Apocalypse Now 15 Jock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Kramerica wrote:Watch the redux. The plantation and playboy scenes are worth it.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:01 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Watch the redux. The plantation and playboy scenes are worth it.

Link?
churdiales
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:07 am

Best print ever.
Last edited by churdiales on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:13 am

Holy fudge...somebody call the cops. An artist used scenes from a movie...get this...in a movie poster. What's this world coming to?

I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
churdiales
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:13 am

Best print ever.
Last edited by churdiales on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 am

Says the guy who only likes E10 commissions. ZOMG R U E10 ISO HANUKA SPOT.

In all seriousness, if you like it you like it, if not you don't. Fair points though, but it's not like the style in which Jock's done this is all that different from how he's approached some other movie properties - his Zero Dark Thirty built itself off a simple guys-roping-down-from-a-helicopter look,and his Thing poster was relatively minimal for him (at least the reg). Just his approach for this, have no idea what his thoughts were on it but would be interested, he doesn't seem to always approach something with more full detail in the background like SotD or Halloween.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:25 am

churdiales wrote:
I submitted the photograph to it, probably commissioned it myself; therefore, I have to back this one up ($$$$ in my pocket -commish, serious bidnezzz).
Yeah, except I'm pretty well known to be a non-flipper and usually lose money on things I commission because I stand 'em up if we come up short, buy sketches, etc. I do it because it's a hobby and I like the stuff. I don't do it so that somebody can tell me they like it. You clearly get your jollies trying to rain on somebody else's parade. There's a growing list of people putting their names on the ISO list who don't appear to care if you think it's fudge. You know why? They like it. They like the movie and it reminds them of the movie by playing on imagery from the movie.

We get it. You're cool. You've thumped your chest and I hope it made you feel good. You talk down artwork that's not to your liking for whatever reason. I'm just saying that I like it, I'm happy with it, and don't really give a fudge if you do or not.

These are posters...low brow art. Why do you even bother? You should be talking fudge at real galleries with paintings and chiseled marble. Whatever you do, don't sip Los Vascos there...a sommelier may give you fudge for liking it.
churdiales
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:31 am

I like it more than a.jpeg of the Eiffel Tower.
Last edited by churdiales on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:35 am

churdiales wrote: This Apocalypse Now image is like seeing the Eiffel Tower in person after seeing it in photographs 1,000,000 times. It has the same effect: zero. It's more than that, almost like repulsion.
Exact same way I feel about gynecology. :wink:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:36 am

churdiales wrote:^^ Not sure I get your (I will venture to say: "uninformed") remarks of me liking only E10 commisions. I like them because they are unique -Hanuka more so than others. Not one single one of them is a rehashed idea or a color palette we have seen in the past.

This Apocalypse Now image is like seeing the Eiffel Tower in person after seeing it in photographs 1,000,000 times. It has the same effect: zero. It's more than that, almost like repulsion. And I am not talking down on you, I am telling you (visual) information you probably see yourself (hence the defensiveness?)

Anyway: :pint:
Dem gabz doe
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
churdiales
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:40 am

I like it even more than the REAL Eiffel Tower.
Last edited by churdiales on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:42 am

churdiales wrote:^ yeah, that looks horrible (Predator?)

I was talking:
1) Hanuka
2) Matt Taylor - Lost in T
3) Eng - 2001

Not sure if all by E10 -don't care to be honest.
Don't forget inception :P

I'm not crazy about this poster but it's nice to have a decent print for AN. I think I just expected more because it was Jock and the guy normally crushes every single property he covers.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:19 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
churdiales wrote:^ yeah, that looks horrible (Predator?)

I was talking:
1) Hanuka
2) Matt Taylor - Lost in T
3) Eng - 2001

Not sure if all by E10 -don't care to be honest.
Don't forget inception :P

I'm not crazy about this poster but it's nice to have a decent print for AN. I think I just expected more because it was Jock and the guy normally crushes every single property he covers.
He hasn't seem Inception.

Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:29 am

Well since churdiales doesn't like it, I don't care what I think! I want my money back!
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:39 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:Well since churdiales doesn't like it, I don't care what I think! I want my money back!
:rolling: