entirely what I was expecting!

Wondering what the chances of getting this fixed are...
Funny, mine was supposed to have the Beckett and the Spusta. I got the Beckett and the Hunter. They must be keeping whatever they want and filling the rest with Hunters.
ImageImage
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:45 pm

noeldaddy wrote:
Charlie23 wrote:The postman brought mine today, well packaged and survived the journey to the UK but contents not entirely what I was expecting!

Wondering what the chances of getting this fixed are...
Funny, mine was supposed to have the Beckett and the Spusta. I got the Beckett and the Hunter. They must be keeping whatever they want and filling the rest with Hunters.
You got the best end of that deal. Most limited SC-specific screen print with classic Dead image vs litho in larger edition. Love Marq's and wish it was a screen but Hunter>Spusta IMHO.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:58 pm

The Hunter will stand the test of time better than all the rest, IMHO. The only possible downside of the Hunter is that is was for the NEXT TO LAST set of shows; not the LAST set of shows. This may well play against it having the most appreciation in the long run, but I truly feel it'll be the grail of the last 5 shows. My $0.02

Not to downplay the other posters; there are several classic images represented.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:36 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:The Hunter will stand the test of time better than all the rest, IMHO. The only possible downside of the Hunter is that is was for the NEXT TO LAST set of shows; not the LAST set of shows. This may well play against it having the most appreciation in the long run, but I truly feel it'll be the grail of the last 5 shows. My $0.02

Not to downplay the other posters; there are several classic images represented.
Absolutely. The large majority wont care about this because it was from SC, the appreciation will mostly be from collectors. imo
I'm not someone else.
Browntrout
EB Team

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:08 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:The Hunter will stand the test of time better than all the rest, IMHO. The only possible downside of the Hunter is that is was for the NEXT TO LAST set of shows; not the LAST set of shows. This may well play against it having the most appreciation in the long run, but I truly feel it'll be the grail of the last 5 shows. My $0.02

Absolutely. The large majority wont care about this because it was from SC, the appreciation will mostly be from collectors. imo
Disagree, I'll take the Maiden over the Hunter all day long.
carousel68
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Hello -is the merchant store also refunding sales on this poster due to overselling? I ask because I bought one on eBay and clearly the seller is waiting for it to be shipped. Are orders still being shipped for a poster that sold out in minutes?

I got so screwed on the China Cat that were both refunded today.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:04 pm

carousel68 wrote:Hello -is the merchant store also refunding sales on this poster due to overselling? I ask because I bought one on eBay and clearly the seller is waiting for it to be shipped. Are orders still being shipped for a poster that sold out in minutes?

Rule of thumb: never buy anything from a seller who doesn't have what they're selling.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:07 pm

solid advise rick.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
carousel68 wrote:Hello -is the merchant store also refunding sales on this poster due to overselling? I ask because I bought one on eBay and clearly the seller is waiting for it to be shipped. Are orders still being shipped for a poster that sold out in minutes?

Rule of thumb: never buy anything from a seller who doesn't have what they're selling.

Solid advice indeed, but I suspect our friend here didn't know the eBay seller didn't have it in hand. I say ask for an eBay refund and just buy one that you know is in good condition from someone who already has it in hand.
ImageT.K.C.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Unless he got it for less than cost or for a very low price, then I would wait it out.

But if he paid a premium, I say ask for a refund too and get it from a member on here who already has it.
applehead
Art Expert

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:06 pm

I really like this print. As I started framing it, I noticed her left hand is not human like. Like really bad. Her right hand has 5 digits. The right is more like a claw, or mutant hand. Beautiful print otherwise.
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Musta studied at the Shepard Fairey School of Hands