Who 50th Anniversary US Spring Tour 15 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ShipShape
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 19, 2015 4:49 pm

See ya'll in the Boogie Down Brookyln
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue May 19, 2015 6:14 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:All I know is that if there are ANY in the building that night, I will be going home with one, even if it means a couple hundred palmed to the right merch dude. 8)
Stay out of jail, earl :wink:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Tue May 19, 2015 8:46 pm

ShipShape wrote:See ya'll in the Boogie Down Brookyln
Is this Particle/DrewJ's new alt?
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue May 19, 2015 9:43 pm

dutchflowers wrote:
Why would you say that
shadygrove
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 19, 2015 9:45 pm

even if it means a couple hundred palmed to the right merch dude. 8)
I am good friends with the guy running merch for this tour. He came to my dad's house and had dinner with us when the St Louis show was cancelled. I have been texting him regularly about this poster and he has told me repeatedly that he has not been selling this poster. It's not going through the merch company. It's coming from somewhere else. So the Teen Cancer Fundraiser sounds like the most plausible explanation. And the most noble.

I donated to the Teen Cancer Fundraiser because it's a good cause, but I didn't get any info on this poster.

BTW, I'm ISO... just like everyone else. IF anyone has a lead on how to get one... lemme know! Thanks! It'd go great next to my Gold Foil Who. :D
http://shakedowngallery.com
join my email list to hear about new blotter art releases:
http://bit.ly/art-mailing-list
dutchflowers
Art Expert

Tue May 19, 2015 10:28 pm

RiotAct wrote:
dutchflowers wrote:
Why would you say that
a lot of the usual signs are there...

Just smells alty to me. :)
Clevehenge

Wed May 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Just like every other report in here after a show I can tell you that these were nowhere to be found at the Columbus gig. I did buy a $20 regular one that isn't listed in here. i just to walk away with something. It has no info on it whatsoever.
ShipShape
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 20, 2015 9:39 pm

ok here's the deal! talked to my good friend today who works at the Garden and is a member of the teamster's union in NYC. Part of his job is being responsible for over seeing the transition from Hockey games to Basketball games. They have to cover the ice and re-set the whole venue for The Who show. He's been in the teamster's union for over 20 years and is hardly ever wrong about what's going on at the Garden. Now you don't need a ticket to buy a print! From Mr. McMahon and I quote "Come down early as it's being sold the day of the show right outside the venue where they sell the Phish prints day of show" Whatever is left over is going to the next show's and when they're gone that's it! Some may also be sold inside the venue as well" Take it with a grain of salt but I trust this guy as he has been friends with my husband for over 20 years as they also went high school together! I'm going down at 9AM to line up and it's strictly one per person or household. Good Luck and see you guys there bright and early.

PS This guy also acquired 6 Jim Pollock MSG prints for me a few years back at cost!
FroDawg
Art Expert

Wed May 20, 2015 9:47 pm

ShipShape wrote:ok here's the deal! talked to my good friend today who works at the Garden and is a member of the teamster's union in NYC. Part of his job is being responsible for over seeing the transition from Hockey games to Basketball games. They have to cover the ice and re-set the whole venue for The Who show. He's been in the teamster's union for over 20 years and is hardly ever wrong about what's going on at the Garden. Now you don't need a ticket to buy a print! From Mr. McMahon and I quote "Come down early as it's being sold the day of the show right outside the venue where they sell the Phish prints day of show" Whatever is left over is going to the next show's and when they're gone that's it! Some may also be sold inside the venue as well" Take it with a grain of salt but I trust this guy as he has been friends with my husband for over 20 years as they also went high school together! I'm going down at 9AM to line up and it's strictly one per person or household. Good Luck and see you guys there bright and early.

PS This guy also acquired 6 Jim Pollock MSG prints for me a few years back at cost!
Interesting. How does the guy know that they are selling the Sperry vs the other tour print mentioned by Clevehenge? Worth speculating but curious if he specified this print. Keep us posted...

(He's right about not needing a ticket to get to merch. That's true at all shows I've attended there, which is a miniscule number vs the number attended by many of our NYC beaner brothers & sisters.)
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed May 20, 2015 10:22 pm

Any PB's in the City? :drool:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed May 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Except they're not playing at MSG.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
ShipShape
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 20, 2015 11:03 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Except they're not playing at MSG.

It's all the same company that the teamsters have a contract with! MSG, The Beacon, Barclay's and many other NYC institutions that they are in charge of setting up and taking down. TO Frodawg: It could be the other print as he was just told all of the Merch would be available to buy outside the venue way before show time! I'll call him and meet up for lunch and see if I can confirm that its the Sperry print. I've been best friends with Patty Mac for years and he's NEVER let me down at a NYC show. He's gotten me into every venue In NYC for years the best being was Pearl Jam's private show for Robin Hood at the Beacon theatre! Also saw the Rolling Stones at Radio City Music hall which was a private show too. This guy's info is Golden! Keep you posted via PM Frodawg! or if you want I can pick you and only you a print up for cost. But strictly one print per person is what he told me!
bigmuls
Art Expert

Thu May 21, 2015 2:32 pm

So this is up on The Who's website for $250...
pewter14
EB Team

Thu May 21, 2015 2:37 pm

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
automator
Nobody

Thu May 21, 2015 2:41 pm

New image Who 50th Anniversary US Spring Tour 15 Sperry