Tron Legacy 15 Runge

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:20 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Tron Legacy 15 Runge

Luminous
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:21 pm

Only just discovered this print and this artist. Just placed an order.
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:58 am

Not bad.
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
Lomier
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Luminous wrote:Only just discovered this print and this artist. Just placed an order.
This guy is vastly superior to most of the film print artists that people get excited about these days. His Fifth Element is incredible! Makes me wish I liked the film more
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:09 pm

agreed. just ordered the variant with credits. been waiting for a good fifth element print .
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
aivc
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Looks like a lot of screen-grabs to me.
aibohphobia wrote:Maybe, but either way you get some cred for joining on 4-20 at 4:20. Nexus of the Universe.
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:26 pm

Lomier wrote:
Luminous wrote:Only just discovered this print and this artist. Just placed an order.
This guy is vastly superior to most of the film print artists that people get excited about these days. His Fifth Element is incredible! Makes me wish I liked the film more
when I first saw this, I thought it was a cut/paste prelim of unfinished work. probably due to the cut off heads.
fitz
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:47 pm

I would love to see some process shots on these.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:49 pm

The original piece for this print is airbrushed acrylics and colored pencils on gessoed illustration board. He's that good. No cutting and pasting for this guy. The sky is limit with his skills.
ISO an avatar
fitz
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:52 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:The original piece for this print is airbrushed acrylics and colored pencils on gessoed illustration board. He's that good. No cutting and pasting for this guy. The sky is limit with his skills.
yeah I read his alien piece was acrylics - that is just incredible, I mean some of his stuff is almost (and don't hate me for this) Struzan-esque - you see work this good and just assume its a load of screengrabs with a few PS filters slapped on top.
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:57 pm

fitz wrote:
FinalKickstand wrote:The original piece for this print is airbrushed acrylics and colored pencils on gessoed illustration board. He's that good. No cutting and pasting for this guy. The sky is limit with his skills.
yeah I read his alien piece was acrylics - that is just incredible, I mean some of his stuff is almost (and don't hate me for this) Struzan-esque - you see work this good and just assume its a load of screengrabs with a few PS filters slapped on top.
I had Nick do a couple private commission sketches for me and every time I talk to him I compare his work to Struzan. I'm clearly no expert but I think he's that good. I have the perfect private commission project for him. Need to hit him up before he blows up :D
ISO an avatar
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Here are the sketches :D
ISO an avatar
FinalKickstand
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Sketches was a bad word. I've been drinking :P
ISO an avatar
rubberneck
Art God

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:47 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:
fitz wrote:
I had Nick do a couple private commission sketches for me and every time I talk to him I compare his work to Struzan. I'm clearly no expert but I think he's that good. I have the perfect private commission project for him. Need to hit him up before he blows up :D
Agree, I saw the 2001 OG from HCG and was totally taken with the old school approach and incredible detail. Hadn't come across his work prior but he's popular with comic fans.

Reminds me of both Struzan and Alvin with his renderings and composition.

Gorgeous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
MengFong93
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:57 pm

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.
jkw3000 wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:What happened to this print? Everyone is selling it.
bikewrecked wrote:Everyone realized they didn't want to hang a poster of Javier Bardem in a bowlcut on their wall.
Newbie collector in Training.