Eric Clapton 70th Birthday London 15 Hunter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 130859
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Tue May 19, 2015 2:42 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Eric Clapton 70th Birthday London 15 Hunter

Image
User avatar
phishstix101
Art Expert
Posts: 6236
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue May 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Nice companion to the NYC poster! Great job DH!!
Image
User avatar
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee
Posts: 9590
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Tue May 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Shitty iPhone Pic from merch stand Sunday. They are only putting out a proportionate number of copies for sale at each of the 7 RAH shows because they are selling so fast, and they want people to have a chance at each show to snag a copy. The MSG poster sold out and they only had 2 shows there. Same quantity at both venues. You do the math.

P.S. - I love the event t-shirt: the RAH made up of guitars is a great idea!
Hunter Clapton RAH merch stand pic.JPG
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
User avatar
phishstix101
Art Expert
Posts: 6236
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue May 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Nice job on those t's! Thanks for the pic from across the pond Rick!! Hope you guys are having fun!!
Image
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
Posts: 4136
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Tue May 19, 2015 4:08 pm

phishstix101 wrote:Nice job on those t's! Thanks for the pic from across the pond Rick!! Hope you guys are having fun!!
We're back, dude. Took off Friday just before 6pm; landed back in the ATL just after 1pm yesterday. A 50-hour whirlwind in London itself (and that included 11 hours of sleep on Saturday night after we brilliantly decided to "stay up" and after our third (or was it fifth) wind got to bed after midnight. We also got to see the fine folks at The Flood Gallery. Great show and great trip.

And, of course, seeing Dave's poster flying out of the merch stand was awesome.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
User avatar
phishstix101
Art Expert
Posts: 6236
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Tue May 19, 2015 4:15 pm

FroDawg wrote:
phishstix101 wrote:Nice job on those t's! Thanks for the pic from across the pond Rick!! Hope you guys are having fun!!
We're back, dude. Took off Friday just before 6pm; landed back in the ATL just after 1pm yesterday. A 50-hour whirlwind in London itself (and that included 11 hours of sleep on Saturday night after we brilliantly decided to "stay up" and after our third (or was it fifth) wind got to bed after midnight. We also got to see the fine folks at The Flood Gallery. Great show and great trip.

And, of course, seeing Dave's poster flying out of the merch stand was awesome.
Glad you guys are back safe! I'm sure it was a fantastic trip!!
Image
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9589
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Tue May 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Love this print!! You got to skip across the pond and go to the show fro?
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
Posts: 4136
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Tue May 19, 2015 4:21 pm

partpat wrote:Love this print!! You got to skip across the pond and go to the show fro?
Thanks to TicketMan Rick I did. He got the seats last fall--long story, suffice it to say a series of events/conversations led to a serendipitous exploration of ericclapton.com. Turns out it was Eric's 175th SOLO performance at the RAH and 201st overall appearance there. And, since it sounds like he's done with shows after this weekend's final performance at RAH, it was awesome to see him in a such an historic venue.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
User avatar
partpat
Art Expert
Posts: 9589
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Tue May 19, 2015 4:25 pm

FroDawg wrote:
partpat wrote:Love this print!! You got to skip across the pond and go to the show fro?
Thanks to TicketMan Rick I did. He got the seats last fall--long story, suffice it to say a series of events/conversations led to a serendipitous exploration of ericclapton.com. Turns out it was Eric's 175th SOLO performance at the RAH and 201st overall appearance there. And, since it sounds like he's done with shows after this weekend's final performance at RAH, it was awesome to see him in a such an historic venue.

WOW...drymount me that is awesome. Huge huge congrats and glad you had a great time.
User avatar
Browntrout
EB Trainee
Posts: 2305
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Wed May 20, 2015 1:55 pm

They're filming tonight's show (5/20) for a concert DVD. There are HD cameras everywhere. They also raised the $ for the poster to 70 pounds from 50.
Last edited by Browntrout on Wed May 20, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
Posts: 4136
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Wed May 20, 2015 2:14 pm

R u there trout? If so Watch the videos on the pipe organ pipes.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
User avatar
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee
Posts: 9590
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Wed May 20, 2015 2:36 pm

FroDawg wrote:R u there trout? If so Watch the videos on the pipe organ pipes.
... if you're on LSD :P
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
User avatar
FroDawg
Art Expert
Posts: 4136
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The ATL
Contact:

Wed May 20, 2015 5:40 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
FroDawg wrote:R u there trout? If so Watch the videos on the pipe organ pipes.
... if you're on LSD :P
Hmmm. And I thought you were just high on the music and grooving out on those moving pipes!
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
User avatar
Browntrout
EB Trainee
Posts: 2305
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Wed May 20, 2015 6:29 pm

FroDawg wrote:R u there trout? If so Watch the videos on the pipe organ pipes.
Yea me & my lady! It was a dream come true.
Poster was Not sold out. No excuse for raising the $, but its a business like everything else. My guess is any prints left over, go on EC Ebay store for auction. Let the E-beans collectors fight over them before DH releases his.
Image
User avatar
Browntrout
EB Trainee
Posts: 2305
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Sat May 23, 2015 1:12 pm

North Korean President Kim Jung Un's older brother is a Clapton superfan and was at Wed & Thursday's shows. Can't say I ran into him, but Slowhand sure has a huge and I mean HUGE Asian fan base who turned out for these shows.
Last edited by Browntrout on Sat May 23, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Post Reply