Apocalypse Now 15 Jock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kyler4444
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:06 pm

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
rocker wrote:Weird, this has been on EB for a few hours, and MoviePosterEmpire isnt trying to insta-flip for 5x cost yet.
Still butt hurt over me selling a poster I had in my possession that I didn't like?
Please try to get along guys. We're all in this together.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:07 pm

Is this movie any good, print seems cool.
kyler4444
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:36 pm

PLUSH wrote:Is this movie any good, print seems cool.
I saw it for the first time about 3 weeks ago and it's definitely worth at least one viewing. It is one of the definitive Vietnam War films out there IMO. The end of the film gets a bit weird so be ready.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:37 pm

Watch the redux. The plantation and playboy scenes are worth it.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Terrific work guys!
jjdungca
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Looks great!
ImageImageImage
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:51 pm

kyler4444 wrote:
PLUSH wrote:Is this movie any good, print seems cool.
I saw it for the first time about 3 weeks ago and it's definitely worth at least one viewing. It is one of the definitive Vietnam War films out there IMO. The end of the film gets a bit weird so be ready.
Well it's no Jurassic World, that's for sure.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:04 pm

It's not weird, it's just philosophical, musing on who is the real enemy.

If anything the opening half is the noise and bluster and it then settles down in the second half.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
artislove

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Really like this one. The reg/var are both great. Jock did an amazing job on it.
churdiales
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:53 pm

I love it.
Last edited by churdiales on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:04 pm

What's up J?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:29 pm

You should come by my house and look at my collection and let me know what to burn. Clearly, I don't know what the hell I'm doing by liking something that you don't.

There's this $12 a bottle Cabernet Sauvignon called Los Vascos from Argentina that I really like with steak. I was traveling once and went to a swank steak house in Chicago and a sommelier came to my table and suggested a bottle of wine. I told him I wanted Los Vascos. He proceeded to tell me why this $400 bottle of hooch he was pushing was great and my selection was fudge. He gave me the facts in a very learned way while talking down to me and letting me know he had a formal education that made him wise in these matters and that I, being a simple lay person, did not hold anywhere near the education so I was selecting swill. I told him I like it and my liking it wasn't going to be changed in the slightest by his stuck up ass and that he was welcome to drymount off. Then I enjoyed my bottle of Los Vascos (which was about $45 there - thieves) with a sexy bone in dry aged prime sirloin.

That's a long winded way of saying that it's fine that you have an opinion but could give two shits about it when considering what I like and I don't. It's going on my wall.
churdiales wrote:I'll chime in. :pint:

This is a disaster. It's not a good print. As RN noted it seems repetitive and underwhelming. A scene we have often seen, doesn't bring the innovative factor that Jock was able to create with his Shaun of the Dead, even Halloween.

Step off the ladder and off the private commission theme park. Only good things that have come out of these groups are ALL Tomer Hanuka prints, 2001 by Eng, and that Lost in Translation by Matt Talor -pretty sure all by the E10 group- but who cares at this point. Please stop. Please stop. Please stop.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
kyler4444
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:40 pm

rubberneck wrote:It's not weird, it's just philosophical, musing on who is the real enemy.

If anything the opening half is the noise and bluster and it then settles down in the second half.

Agree to disagree - see Vietnamese boat people.
Froilan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:40 pm

fourthstooge wrote:You should come by my house and look at my collection and let me know what to burn. Clearly, I don't know what the hell I'm doing by liking something that you don't.

There's this $12 a bottle Cabernet Sauvignon called Los Vascos from Argentina that I really like with steak. I was traveling once and went to a swank steak house in Chicago and a sommelier came to my table and suggested a bottle of wine. I told him I wanted Los Vascos. He proceeded to tell me why this $400 bottle of hooch he was pushing was great and my selection was fudge. He gave me the facts in a very learned way while talking down to me and letting me know he had a formal education that made him wise in these matters and that I, being a simple lay person, did not hold anywhere near the education so I was selecting swill. I told him I like it and my liking it wasn't going to be changed in the slightest by his stuck up ass and that he was welcome to drymount off. Then I enjoyed my bottle of Los Vascos (which was about $45 there - thieves) with a sexy bone in dry aged prime sirloin.

That's a long winded way of saying that it's fine that you have an opinion but could give two shits about it when considering what I like and I don't. It's going on my wall.
churdiales wrote:I'll chime in. :pint:

This is a disaster. It's not a good print. As RN noted it seems repetitive and underwhelming. A scene we have often seen, doesn't bring the innovative factor that Jock was able to create with his Shaun of the Dead, even Halloween.

Step off the ladder and off the private commission theme park. Only good things that have come out of these groups are ALL Tomer Hanuka prints, 2001 by Eng, and that Lost in Translation by Matt Talor -pretty sure all by the E10 group- but who cares at this point. Please stop. Please stop. Please stop.

Try a two buck Chuck. It's better than your snotty Los Vascos.

:pint:
"... and then for one of them to come out and call out another artist for contributing to the over-saturated world of uninspired lazy art…" - Brad Klausen
PLUSH
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:42 pm

Dude, art is like cigars. Smoke what you like and don't let others tell you what you should smoke. Unless you're smoked Acid, then that is just fudge. :lol: