Nausicaä 15 Ferguson

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:11 pm

cant go wrong with this one! congrats peeps
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:37 pm

This is a beautiful print. I would love to know more about this club that made this happen. If anyone has any info, please pm me. Thanks.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Looks like I could be in Matts queue at TB again this year.
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:28 pm

jpfondu wrote:Looks like I could be in Matts queue at TB again this year.
If the queue is like last years, that might not guarantee you a print :hanging:
Daggermouth
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:37 pm

damn that fudge is dope!
eternal
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Whats the word on aps?
fitz
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:01 pm

jpfondu wrote:Looks like I could be in Matts queue at TB again this year.
see you there (again) :wink:
Kengyu

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:03 pm

Whats the website where the APs will be available. This is amazing and one of my favorite movies.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Kengyu wrote:Whats the website where the APs will be available. This is amazing and one of my favorite movies.
At ThoughtBubble, so...not available online, unless his APs don't sell out.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Tetsuojin
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:13 pm

If anyone is interested in another Nausicaa print, I have Brazilian artist Zakuro Aoyama doing a print for us starting next month. We recently had some dropouts in the group, so now we have 2, possibly 3 slots open. If interested, please PM me. The print will be a 9 color screenprint, 24x36. Cost is about $77 shipped CONUS. PM me if interested in joining. Payment will be due upon joining. :D
listerfeend
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Tetsuojin wrote:If anyone is interested in another Nausicaa print, I have Brazilian artist Zakuro Aoyama doing a print for us starting next month. We recently had some dropouts in the group, so now we have 2, possibly 3 slots open. If interested, please PM me. The print will be a 9 color screenprint, 24x36. Cost is about $77 shipped CONUS. PM me if interested in joining. Payment will be due upon joining. :D
I think a few years in the future we'll look back and reminisce on a time where private commissions were so prevalent, people were actively peddling their commissions in the "art comments" section of another commission of the same property.

Truly a golden age. :lol:

Anyway, mine is set to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait :D
DeadHand
Art Expert

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:31 pm

this is pretty awesome. I wouldn't immediately pin this as a Ferguson,which is a complement in that he can adapt pretty damn well.

kudos
WhiteRat
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:48 am

listerfeend wrote:
Tetsuojin wrote:If anyone is interested in another Nausicaa print, I have Brazilian artist Zakuro Aoyama doing a print for us starting next month. We recently had some dropouts in the group, so now we have 2, possibly 3 slots open. If interested, please PM me. The print will be a 9 color screenprint, 24x36. Cost is about $77 shipped CONUS. PM me if interested in joining. Payment will be due upon joining. :D
I think a few years in the future we'll look back and reminisce on a time where private commissions were so prevalent, people were actively peddling their commissions in the "art comments" section of another commission of the same property.

Truly a golden age. :lol:

Anyway, mine is set to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait :D
Touche.

Although I don't think it's so much about prevalence as much as desperation. People seem almost desperate to make commissions happen. Maybe to help pay the rent check or fund the next iso?

Anyways, can't wait to get mine! Should be here tomorrow. Will go well with the whole Moss set.
patches138
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:30 pm

Whiterat with that pretentious aroma that could level Tacoma :P

Indeed it looks as tho it was a shameless plug to fill up a "competing" piece of art but that's not true in this case. The run was bumped up to help the artist pay for funeral expenses for his parents. Both of whom he sadly lost within a months span... He also happens to be one of the nicest folks who just enjoys creating art and sharing it with friends. Profiting off the backs of fanboys aint his m.o. for what its worth.

I would hope that most these commissions being pimped out arent simply a means to make rent. I highly doubt they are but maybe I could be wrong. Perhaps I'll be able to help someone involved in this wonderful commission pay off some rent however :pint:

Grats on getting in on this! As a fellow fan of all things Miyazaki I will track this down at some point.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:13 pm

The only commission I've ever been in that was obviously for-profit got shut down pretty quick because of all the argument. In no situation does managing a spreadsheet and arranging a printer deserve pay.