Primus Morrison 15 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:24 pm

The poster I bought on ebay arrived with the eyes damaged. I settled with the seller after insurance covered the loss, and kept the poster for half off.

I decided to try to remove the eyes with the hair dryer technique... It worked, but it took a few minutes on each eye. There are two bad parts to this story...

1= As I was working each eye off the poster with the tip of my index finger, the heat combined with the pressure I was applying with my fingertip to loosen the eye, caused a big blood blister to immediately form on my finger tip. It was painful and didn't heal for a week. It was so bad that I used my other hand to remove the other googly eye, with the same result. Damn, I'm an idiot. I looked like a leper. It was only painful for a day or so, though.

2= After the eyes were removed, it took me about 10 minutes on each eye to gently roll the remaining adhesive off the poster. This was tedious, because I had to make sure I was removing the adhesive without damaging the poster. I used the tip of my middle fingers for this part of the removal, so I didn't exacerbate the index fingertip blister situation. I'm not THAT dumb :lol: . The good news is that the adhesive came off completely and I didn't damage the poster.

I love the look of the swirly eyes far better than the googly eyes, but being the purist I am, I bought another copy of the poster and it arrived in mint condition, so I now have a set... The EYES have it :shock:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Emek.eyes.off.JPG
Emek.eyes.on.jpg
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:03 pm

I think it looks great both ways, but definitely partial to the hypno-eyes. I'm glad those are there as a backup, considering how easily damaged the googly eyes obviously were. Oddly enough, my AP arrived fine, no dents, but the little top hat was missing his googly eyes :lol: and one of the big eyes has 2 pupils in it haha...
peacedog
Art Expert

Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:17 pm

whiskaz wrote:I think it looks great both ways, but definitely partial to the hypno-eyes. I'm glad those are there as a backup, considering how easily damaged the googly eyes obviously were. Oddly enough, my AP arrived fine, no dents, but the little top hat was missing his googly eyes :lol: and one of the big eyes has 2 pupils in it haha...
The Scaramanga Edition with the superfluous third pupil. Nice.
automator
Nobody

Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:42 pm

New image Primus Morrison 15 EMEK - Inverted Colors
Edition of 12

automator
Nobody

Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:44 pm

New image Primus Morrison 15 EMEK - Foil

automator
Nobody

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:45 am

New image Primus Morrison 15 EMEK - Foil Framed

tiedyedmind
Art Enthusiast

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Black Line edition of 12.
Photo courtesy of RockPosters.com via auction.sixtiesposters.com
rscecil007
New User

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Thought I'd ask the experts here. I have the AP print I got directly from Emek and his website, when it went on sale way back when. I had hoped to frame it but it's in a long line of posters to get done, so it's stayed in the packaging the way it arrived from EMEK.

I pulled it out today to look at it (honestly was contemplating selling it), and noticed mine does have the extra googly eye on the top hat that only the AP proof had, and it's signed, BUT it's not numbered. Looks like most of the AP ones I've seen on ebay and using google-fu all show the AP one signed.

Did I just get one that was an oversight my Emek? Anyone else seen an AP not signed?

On the plus side, mine did arrive in mint shape with no dents to any of the eyes...

Thanks for any help!
applehead
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:09 am

Cool pics and info. Thanks for posting Rick!