The Mound 15 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bmerel
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:10 am

edgar wrote:
bmerel wrote:Art has the ability to create soreness around the anal area, on occasion.
As do stale BMs

Well played. Hate to acknowledge it but that was quite witty.
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:09 am

danielpmcauliffe wrote:
bryndavies wrote:So over two weeks later, Danny comes in to bring it all back up. Now what purpose did that serve? :roll:
The purpose of defending someone who doesn't deserve to be called what he's been called in this thread, and to call you and others out on your bullshit conspiracy. You weren't in the commission because you had no idea Welker would bust something out like this. Not because someone wanted to jack up prices.
I've got to say that this commission wasn't nearly as widely known as you think. I've been a Welker fan for quite sometime now + I'm a longtime Phish fan and I would have joined in in a heartbeat had I known. I'm on EB and FB a fair amount and I never caught wind of it until it was too late. Perhaps I wasn't in the right group at the time but I certainly didn't miss for the reason you suggest. Just FYI...
I had to go aftermarket for my copy but it was worth it.
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:06 am

dutchflowers wrote:
danielpmcauliffe wrote:
bryndavies wrote:So over two weeks later, Danny comes in to bring it all back up. Now what purpose did that serve? :roll:
The purpose of defending someone who doesn't deserve to be called what he's been called in this thread, and to call you and others out on your bullshit conspiracy. You weren't in the commission because you had no idea Welker would bust something out like this. Not because someone wanted to jack up prices.
I've got to say that this commission wasn't nearly as widely known as you think. I've been a Welker fan for quite sometime now + I'm a longtime Phish fan and I would have joined in in a heartbeat had I known. I'm on EB and FB a fair amount and I never caught wind of it until it was too late. Perhaps I wasn't in the right group at the time but I certainly didn't miss for the reason you suggest. Just FYI...
I had to go aftermarket for my copy but it was worth it.
Agreed on all accounts, glad you secured one.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:44 pm

danielpmcauliffe wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:
edgar wrote:
danielpmcauliffe wrote:This is the most pathetic argument I've ever seen. First off, Merel is one of the most stand up dudes I've ever met. Secondly, pretty sure he started his own catering company, and works for his money. Thirdly, he didn't hype up a small commission to sell prints and make money. The commission is small because no one wanted to enter, because Welker was just starting to get big. I remember hearing about it from a friend and not even caring, because I wasn't a Welker fan at that point. And the hype is huge because Welker produced a better piece of art than anyone could have ever dreamed of him doing. IMO his best piece to date. And to bring someone's past about addiction into things when you don't even know them is just straight up pathetic. Grow the drymount up and stop being a keyboard warrior.

File under: fudge 14'er's say.

i wont touch the merel statements but everything else you said is ridiculous
I don't know how it's ridiculous. It's not like the commission was kept a secret. Everyone knew about it, but not many people were big on Welker yet. He hadn't even done his first Panic print at that point.
Even more ridiculous than your first stament. The part about no one could have dreamed David could have come up with something this good, people not being big on Welker yet and not having done his first panic print are comedy gold.

Brian did a good job of ensuring this would be a homerun. Marketing the commission semiprivately through Facebook rather than to the longtime welker collectors on phishposters ( to a lesser extent here) ensured there would be massive demand even if it didn't end up being as good as it is. I understand why he stayed away from there but still, there was a reason David went there to release Rift giclee, and sought pp's input when he thought about releasing a 2nd edition (which ended up with him destroying the original hi-res file). With an artist so intricately linked to that community and group of collectors it doesn't sit right that it wasnt made available to that group but whatever. I am happy enough with my rift that I won't go crazy for this
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 pm

I still have no idea what's going on.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:55 pm

I had the opportunity to be in the commission and passed. No butthurt here :P If I recall it was in a commission group that was just a bunch of people trying to commission different artists for art prints. I think a Rone and a Eelus both came out of the same group. I remember Brian pitching his idea to the group about it being a different view of Rift. As far as I was concerned I never saw anything shady or whatnot. But them welker and spusta fans all get a little crazy from time to time. Especially when they miss out on something ;)
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:56 pm

stuckeyc wrote:Even more ridiculous than your first stament. The part about no one could have dreamed David could have come up with something this good, people not being big on Welker yet and not having done his first panic print are comedy gold.
^^this
kevinkenly1
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:12 pm

I wish I could have gotten in on this commission. I knew about it, but it was full by the time I heard.
jools
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:25 pm

biscocrack420 wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:Even more ridiculous than your first stament. The part about no one could have dreamed David could have come up with something this good, people not being big on Welker yet and not having done his first panic print are comedy gold.
^^this
yup, thirded
is Spustard a thing yet?
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
phishstix101
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:36 pm

So who has one for cost? Hit me up!
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:36 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
Even more ridiculous than your first stament. The part about no one could have dreamed David could have come up with something this good, people not being big on Welker yet and not having done his first panic print are comedy gold.

Brian did a good job of ensuring this would be a homerun. Marketing the commission semiprivately through Facebook rather than to the longtime welker collectors on phishposters ( to a lesser extent here) ensured there would be massive demand even if it didn't end up being as good as it is. I understand why he stayed away from there but still, there was a reason David went there to release Rift giclee, and sought pp's input when he thought about releasing a 2nd edition (which ended up with him destroying the original hi-res file). With an artist so intricately linked to that community and group of collectors it doesn't sit right that it wasnt made available to that group but whatever. I am happy enough with my rift that I won't go crazy for this
THIS (^) is pretty much SPOT ON :clap:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
dmm8878
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:21 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:

THIS (^) is pretty much SPOT ON :clap:
The old man knows... very well.
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:43 pm

bryndavies wrote:
soam24 wrote:Every time I see this print it reminds me of peeing, seeing as every time the song is played that's what I leave to do.
So mound is your guyute? I like a mound. But, nothing beats a scents and subtle. Am I right?
STFtFP is mine.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
kevinkenly1
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:25 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
bryndavies wrote:
soam24 wrote:Every time I see this print it reminds me of peeing, seeing as every time the song is played that's what I leave to do.
So mound is your guyute? I like a mound. But, nothing beats a scents and subtle. Am I right?
STFtFP is mine.
Caspian
bmerel
Art Expert

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:28 pm

It was a small commission, that had 5 options thematically. Of course I didn't take it to PP, as I don't really get on that well over there and being new in the commission group, I asked a bunch of artists that I had worked with before to see if anyone had time/interest. It was all transparent, from inception to finality. Anyone who was in that group (commission group) could attest to that. And this was filled before Welkers fanbase EXPLODED. Anyway, we did what we did and hoped for a great piece of art...which was exceeded to the max. Cheers and love.