Sleepwalker 15 Dolk

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 am

This topic is dedicated to: Sleepwalker 15 Dolk

Bateman2000
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Classic image with a strong meaning.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu May 07, 2015 6:32 pm

So what exactly is the meaning behind this image? Is it the infallibility of the human spirit and the ability to overcome? Honestly curious...
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu May 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Bateman2000 wrote:Classic image with a strong meaning.

What makes it a "classic?"
ImageT.K.C.
bone811
Art Expert

Thu May 07, 2015 6:55 pm

hopefully he is trolling
Bateman2000
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 08, 2015 2:33 am

comountaingolf wrote:So what exactly is the meaning behind this image? Is it the infallibility of the human spirit and the ability to overcome? Honestly curious...
Dolk never explain his work but I like to think the meaning is something like, " if you believe, anything can happen, anything is possible" keeping the faith and you can overcome.
Strong meaning IMO, but each to his own :D
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri May 08, 2015 6:16 am

Walking dead or some fudge like that.
statik
Art Expert

Fri May 08, 2015 6:23 am

We don't know what we're capable of until we shut our mind off.
drymount your sig!
bone811
Art Expert

Fri May 08, 2015 8:50 am

Looks like a zombie to me
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 10, 2015 8:37 am

comountaingolf wrote:So what exactly is the meaning behind this image? Is it the infallibility of the human spirit and the ability to overcome? Honestly curious...
I'm in the same boat brother, trying to figure out what both of his new prints "mean". Street art's always got to have a message right, it's not just there to look pretty?!?
THC x 3
JaceTrotts
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 10, 2015 11:55 am

I heard there is another one coming out to follow up this one of a girl in a wheelchair winning a treadmill on the price is right.
Cucoogallery
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 10, 2015 3:22 pm

jcbudny wrote:
I'm in the same boat brother, trying to figure out what both of his new prints "mean". Street art's always got to have a message right, it's not just there to look pretty?!?

Guys, his work doesn't mean much of anything. That's why he never explains them. He's great at the use of juxtaposition or word play, but for the most part, that's as deep as his work gets. Take this one for example. Or 'Fire Chief' (So clever).This wheel chair sleep walker, or whatever, is about as bottom of the barrel as it gets. Don't see why anyone would want this on their wall. To each their own I guess. For those looking for an easy flip, that's about as far as Dolk's contribution to the art world goes imo. I'd be curious as to what real paralyzed, wheel chair bound people feel about this image.
StaggerLee
Art Enthusiast

Sun May 10, 2015 6:19 pm

Cucoogallery wrote:
jcbudny wrote:

Guys, his work doesn't mean much of anything. That's why he never explains them. He's great at the use of juxtaposition or word play, but for the most part, that's as deep as his work gets. Take this one for example. Or 'Fire Chief' (So clever).This wheel chair sleep walker, or whatever, is about as bottom of the barrel as it gets. Don't see why anyone would want this on their wall. To each their own I guess. For those looking for an easy flip, that's about as far as Dolk's contribution to the art world goes imo. I'd be curious as to what real paralyzed, wheel chair bound people feel about this image.
Well, however they feel about it-it will only be from the waist up. Hey Now.
geebee
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 11, 2015 8:18 am

StaggerLee wrote:Well, however they feel about it-it will only be from the waist up. Hey Now.
As terrible as it is, I literally just LOLd. Thanks!
bkboy77
Art Expert

Mon May 11, 2015 9:02 am

any Norwegian care to explain this to non Norwegian folk. Is it suppose to be funny or does it have a deeper meaning to it?
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.