Amity Island 15 Wilson

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
yaboyderrty
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:38 pm

They are a bit dark but still glad I have this in the collection and plan to hang it in the rotation. And the metallic on the variant is nice. If you got this because you're a fan of Jaws, then it shouldn't matter too much. The design and layout is great. If you bought this to flip, then you'll be disappointed.
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:23 am

yaboyderrty wrote:If you got this because you're a fan of Jaws, then it shouldn't matter too much. The design and layout is great. If you bought this to flip, then you'll be disappointed.
What does this even mean?

Print looks great.
tranito
Art Expert

Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:11 pm

yaboyderrty wrote:They are a bit dark but still glad I have this in the collection and plan to hang it in the rotation. And the metallic on the variant is nice. If you got this because you're a fan of Jaws, then it shouldn't matter too much. The design and layout is great. If you bought this to flip, then you'll be disappointed.
Probably meant if you bought this at (high) aftermarket prices you might be disappointed.
If you bought this to flip (and do so for good money), you're probably happy with that, not disappointed.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Stereomove82
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:41 pm

blackbird68 wrote:these look extremely dark and it looks like quite a bit of design was lost in printing
It looks different in person to these compressed photo's and in different lights where more detail can be seen. The image itself is a silhouette style print so is naturally meant to be dark in the foreground & bottom half of the print to give the desired effect. 8)
DickButt
Art Expert

Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:41 pm

No one should judge this print based off those photos
yaboyderrty
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:12 pm

tranito wrote:
yaboyderrty wrote:They are a bit dark but still glad I have this in the collection and plan to hang it in the rotation. And the metallic on the variant is nice. If you got this because you're a fan of Jaws, then it shouldn't matter too much. The design and layout is great. If you bought this to flip, then you'll be disappointed.
Probably meant if you bought this at (high) aftermarket prices you might be disappointed.
If you bought this to flip (and do so for good money), you're probably happy with that, not disappointed.
This guy gets it! I personally like the print in person. I can see why ppl think it looks darker in person than the jpg but me, I love it.
tranito
Art Expert

Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:24 pm

One thing these pictures reveal though that is not subject to external factors is that the prints themselves are a filter fest. Just not my type. I'm sure a different set-up, camera, lighting etc. could make them look better color/contrast wise, but they'll always have that grainy look up close cause they were designed that way.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
mangchi
Art Enthusiast

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Not a fan
rfalk32
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 pm

The prints are even better in person.
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:10 pm

I bought this off of eBay and unfortunately am returning it. It's very dark, but thats not the worst part. The blue ink on the fence, the sign, and the roof beside the sign (as seen in the JPEG) is not present on the print. And the glow on the house on the right from the sun is very blotchy, not uniform like in the JPEG. Same with the warm glow on the road.

Jaws is my second favorite movie of all time, so I wanted to LOVE this print. The design is ridiculously great from the concept to the execution. But the print job just killed it for me. This is the only time I have ever said that the JPEG is leaps & bounds better than the poster.

This is all obviously my opinion, and I hope I don't sound like a prick. This was really a bummer because I was totally willing to pay a premium.
I Heart Haddonfield.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:25 pm

punch wrote:Oooof those did not come out well. Who printed it?
Lady Lazarus... I'd say the issue is more in the trying to fit it all in 3 colors but then again, I know absolutely nothing about printing.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:51 pm

It looks like there are more colors in the jpeg...more than 3. Even using color/overlays I don't see how those 3 colors can produce detail (colors) shown in the jpeg.

Aside from the excessive noise/filter applied, (which doesn't translate well in screen printing IMO), I don't think this is a printing issue...I think it's a color/separation issue. The color version needed more than 3 colors to produce what's shown in the jpeg.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:56 pm

This was printed on yellow (banana) stock. Not sure if that contributed to the darker tones. I think it would have come out lighter if printed on white? Not sure.

Also, this is supposed to be a buttcrack of dawn setting, so the lack of brightness doesn't bug me too much.

Now go bid on my auction.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:00 am

But, but.... this was AOTW.
fredo
Art God

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:08 am

Composition is pretty bad, too.
just a foil for me today, thanks