Pee Wee's Big Adventure 15 Aseo

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:37 am

This topic is dedicated to: Pee Wee's Big Adventure 15 Aseo

MoviePosterEmpire

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:38 am

This is what happens when you want every possible reference to a movie in a poster. Chaos.
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 am

MoviePosterEmpire wrote:This is what happens when you want every possible reference to a movie in a poster. Chaos.
Agreed. It just had no flow at all.. Plus that rendering of Dottie is just not good...

On a positive note... pee wee looks good and the colors are great, just not enough to save it IMO.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
MoviePosterEmpire

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:50 am

Buckhammer wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:This is what happens when you want every possible reference to a movie in a poster. Chaos.
Agreed. It just had no flow at all.. Plus that rendering of Dottie is just not good...
The variant is really the one where your eye can't settle. Too many things of different sizes and orientations randomly placed.
SerpentSociety
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:42 am

"MoviePosterEmpire" immediately jumps on this and starts shitting on it. He was booted from the commission and as much as he would like to think he's the ultimate art expert, he's just not. The Pee Wee project has been beloved by almost everyone who has seen it, excluding the big bad "MoviePosterEmpire"; professional art expert extraordinaire. This guy thinks his opinion is more valid than anyone else's opinion.

This poster catches the crazy adventures that Pee Wee experiences on the "adventure" and the poster is organized in a way that doesn't clutter the image. The likeness are excellent, there are 3 metallics in each poster and the response has been overwhelming positive with some calling it their favorite commission ever. I'm sure the big "Empire" man could have done it better though. Last comment I'm making here regardless of what comes after. I'm not looking for a flame war, but felt the need to put my 2 cents in here for what turned out to be an amazing poster.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:50 am

SerpentSociety wrote:"MoviePosterEmpire" immediately jumps on this and starts shitting on it. He was booted from the commission and as much as he would like to think he's the ultimate art expert, he's just not. The Pee Wee project has been beloved by almost everyone who has seen it, excluding the big bad "MoviePosterEmpire"; professional art expert extraordinaire. This guy thinks his opinion is more valid than anyone else's opinion.

This poster catches the crazy adventures that Pee Wee experiences on the "adventure" and the poster is organized in a way that doesn't clutter the image. The likeness are excellent, there are 3 metallics in each poster and the response has been overwhelming positive with some calling it their favorite commission ever. I'm sure the big "Empire" man could have done it better though. Last comment I'm making here regardless of what comes after. I'm not looking for a flame war, but felt the need to put my 2 cents in here for what turned out to be an amazing poster.
Dont worry...no one ever listens to him anyway
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:54 am

SerpentSociety wrote:"MoviePosterEmpire" immediately jumps on this and starts shitting on it. He was booted from the commission and as much as he would like to think he's the ultimate art expert, he's just not. The Pee Wee project has been beloved by almost everyone who has seen it, excluding the big bad "MoviePosterEmpire"; professional art expert extraordinaire. This guy thinks his opinion is more valid than anyone else's opinion.

You must be the commissioner.

Sorry I just don't get how Aseo continues to get work. This just isn't very good. It looks like someone got Martin Ansin really drunk, gave him a ton of drugs then replaced his hands with feet and said here draw me a pee wee poster. Nah nm even drugged up foothand Ansin would be able to deliver something better than this.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
cgauert
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:55 am

My eyes have no idea where to look when I see this. The image is definitely too cluttered. The color palette doesn't feel like the film and of all expressions for his likeness to depict, I just don't understand the one chosen.
MoviePosterEmpire

Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:09 pm

I gave good, constructive notes that would have made it less cluttered and more structured. They were completely ignored because everyone else said the sketch was amazing and should be printed as is. (There was one note that was taken about making the lion head on the bike straight rather than looking up) This is worse than BTTF, which is a hot mess itself. The only commissions that I've seen Aseo do that have had good art direction come out of PPCC because they know how to art direct. These others are crowd-sourced art direction and turn into chaos.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:10 pm

I like posters with alot of small details. Its especially appropriate for this film because there is so much that people latch on to. It's nice to see it all there.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Just remember, the average person drinks Budweiser
ImageImage
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:14 pm

"The common man is a fool".
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
DeadHand
Art Expert

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Buckhammer wrote:
Think the composition works well with the film. That said, yeah I agree about Dottie.

that said: it does sorta feel like it's referencing a bit of Pee Wee's Playhouse. In terms of feel at least.
Cheese318
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:28 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:

You must be the commissioner

Sorry I just don't get how Aseo continues to get work. This just isn't very good. It looks like someone got Martin Ansin really drunk, gave him a ton of drugs then replaced his hands with feet and said here draw me a pee wee poster. Nah nm even drugged up foothand Ansin would be able to deliver something better than this.
Wow. Why don't you tell me how you really feel about the print
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:37 am

Cheese318 wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:

You must be the commissioner

Wow. Why don't you tell me how you really feel about the print
It's a mess with terrible likenesses.

Ps you're welcome

But at the end of the day, all that matters is the people in the commission are happy.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.