Primus Morrison 15 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Yom
New User

Fri May 08, 2015 7:59 pm

It is clever and brilliantly illustrated but not aesthetically pleasing. I wouldn't want to look at this on my wall everyday.
sethtaylor190
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 08, 2015 8:09 pm

These look great! I wonder if their will be an artist edition, seems like it could be a big hassle to ship 100 or so of these! Certainly hope he does, these are very interesting and would love to see one!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri May 08, 2015 8:42 pm

sethtaylor190 wrote:These look great! I wonder if their will be an artist edition, seems like it could be a big hassle to ship 100 or so of these! Certainly hope he does, these are very interesting and would love to see one!
Emek ALWAYS drops an artist edition a couple/few weeks after the show his poster represents.
The bad news is that you have to be a speed demon to grab one, because they sell out in an instant.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
mkaveney
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 08, 2015 10:43 pm

ajharrington321 wrote:$100

I'm sure a bunch got ruined with the rain
Glad I bought a second ticket and brought mine to the car. Saved a lot of unnecessary anxiety.
peacedog wrote:
ErocAfellar wrote:
peacedog wrote: I've seen 6 through the shop today
:shock:

Mostly show and tell. Framing one (so far).
These next 2 weeks can't go by quick enough. Cant wait to see it all done!
italarts

Sat May 09, 2015 4:08 am

very cool, Emek going over the top!
eternal
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Can someone explain to me the connection between stamps and Primus/Wonka? Its cool but I don't understand the significance.
mkaveney
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 09, 2015 1:28 pm

eternal wrote:Can someone explain to me the connection between stamps and Primus/Wonka? Its cool but I don't understand the significance.

I see it as a dose reference. Big eyes, "stamps", the title "wonkavision". I could be totally wrong and probably am, but thats how I'm going to interperate it.
eternal
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 09, 2015 5:39 pm

I think its safe to say that in emek's attempt to make this flip proof he actually increased the value and made it more flipable. I've never seen a gig poster this expensive 2 days later...
Last edited by eternal on Sat May 09, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2015 6:08 pm

eternal wrote:I think its safe to say at this point that in emek's attempt to make this flip proof he actually increased the value and made it more flipable? I've never seen a gig poster this expensive 2 days later...
Yea I'm surprised sales are still around $400
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2015 8:38 pm

That dammmed EMEK...'always eff'n things up in the gig memorabilia marketplace. :twisted:

Every time the music scene's artists think they're doing something cool, interesting or original, he busts out some uber-awesomeness: stamped, carved, etched, molded, embossed, emblazened, burnt, glowing, glistening, glimmering or googly-eyed... :hanging:

:clap:
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2015 8:42 pm

downbytheriver wrote:That dammmed EMEK...'always eff'n things up in the gig memorabilia marketplace. :twisted:

Every time the music scene's artists think they're doing something cool, interesting or original, he busts out some uber-awesomeness: stamped, carved, etched, molded, embossed, emblazened, burnt, glowing, glistening, glimmering or googly-eyed... :hanging:

:clap:
I don't own many Emeks but I've always been impressed with his creativity and the execution. This one is no exception
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat May 09, 2015 9:40 pm

well stated, river!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
pulling69
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 10, 2015 1:28 am

Anyone ever make a Big Brown Beaver print? I would hang that on my wall :twisted:
italbot
New User

Sun May 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Yea, managed to get two of them through whole show in mint condition. Though i came prepared with and extra rain jacket for the print, extra stability padding and 6 bags. Just pissed because i had opportunity to get a second after getting back in line, only 96$ in pocket :(. Worth the hours of waiting and the anxiety of holding whole show. Saw at least a dozen people open them while it was drizzleing, not to mention many i saw just relying on the original plastic wrapping to keep dry. Cannot imagine there are more than 200 mint at this point, not to mention all the ones that had the eyes popped in by yahoos at the merch stand. BE VERY CAREFUL BUYING THIS PRINT!!!!
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Tue May 12, 2015 2:32 pm

Can't wait to see these variants!