The Mound 15 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
cotis
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:10 pm

this thread is the equivalent of Mean Girls.
edgar
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:28 pm

bmerel wrote:Here's a few things in regards to the fact that Dave (byrnDavies) has this on his wall...

A) The piece itself represents the exact opposite of who he is...one is positive, one is negative (see if you can figure out which one is which)
B) He had to pay aftermarket, which makes it a bit better
C) He framed the piece almost IDENTICALLY to my frame on it. Funny, considering his heartfelt sentiments.
D) It's pretty obvious that Dave does not care for me or my good friend kevkenly...again, Dave being a flamethrowing fartface.
E) Now consider point D, and add the fact that i was the one who headed the commission of Mound.
F) Adding point D & E, Dave now has a piece on his wall that i helped to birth...so any time he looks at it, he is reminded of me (someone he does not like)

So in conclusion, I hope he enjoys the piece! Good luck getting past all that. I'm now connected to your wall as long as it's there. May as well just flip the damn piece and get me outta there!

:rockin:
So your resolution was to be less of a schmuck?

#tryagainnextyear
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:10 pm

Merel still going on about this here?
ImageT.K.C.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:14 pm

can't all the brian's just get along?
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:22 pm

cotis wrote:this thread is the equivalent of Mean Girls.

Well, merel did help "birth" this piece. :lol:
ImageT.K.C.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:24 pm

Nana nana boo boo go stick your head in do do!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Codeblue wrote:Nana nana boo boo go stick your head in do do!

And I prefer fartknocker over fartface, personally.
ImageT.K.C.
Chief706
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:54 pm

A quick shot before one goes to its forever home.

1000steps
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:29 am

All seven deadly sins unleashed in one thread. Cool.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:41 am

This is the most pathetic argument I've ever seen. First off, Merel is one of the most stand up dudes I've ever met. Secondly, pretty sure he started his own catering company, and works for his money. Thirdly, he didn't hype up a small commission to sell prints and make money. The commission is small because no one wanted to enter, because Welker was just starting to get big. I remember hearing about it from a friend and not even caring, because I wasn't a Welker fan at that point. And the hype is huge because Welker produced a better piece of art than anyone could have ever dreamed of him doing. IMO his best piece to date. And to bring someone's past about addiction into things when you don't even know them is just straight up pathetic. Grow the drymount up and stop being a keyboard warrior.
edgar
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:12 am

danielpmcauliffe wrote:This is the most pathetic argument I've ever seen. First off, Merel is one of the most stand up dudes I've ever met. Secondly, pretty sure he started his own catering company, and works for his money. Thirdly, he didn't hype up a small commission to sell prints and make money. The commission is small because no one wanted to enter, because Welker was just starting to get big. I remember hearing about it from a friend and not even caring, because I wasn't a Welker fan at that point. And the hype is huge because Welker produced a better piece of art than anyone could have ever dreamed of him doing. IMO his best piece to date. And to bring someone's past about addiction into things when you don't even know them is just straight up pathetic. Grow the drymount up and stop being a keyboard warrior.

File under: fudge 14'er's say.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:26 am

edgar wrote:
danielpmcauliffe wrote:This is the most pathetic argument I've ever seen. First off, Merel is one of the most stand up dudes I've ever met. Secondly, pretty sure he started his own catering company, and works for his money. Thirdly, he didn't hype up a small commission to sell prints and make money. The commission is small because no one wanted to enter, because Welker was just starting to get big. I remember hearing about it from a friend and not even caring, because I wasn't a Welker fan at that point. And the hype is huge because Welker produced a better piece of art than anyone could have ever dreamed of him doing. IMO his best piece to date. And to bring someone's past about addiction into things when you don't even know them is just straight up pathetic. Grow the drymount up and stop being a keyboard warrior.

i wont touch the merel statements but everything else you said is ridiculous
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:31 am

stuckeyc wrote:
edgar wrote:

i wont touch the merel statements but everything else you said is ridiculous
I don't know how it's ridiculous. It's not like the commission was kept a secret. Everyone knew about it, but not many people were big on Welker yet. He hadn't even done his first Panic print at that point.
1000steps
Art Expert

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:02 am

It's just a poster. A rather nice and expensive one, but still just a poster.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:14 am

1000steps wrote:It's just a poster. A rather nice and expensive one, but still just a poster.
Exactly. Beautiful work by David. It's expensive because most people in the commission are keeping theirs because it's such a great work of art.