The Mound 15 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Dalek
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:43 am

bryndavies wrote:I think we can all agree that $1000 or $1500 for a just released screen print is madness. And that it's interesting you could take that same money and buy the rift giclee, a phish Emek 95, a grateful dead Oxford circle, etc. it's nothing about the art, which is great, it's just, well, as I said, madness. But things are "worth" what people will pay, and that's the world we live in. I'm personally bummed this one will take off so high because it'll not likely make it to my collection, but you can't win em all.
That's what I was saying earlier...for $1000 you can get some of the more ISO'd prints on this site fer chrissake. This was what, $100 2 months ago?
bmerel
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:33 pm

Can't we just discuss the art anymore? Who cares what people are asking for it, what people are paying for it, etc? This was a year long commission...hardly "came out" a few weeks ago. Just because you believe it's "worth" is shadowed by other pieces of art around is meaningless. It's what the individual thinks of the piece. It's the connection that someone has to the artist, story or imagery. The eye of the beholder trumps all. You love it, find a way to get it. You think it's stupid, go get something else you think "worthy" of your time and money. At the end of the day, MOST of these are in hands of people that will be framing them for good. Win Win. Not to mention, DW killed this!!

:clap:
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:41 pm

^ says the dude who has one.
ImageT.K.C.
bmerel
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:43 pm

bryndavies wrote:^ says the dude who has one.
Just making some points that I believe are somewhat valid. My $.03
electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:46 pm

bmerel wrote:$.03
inflation is everywhere!
Cragars
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:46 pm

I deem this print unfuckwittable.

Probably will never own it but it turned out incredible. Hopefully a few find their way to Further Frames or other inspired framers.
bmerel
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:47 pm

Cragars wrote:I deem this print unfuckwittable.

Probably will never own it but it turned out incredible. Hopefully a few find their way to Further Frames or other inspired framers.

Many of them that have landed already are immediately on their way to get some massively awesome frame treatments. Mine will be there soon as well.

My $.04 :P
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:48 pm

bmerel wrote:

bryndavies wrote:...the art, which is great..... things are "worth" what people will pay, and that's the world we live in. I'm personally bummed this one will take off so high because it'll not likely make it to my collection, but you can't win em all.

You don't have to read between the lines to see that I generally agree with you. :wink:

Edit, and if I had one, I'd challenge you to a frame up off.
ImageT.K.C.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Id like to be part of that frame off! Who has my extra? :P
bmerel
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:02 pm

bryndavies wrote:
bmerel wrote:

bryndavies wrote:...the art, which is great..... things are "worth" what people will pay, and that's the world we live in. I'm personally bummed this one will take off so high because it'll not likely make it to my collection, but you can't win em all.

You don't have to read between the lines to see that I generally agree with you. :wink:

Edit, and if I had one, I'd challenge you to a frame up off.

I'll destroy you in a frame up challenge. :P
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:03 pm

Challenge accepted (if I ever find one). :D :evil:
ImageT.K.C.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:53 pm

bryndavies wrote:Challenge accepted (if I ever find one). :D :evil:
Dalek
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Merel, I know a lot of people that were in on this commission, I've even seen one in person which is why it is/was on my ISO list. I think DW absolutely crushed this one, out of the park for sure. To me (and a lot of others I'm sure), the argue that this stands with the other giants at that price point is delusional thinking from people who own it. The art is sick though, I'm not arguing that at all.
Last edited by Dalek on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:50 pm

I've refused to get Facebook on principle since it started. This is the absolute first time that that hardline stance has drymounted me. It's probably saved me from a lot of other things though, so that's cool, I guess. :?
ImageT.K.C.
Dalek
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:51 pm

And you're 100% correct...most of these will stay in peoples collections/instant framing.