Superjerk 15 JERKFACE

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:35 pm

OK, you guys convinced me.

ISO
whl10
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:37 pm

Prisco077 wrote:It's not like Banksy is some technically gifted artist. But he's celebrated because he has extremely clever execution and ideas.
.html[/url]
And this jerk guys extremely Clever execution and ideas are what exactly?
disdig1
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:37 pm

GmidD wrote:
Prisco077 wrote:And to GmidD point, Jerkface using known images as part of his work is no different than many other artists whose artwork you probably have in your collection. Hell, Lichtenstein lifted DIRECTLY from comics, with very little design or layout alteration, and is considered one of the great pop artists of all time. It just seems like selective outrage.
This is exactly my point. And, whl10, I see Kaws and Invader in your ISOs. You consider those guys "original" or "talented"? Hell, arranging some tiles in the shape of a pixelated alien seems much easier than painting a giant mural.
Stop comparing this guy to kaws my god. First off kaws started off his career in the streets as a graffiti writer and then came to fame with one of the most original ideas out there with his ad disruption campaign that he did for years. Then he came out with his companion figure which was also extremely original. Now he does his abstract work which is just next level IMO . jerk face and kaws aren't even in the same universe creatively.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:38 pm

whl10 wrote:
GmidD wrote:
whl10 wrote:if you can do simple math then you can do it with graph paper
or even easier, a projector
I am very capable of doing simple, as well as complex, math, but laying it out on graph paper and translating that to a 60+ foot high wall in paint are two completely different things.
a square is a square. a grid is a grid. proportions are proportions. ratios are ratios. i think you might be selling yourself short here.
I have no idea how to do any of that fudge anymore.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Prisco077
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:40 pm

whl10 wrote:
Prisco077 wrote:It's not like Banksy is some technically gifted artist. But he's celebrated because he has extremely clever execution and ideas.
.html[/url]
And this jerk guys extremely Clever execution and ideas are what exactly?
I would never compare the two. Those two artists are clearly not in the same league.

I was merely saying that it's fine to not like Jerkface because you don't think he's clever or well executed. I'm not going to argue with anyone about that. But to say he has no talent as an artist is just hyperbole.
GmidD
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:42 pm

disdig1 wrote:
GmidD wrote:
Prisco077 wrote:And to GmidD point, Jerkface using known images as part of his work is no different than many other artists whose artwork you probably have in your collection. Hell, Lichtenstein lifted DIRECTLY from comics, with very little design or layout alteration, and is considered one of the great pop artists of all time. It just seems like selective outrage.
This is exactly my point. And, whl10, I see Kaws and Invader in your ISOs. You consider those guys "original" or "talented"? Hell, arranging some tiles in the shape of a pixelated alien seems much easier than painting a giant mural.
Stop comparing this guy to kaws my god. First off kaws started off his career in the streets as a graffiti writer and then came to fame with one of the most original ideas out there with his ad disruption campaign that he did for years. Then he came out with his companion figure which was also extremely original. Now he does his abstract work which is just next level IMO . jerk face and kaws aren't even in the same universe creatively.
The companion is "extremely original"? It's drymounting Mickey Mouse with a skull and crossbones. And, again, I own some campanions, but don't consider them original. And, the Kaws comparison is completely valid because what he's currently doing is really not much different than what Jerk does. They both appropriate characters from pop culture and put them in a different composition.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:45 pm

theperfecttree wrote:Image
Prints available. I just mocked this up in PS. Didn't exactly follow the rules posted earlier on how to make a Jerkface but I think I kind of nailed it.

EDIT: And yes, I did make sure that this exact image wasn't already in the database before I did it, surprisingly it wasn't..
Go ahead, make my millennium.
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:50 pm

nailed it
punch
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Bottleneck will sell that, PM them.

What talent!
JohnBruce
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:07 pm

lulz. should be mirrored though no ?
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Prisco077 wrote: It just seems like selective outrage.
usual suspects & butt babies, yup sounds about right
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Here's some relevant knowledge for this thread. The word "whether" is a synonym for the word "if," and thefore it is incorrect to say "whether or not" because that'd be akin to saying "if or not." as such, the correct statement, or query, is "whether this artist is orginial/a hack/talented, etc."
ImageT.K.C.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:26 pm

Prisco077 wrote:It just seems like selective outrage.
Yup. EB in general is one big exercise in selective outrage.
choke
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:27 pm

Keep going guys, some of you are very close to winning this debate over whether the art you like is better than the art other people like.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:31 pm

choke wrote:Keep going guys, some of you are very close to winning this debate over whether the art you like is better than the art other people like.
:clap: My job is done here. Carry on, folks.
ImageT.K.C.